CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    'caps go up and down. Don't hang up the clubs. I'd rather be out with my pals at my home course hacking it up than hanging around the house for the month before winter. I'd be shocked if you actually do pack it in early so just relax and you'll enjoy golf again soon.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    'caps go up and down. Don't hang up the clubs. I'd rather be out with my pals at my home course hacking it up than hanging around the house for the month before winter. I'd be shocked if you actually do pack it in early so just relax and you'll enjoy golf again soon.
    Thanks for the encouragement Dan, but with the move coming up sooner than later and all the club events done for the year it might not be a bad idea to hang'em up and call it a season and start looking forward to next year.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    blah blah blah, when he is shooting 70's and gives me strokes we are always even after the 18th hole.. if he is shooting 80s... its game over for young jeffery

Can I have some of what you are taking for meds? You know as well as I do, club championship is much different than playing golf against one of us 'hackers' for pride. He would demolish us with a ½ set of junior womens clubs

The 3 of us should get together at MC and we could both take him on just to prove it! We could invite Hacker just for you and I to have somone to beat up on
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    Can I have some of what you are taking for meds? You know as well as I do, club championship is much different than playing golf against one of us 'hackers' for pride. He would demolish us with a ½ set of junior womens clubs

The 3 of us should get together at MC and we could both take him on just to prove it! We could invite Hacker just for you and I to have somone to beat up on
    Funniest thing I've heard all day.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

6 Iron hhk is on a distinguished road
    I think there are two types of inconsistency, maybe three.

1) inconsistency day to day - shoot 79 one day, 95 the next.
    2) inconsistency hole to hole - shoot a 8, then a par, then a double, par, etc.
    3) inconsistency shot to shot - shank one, pure one, slice one, top one.

I think as you get better, you go from a type 3 to a type 1. I'm now a type 2. If I can shoot low 80s every other game and have the other scores in the 90s, I'm happy. But right now, I feel like I have the potential to break 80 but I can't because of my blow-up holes.

Hybrid clankoffdatee is on a distinguished road

up and down

Its not so much about the score for me. I generally finish pretty close from one extreme to the other. What drives me nuts is I can do everything really well and really feel "on" but not score well.That can last for 5 or 6 rounds or so. And then the scoring happens(saves the index) and everything works.That is a great feeling. Doesn't matter how hard you go at it its good. You start pickin driving lines and pull em off. After a while.......crash...then its time for soul searching and the analysis begins.

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    I had a 43 today on the front, I don't like getting too far into the forties but I can shoot higher for sure. Teed it up on the tenth and made a 14

followed it up with a bogey, 5 pars and a birdie. Had I birdied the last (it can happen) I would have only been one stroke higher on the back after leading off with a nantuple. I came in with a triple...

14...thats gotta hurt.
    See you out there tomorrow!

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clankoffdatee
    14...thats gotta hurt.
    See you out there tomorrow!
    It totally sucked but I'm really proud that I bounced back and had some good holes.

Wrong handle, I have to work tomorrow

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    53 on the front 9 at Mont-Cascades yesterday and 43 on the back nine, I hate this game.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I am willing to take a day off work so I can get in on this action. Ya'all can beat up on me!

Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Are we inconsistent at this great game of golf? Sure we are, and we likely will be for the rest of our playing days.

Why? Simple. Most of us work for a living, have families etc. Practice time might be very limited for most of you. You simply do not have time to go to the range, or the chipping/putting green. The time you do have for golf, you would rather be playing 18 holes instead of practicing. I know I would, plus I really do not enjoy practicing.

However in order to improve you need to practice. So there lies our root problem. Now what you have to be able to do is accept the fact you might never be a single digit handicapper.

For those that do not know this, I had some pretty serious health issues to deal with back in May of this year. I missed 8 weeks of golf due to this issue. When I came back to the game I knew I would not be the player I was before (Hovered between a 5-7 index for the past 4 years) I accepted that fact and went out and played golf and enjoyed myself. Now I was never one to beat myself up after a bad round. It’s a game damn it, not live or death. So of course it was easy for me to get over the fact my scores would not be great. Sure I have had some great shots, but they do not come quite as often as they used to. That’s ok; I can live with that fact.

