CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

Pro V1 asymmetry

Apparently there's a huge buzz going around that if you place your Pro V1 in a certain orientation, you can get different flight characteristics.

The USGA says the ball conforms. Titleist says the ball conforms. Jack Nicklaus says the difference is obvious, and the ball should never have been approved. One Tour Pro is quoted as saying, he's never seen a Pro tee one up except in the stated orientation.

There's a seam where the equator of the ball is and no dimples cross it because the cover is manufactured in two pieces. If this seam is vertical pointing down the target line, the ball is said to fly a few yards further, both with low and high swing speeds. If the seam is placed perpendicular to this orientation, the ball flies further in a tailwind than a random orientation.

Any thoughts?

spidey

Sand Wedge michaeld is on a distinguished road
    I admit, I am seaming my Maxflis. I draw a line on the seam, use this for putting also. Only seam vertically on the tee.

What we need to do, is get together, buy a gross (12 X 12) of Pro V1s and test this for real at a good range.

Yeah right

54Rigger
    I'll buy the used Pro V1;s off ya if you can get a gross

Thread Information