100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    I have been struggling huge with this problem. My last 4 rounds....76, 91, 81, 90. I am not a happy golfer.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    76 to 91, sheesh, I hope I never get to that point, must be more frustrating than me struggling to beat 90, at least im always in the same range

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    I have just the opposite problem, I'm very consistent but not playing to my ability. Thank God for a good short game cause the rest is hit and miss. My last 15 scores have been 77,75,72,73,76,74,76,72,77,79,75,74,77,78,69...I would gladly shoot an 87 if I could come back with a 66 but alas I'm lame and should be thankful that I can still shoot scores that most people would be glad to suffer with. It's just that at the end of last year my index was 0 and even with my worst 20 scores my index was still 3.5 now that's consistent!!! Well there's always next year.

6 Iron hhk is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213
    I have just the opposite problem, I'm very consistent but not playing to my ability. Thank God for a good short game cause the rest is hit and miss. My last 15 scores have been 77,75,72,73,76,74,76,72,77,79,75,74,77,78,69...I would gladly shoot an 87 if I could come back with a 66 but alas I'm lame and should be thankful that I can still shoot scores that most people would be glad to suffer with. It's just that at the end of last year my index was 0 and even with my worst 20 scores my index was still 3.5 now that's consistent!!! Well there's always next year.
    That noise you hear is the sound of the world's smallest violin. Do you how many golfers would give their left nut just to shoot par? Once?

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhk
    That noise you hear is the sound of the world's smallest violin. Do you how many golfers would give their left nut just to shoot par? Once?

Left nut only? Hell, I would give both of Hackers to shoot par one more time!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    You have just reminded me of something. Last year my scores came down and I was shooting low 90s, very consistantly. At that time I didn't have any woods that I lilked so I used my irons. This year I am using a 7 wood a lot and hit it further and get a bit more in trouble, not bad but not as good as an iron. This usually leaves me around the green needing to chip, which happens to be my biggest weakness. So I guess I had better go back to playing smarter and leaving two full iron or wedge shots, then maybe my scores will go back down. But that would be boring I feel like a guy heading for the woods all the time. so maybe not. Better just improve my short game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick
    76 to 91, sheesh, I hope I never get to that point, must be more frustrating than me struggling to beat 90, at least im always in the same range
    The only reason I continue to play is because I can blame it on playing less then 20 rounds.
    PinShark

Quote Originally Posted by little brit
    I feel like a guy heading for the woods all the time.
    Scuse me???

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    Scuse me???
    Ok then Indio, high handicap guys. For you I would say. Watch those cars.

Quote Originally Posted by little brit
    Ok then Indio, high handicap guys. For you I would say. Watch those cars.

SCUSE me once again! If you are refering to the 7th hole, there were no cars coming!

Hybrid clankoffdatee is on a distinguished road

Analysis Paralysis

My name is Clank and I feel your pain.

Played 4 rounds this week. Everything was working - I was is in my happy place. I was absolutely striping it off the tee ,impact was crisp,trajectory was nice,distance control was ,and putting was solid.I was in the zone where you feel confident scoring well. I played Thursday at one of the tougher courses and scored well so I was really lookin forward to Friday's road trip. My buddies picked me up early ,stopped at Tims and proceeded on our 1 hr or so trip to the course. We arrived at the course just as the fog was lifting off the course in the valley. And then he arrived-Mr @#$%^&*. I proceeded to play my worst round this year.

I need to put Rotella on my cellphone speed_dial.

I don"t get it- it'll drive a man to drink.
    I've taken lessons that improved my game tremendously.
    I've been fitted.
    I've worked on my fitness.
    I practice.
    I play regularly.
    AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!

Tennis anyone?

6 Iron hhk is on a distinguished road
    How about curling?

In curling, you don't all of a sudden start shanking the rocks into the next sheet.

Lately, I'm deadly with the putter and my driver is slicing into the trees. Exactly the opposite of my game earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by hhk
    How about curling?