As a couple of my regular playing partners remind me once in awhile after I have an ugly hole. “You are lucky to be walking on top of the green grass and not laying 6 feet below it”

Yesterday I shot +6 for 18 and I was on top of the world. Tomorrow I will likely shoot 81 and you know what? I won’t care!

You sometimes need to sit down and think about why you play golf.

You play golf to enjoy the company of good friends or your family members.

You play golf because you LOVE THE GAME.

You play golf to get outdoors and enjoy the fresh air, sunshine and nature.

You play golf simply because you are ADDICTED to the game.

You continue to play golf, hoping that someday you will improve. Yes you will improve over time. The really ugly shots will still happen, just not as often. The really great shots will happen, more often.

Every one of you who post on this forum LOVE THE GAME OF GOLF and what is has to offer. Whether you are a once a month, once a week, or 165 rounds a year golfer you enjoy the game. Some enjoy the equipment end of the game, swapping clubs every other day (NO NAMES MENTIONED HERE )

You enjoy watching golf on TV, reading golf magazines etc. You are addicted to the greatest game on earth (IMO the greatest game)

So accept the fact you are going to be inconsistent at this game. Hey we’re HACKS Not PROS!

GO OUT; TEE IT UP WITH FRIENDS, OR STRANGERS.
    ENJOY THE GAME FOR WHAT IT OFFERS TO YOU.

The above opinion might not be acceptable by some members of this forum. However after playing this great game for 24 years those are my thoughts and I am sticking to them

My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    GO OUT; TEE IT UP WITH FRIENDS, OR STRANGERS.
    ENJOY THE GAME FOR WHAT IT OFFERS TO YOU.

The above opinion might not be acceptable by some members of this forum. However after playing this great game for 24 years those are my thoughts and I am sticking to them
    I'm with you on that one, all the way.

Enjoy life (including golf) today, for tomorrow your soul may be required of you.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Even the pros have the sort of score changes that you are having Geoff. I can't imagine what it would be like with your livelihood on the line too, brutal. I have wanted to throw my clubs in the river this year too. (but they cost too flippin much) If it was easy to stay on a level I guess that the pro matches would get really boring.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    At this point of the season, I stop thinking about my total and just re-living the one good hole I had for the round, somehow the beer taste better that way

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    When you factor in our course rating of 68.5, they are significantly over my cap. To keep a 6/7 cap (where mine's been most of the year) at my course you have to shoot rounds near 74-76ish because of the low rating.
    Order up a Double By Pass operation and then come back and watch your index jump Quit whining, man I would be happy to play rounds like that right now and my course has the same rating as yours
    Check these BLISTERING SCORES
    76,83,83,80,82,80,81(that 76 was on Labour Day, I must have been brain dead that morning )
    Three rounds in the 70's since July 26, and one of those was on a course rated close to two stroke higher than my course. I play it maybe once every two years, go figure? I think I am a better road trip golfer than I am a HOMER
    Geoff we all go through rough patches in our summer of golf. A friend of mine has gone from a solid 3.5 to an 8 this summer. He will have one round at 75 and shoot 82 the next day. Like I said in my earlier post. Enjoy the game, take what it offers you and let it go at that. Life is too damn short to worry about a lousy 10 over par!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

4 Iron Ditty_72 is on a distinguished road
    I've had some nice inconsistent scores. Once I started with a double on 1, and a 12 on the par 5 2nd. I'm 9 over through 2 holes. I ended up 9 over on the front. (birdie at 4, bogey at 7). After that 45, I shot 39 with another double on the back. But on the positive side, it was during a skins, so I picked up 6 skins (no carry-overs) and I wasn't even the lowest guy. The guy who shot lowest (82) only won 1 skin. I shot 84 and cleaned up and picked up 6. The last guy shot 89 and picked up 3. The guy shot 82 couldn't believe it. However, to shoot 84 with a 12 is some kind of accomplsihment (especially with 2 doubles as well). I've also had a couple rounds where I've gone 36-44, or 37-44, and even 35-43 or the oppostie- 43-36, stuff like that. If I was more consistent, I'd be lower than a 5 handicap. Last night I actually played a consistent round and shot 76 (38-38).

