CorporateGolfXtra 2024

Threaded View

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Unhappy My Club Championship weekend

Well what started off with promise ended with bitter disappointment. Although I reached my goal of finishing in the top ten (tie for 7th) I feel like I should have placed much higher.

Saturday started out real good, a 3 over 39 to start and I felt real good about myself. But after tripling the short 10th hole (I'll never ever backhand a putt in again ) it went downhill from there. Finished up with a pitiful 7 over 41 for an uninspired 80. Leader came in at 75 and there was really only about 8 players ahead of me (26 were entered in the A flight).

On to day two. After a not so good day one I figured it could only get better. How wrong I was. Shot a very pathetic 7 over 43 on the front and was ready to call it a day with the ever prominent threat of rain looming, and figuring that my chances of a top ten were out of the question. But decided to prove to myself that I can play with these guys and finished strong with a solid 3 over 37 (paring the last four holes in) for another 80.

Despite the tough conditions (windy and greens that were much faster than we've played all year) I was pleased that I reached my goal but disappointed that I didn't play well and actually probably had a shot at winning. But some (ok many) lip outs and bad lies hurt my cause on more than a few holes. But hey, that's golf right? Even though I'm getting tired of saying, I guess there's always next year.

Almost forgot, the winner went 76, 75.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 08-27-2006 at 10:36 PM.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information