I know the summer heat wave is over, but if anyone is looking to reduce their electric bill a little, Canadian Tire currently has 3-packs of Noma Flourescent bulbs on sale for $5.99/each. However, if you go to the customer service desk and ask for the Energy saver coupons for the flourscent bulbs you get an extra $5.00 off. The way they will ring it in, it will end up costing you $1.83/pack.

I grabbed 4 packs and 4 coupons, but the cashier has to ring them through one at a time, so I suggest you bring a bunch of Toonies with you to save some hastle with change.

Just a heads up tho, I'm looking on the CT website and it seems that the bulbs I got were different from the ones the sale is actually on. Maybe they ran out of stock on the "Globe" bulbs and had to put the Noma bulbs on sale to replace them. I went to the store on Coventry road. The Noma bulbs I purchased have a 5yr/8,000 hr warranty on them.

The Energy Star website has a Savings Calculator to help you determine the potential savings. Just fill in the number of Bulbs, Change the unit price of the bulb and plug in what Hydro Ottawa is charging you per kWh. This might help you figure out whether it's worth it or not.

I'm done...