It'll come... then go again- that's golf.

[QUOTE=Golfbum]Order up a Double By Pass operation and then come back and watch your index jump Quit whining, man I would be happy to play rounds like that right now and my course has the same rating as yours

Amen to that.
    I guess that is why we obsess it about it. The game parallel's life and the journey we all go through. We all go thru our routines side by side each and every day without any thought of those around us who hurt or who are suffering . Often we take so much for granted. It is not until something unfortunate happens in our lives such as illness, or the loss of a loved that we reflect and put it all back into perspective.

With that said, get out there and drive the livin @#$#t outta that sucker.

Bogie Kona Golf is on a distinguished road Kona Golf's Avatar
    How about 54 on the front and 39 on the back (Valley) at Glen Abbey!

Same Guy Same Day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ditty_72

It'll come... then go again- that's golf.
    I said that to my 14 year old son the other day after he 4 putted for a double bogey on a par 3 - "That's golf". He nearly came after me with his putter. Ahh...like father, like son.

Don't understand this stupid game. Finish the front nine a very healthy 7 over par (my actual cap right now). Walking off the ninth green I'm very tempted to get in my car and head home. Say to myself, it can't get any worse and its supposed to rain tomorrow so finish out your round. End up +1 on the back nine for a 78. Stupid game.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    At one of our league tournaments I shot 43 on the front, I was so mad I could chew nails. but I figured I'll just go out on the back 9 and try to win a skin. I had 4 birdies on the back and shot 34, won 2 skins on a tough course and didn't break a club(although I did come pretty close during that front nine) Just shows you that you never know!!!!

Shot 82 on Saturday, 98 on Monday. I went out on Monday thinking I was going to break 80. Started with 3 straight pars then didn't get another one the entire round. Gawd, why do I put myself through this?

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Thanks for the encouragement Dan, but with the move coming up sooner than later and all the club events done for the year it might not be a bad idea to hang'em up and call it a season and start looking forward to next year.

hahahahah your not quitting for the season. I shot a 39 front 9 Sorcier; 1 week late rshot a 69 front 9 of Links O' Tay ... hahaha thats inconsistent. You got a pass bro just go its something to do but quit taking it so personally your a good golfer but your not part of the 100 top in the world. Thats all there is to it and even they have mad issues just look at D. Duval!

P.S we should play M.C sometime this year.... Strictly for fun

Quote Originally Posted by dH
    hahahahah your not quitting for the season. I shot a 39 front 9 Sorcier; 1 week late rshot a 69 front 9 of Links O' Tay ... hahaha thats inconsistent. You got a pass bro just go its something to do but quit taking it so personally your a good golfer but your not part of the 100 top in the world. Thats all there is to it and even they have mad issues just look at D. Duval!

P.S we should play M.C sometime this year.... Strictly for fun
    Thanks for the words dH. Anytime on MC, just lmk.

Thanks for the words dH. Anytime on MC, just lmk.
    GJ, I want to get another round with you at MC as well, maybe with Bugsy if you golf weekends

GJ, I want to get another round with you at MC as well, maybe with Bugsy if you golf weekends
    Rarely, usually quality time with the Ms. We'll see though.

Rarely, usually quality time with the Ms. We'll see though.

Don't understand this stupid game. Finish the front nine a very healthy 7 over par (my actual cap right now). Walking off the ninth green I'm very tempted to get in my car and head home. Say to myself, it can't get any worse and its supposed to rain tomorrow so finish out your round. End up +1 on the back nine for a 78. Stupid game.
    I hear ya.
    Played Camelot Monday(know the course well). Started with a triple. Proceeded to shoot a my worse 9 in 5 yrs of 54 (serious anger).
    Hung in there and shot 40 on the back with an OB on 12. I suck

Somehow I just can't focus when things go wrong.

Thread Information