100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pontoon Boats

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

Pontoon Boats

Any Pontoon Boat owners on the forum. Would like to know some of your experiences (good or bad) ? Thank you.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Lob Wedge Jer in Ottawa is on a distinguished road
    Nothing but good experiences with our pontoon. 21' with a 25hp Merc. Not fast but they aren't supposed to be. Love it.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    If I were choosing a boat, pontoon style is #1 on my list. You can get one with an engine with enough hp to tow a waterskiier (sp?) or wakeboarder, or an inflatable, you can fish off them, and party on them, and generally enjoy a body of water with one. They are affordable, and most come with a roof or 1/2 roof, that is really a nice option.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I rented one for the day last year , and i was pleasantly surprised how much fun they are , however it didn't have enough speed for me , but that's just me. I know you can get different types with larger engines, if you prefer , a very good boating experience allround though.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba
    If I were choosing a boat, pontoon style is #1 on my list. You can get one with an engine with enough hp to tow a waterskiier (sp?) or wakeboarder, or an inflatable, you can fish off them, and party on them, and generally enjoy a body of water with one. They are affordable, and most come with a roof or 1/2 roof, that is really a nice option.

Yeah I'm not too sure about towing a waterskiier behind a pontoon boat. Generally speaking you need at least 40hp per skier, and not a lot of drag which pontoon boats create. Although I;'m sure its possible, I can't see it being all that enjoyable with its bulkiness and lack of manouevreability. They do look fun to party on though with a BBQ and some beer.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Reminds me of the time when I referred to my friends catamaran as a "pontoon" boat. He was a little miffed.

Its possible, my buddy has a 50hp Yamaha 4 stroke on his, and while its not very sporting, you can pull up a waterskiier behind it.

The funniest is the wake board, I have a buddy who's a good wakeboarder, and a big guy, and he could litterally slow the boat to almost a full stop by pulling a really hard turn.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster
    I rented one for the day last year , and i was pleasantly surprised how much fun they are , however it didn't have enough speed for me , but that's just me. I know you can get different types with larger engines, if you prefer , a very good boating experience allround though.
    Where and how do one rent a poontoon? There was a company at a dock near Museum of Civilization that has rentals, but closed due to codes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer in Ottawa
    Nothing but good experiences with our pontoon. 21' with a 25hp Merc. Not fast but they aren't supposed to be. Love it.
    Can a 25 HP motor pull an adult (or child) on a tube?
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    A 25 hp can tow a tube...depending on the boat.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark
    A 25 hp can tow a tube...depending on the boat.
    20 foot pontoon boat?
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldred
    Where and how do one rent a poontoon? There was a company at a dock near Museum of Civilization that has rentals, but closed due to codes.
    I rented one at Lac Masson in quebec, but, check out the marinas at big Rideau there are a few that rent different types.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    20 foot pontoon boat?
    tubes float, concievably, a canoe can tow one. just not very quickly.

a 25 hp pontoon could pull a tube with an adult on it no problem, its just not going to be an adrenaline-filled ride

Thread Information