CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Le Sorcier

Driver bazooka Don is on a distinguished road

Le Sorcier

Does anyone know how well Le Sorcier drains. We are supposed to get over 35mm's of rain tomorrow and i have a tee off there for Monday. Someone must have played there after a heavy day of rain before. Thanks

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    We went up after the last rains and they had 5 holes closed so we didn't want to just play 13 holes so came and played our home course. A number of holes are very low and I don't think drain well.

I will have to call. I'm not driving all the way there to find out 5 holes are closed.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Conditions were fine on Monday. My first time at Le Sorcier and I can say that it is a lovely course, my one beef would be that they need to get the yardages sorted out on the par 3s, they had moved the tees and put up signs but they were wrong.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Unless they changed the tee signs recently they are bang on. All the signs matched my laser rangefider to the middle of the green.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Unless they changed the tee signs recently they are bang on. All the signs matched my laser rangefider to the middle of the green.
    I think they kept the signs (temporary ones by the side of the tee boxes) and moved them to a different part of the tee box, as you could clearly see all the divots on other parts of the tee box and very few where the markers were. It wasn't really a problem for me. Loved the course!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    The measurment is to the sign. They should not be moved. They move the tees around. It's the same as if there were painted stones indicating yardage.

When i spoke with the starter he said to take one to two clubs less on the par 3's. Everyone in our group had problems with the yardages but. Not on all the 3's. Beautiful layout though.

The main issue i had was the Marshal telling us to pick up play after waiting to tee off on three consecutive holes. The carts were not allowed off the path so you have 4 people who don't like taking carts stopping running to the other side of the fairway to take a shot then running back to the cart. Pretty monotonous. Unfortunately we can't control the conditiions but obviously play would have been faster if everyone didn't have to stick to the cart paths. I do like the course but something as simple as sucking the water out of the holes would have been nice. One thing i didn't have to play out of the sand all day but again i noticed a lot of water in some of the traps. How hard would it be to get rid of some of that.

Thread Information