CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Cheap
    Price is Long Forgotten.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Gap Wedge tsunami is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee
    Tom Weiskoff. Why would you buy a used set after being fitted? It si no saving in the long run. Do it once do it right.
    I don't think I will but I'll have a look. I think they are pretty old and I would not only miss-out on the fitting but also I would not be getting the latest technology/design and forgiveness. I did see yours for sale but I think they were for low a handicap player.

The cost is significant for a new set of component irons + driver. Perhaps to many on this site it is not that much but to me it is significant. Anyway, I'll be putting my old set up for sale (and anything else around the house I can find) and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by tsunami
    I don't think I will but I'll have a look. I think they are pretty old and I would not only miss-out on the fitting but also I would not be getting the latest technology/design and forgiveness. I did see yours for sale but I think they were for low a handicap player.

The cost is significant for a new set of component irons + driver. Perhaps to many on this site it is not that much but to me it is significant. Anyway, I'll be putting my old set up for sale (and anything else around the house I can find) and go from there.

Mine are sold Andy. I was not trying to sell them to you. I just wanted to realise that you were not really doing yourself a favour by going to your friend's old clubs.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Shagging Balls DavidY is on a distinguished road DavidY's Avatar
    If you decide to buy those Tom Weiskopf clubs, you might want to ask for more information. In the early 90's, I bought my first set of golf clubs from Sears. The brand was Northwestern Tom Weiskopf, typical of the mass market and cheap quality of the clubs that one gets at Sears. Finally got rid of them when I sold them to a former co-worker for $60 including a Spalding cart bag, sand wedge, putter and a few dozen used balls.

Dave

Mine are sold Andy. I was not trying to sell them to you. I just wanted to realise that you were not really doing yourself a favour by going to your friend's old clubs.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were.

Here is a question. What is a reasonable price to pay for a component set of irons 3-PW? Again, I need a forgiving head. I do know that Golfworks quoted reshafting existing irons with steel @ $9.00 for shaft + grip plus $22.00ea. for labour. Those numbers suggest just buying new.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami
    Here is a question. What is a reasonable price to pay for a component set of irons 3-PW?
    Unfortunately there's a lot of variability there because of the many options available.

If you're talking a used set of decent irons + shafts, $150-$200 is reasonable and there is a pretty steady stream of those in the for sale forum here. Sometimes even lower.

If you're talking ProjectX with new high end forged cavities, you're looking at close to $600 just for the parts.

One other thing, based on your profile, you should probably be looking at 5-PW + 2 hybrids.

1 Iron manitoulin is on a distinguished road manitoulin's Avatar
    check the stiffness of the driver. it should be the same as three wood.

What's in your bag now i.e irons. Please don't spare any details.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by manitoulin
    check the stiffness of the driver. it should be the same as three wood.
    What's your definition of stiffness?
    Mahatma Gandhi

What's in your bag now i.e irons. Please don't spare any details.
    The clubs in my bag consist of 1-PW of Jazz Fat Cat, P2W (play to win) irons. The 1-5 irons are all hybrids and the 6-PW are normal cavitiy back. Shafts are the original Fat Cat playing at somewhere between a ladies and seniors flex. Bought at Chuck Brown's three years ago. The driver, three wood and putter you know already.

Here is an extract from a link...
    "The company also makes a full lineup of iron woods. These utility clubs have a bubble back design and low center of gravity, and are meant to replace either fairway woods or long irons, depending on player preference. The five clubs in the iron-wood package have lofts of 14, 16, 19, 22 and 26 degrees."

Here is the link.
    http://www.pgatour.com/story/5065952

Shagging Balls DavidY is on a distinguished road DavidY's Avatar
    Even a set of new component irons isn't too expensive.....$250-$350 for some Raven models if I recall correctly? You can probably confirm the price range with Kona or others. These would be fitted to YOUR requirements.

Check your wrist to floor measurement (wear flat sole shoes only)....32-34" recommends a 37.5" 5-iron....34-36" recommends a 38" 5-iron, etc.

The "standard" length of a 5-iron appears to range between 37.5 to 38".

Dave

Thread Information