In curling, you don't all of a sudden start shanking the rocks into the next sheet.
    No, but you can send one long through the house just as easy.
    PinShark

3 Wood lastplace is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark
    I have been struggling huge with this problem. My last 4 rounds....76, 91, 81, 90. I am not a happy golfer.
    I'm in the same boat.

88 (match play)
    92 (Blame in on the beer)
    heres the best 47-35 for a great 82

I'm soooooo consistant.

3 Wood mcnorth is on a distinguished road mcnorth's Avatar
    This morning I hit, I'd say, about 15 - 16 GIR. I didn't two-putt a single one of those. I three putted 18 holes today. Pretty well perfect drives, irons were dialed in as good as I've ever hit them. Chipped it to ten feet every time. Three-putted every single hole, left some ten feet short, fired some five feet past, and burned the edge about 6 or 7 times. Missed two from two feet.

Wait, I guess this belongs in the consistency thread, no?
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I have to be the world's worst 7 handicap. My last few rounds:

80, 80, 80, 84, 81, 84 (my course is a par 70)after going about two weeks not shooting a round over 77/78 or so. Cap has jumped from 6.0 to 6.7 in about a week.

Definately not a happy golfer here. I have my work tourney on Friday, one club event on the 23rd and then I might put the sticks away for the rest of the year. Some of the problems I was fighting earlier in the year have made a reappearance in the last week. This has probably been my most frustrating and least enjoyable season of golf I've ever had.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston

80, 80, 80, 84, 81, 84 (my course is a par 70)after going about two weeks not shooting a round over 77/78 or so. Cap has jumped from 6.0 to 6.7 in about a week.
    What to hell are you whining about Geoffrey? 4 of those 6 rounds aren't all that far over your cap!

When you factor in our course rating of 68.5, they are significantly over my cap. To keep a 6/7 cap (where mine's been most of the year) at my course you have to shoot rounds near 74-76ish because of the low rating.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

When you factor in our course rating of 68.5, they are significantly over my cap. To keep a 6/7 cap (where mine's been most of the year) at my course you have to shoot rounds near 74-76ish because of the low rating.

'Yes Dear' what ever you say!

Right about now I'd kill to shoot a 79. I don't need to be greedy, just want a round back in the 70s. Just to get some confidence back, then who knows where the game could go from there.

But when you get used to playing at a certain level and then all of a sudden you drop very far from that level it is so frustrating. And at the very least it makes you not want to play the game anymore. I don't expect to go out and shoot a 72 everytime, but knowing that I've done it in the past and an nowhere near that level now is depressing. If I go out and strike the ball well but it doesn't go where I'm aimed or goes too far etc, I can deal with that. But when out on the course and I start hitting shots fat/thin/hooks/slices/tops/shanks, the enjoyment of the game is gone. Sorry if some don't agree with my point of view, but that's how I feel and deal with it.

Right about now I'd kill to shoot a 79. I don't need to be greedy, just want a round back in the 70s. Just to get some confidence back, then who knows where the game could go from there.

Well, for most of us 'hackers' after a round of 79 it could only go downhill!

7 Wood dan_670_12 is on a distinguished road dan_670_12's Avatar
    Im also quite inconsestint 77,95,76,89,81,90.

Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    Well, for most of us 'hackers' after a round of 79 it could only go downhill!
    I hear ya, but at one point this year I was actually playing so well that a round above 77 was a bad round. I hope I can find that place again.

"Richard"
    wish I was playing you match play during this bad spell

Definately not a happy golfer here. I have my work tourney on Friday, one club event on the 23rd and then I might put the sticks away for the rest of the year. Some of the problems I was fighting earlier in the year have made a reappearance in the last week. This has probably been my most frustrating and least enjoyable season of golf I've ever had.

Its been on going for about a week and a half now. Anytime you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    wish I was playing you match play during this bad spell

Dick, he would probably still kick your ass on a bad day and we both know it.... nothing personal but his bad day is better than our great days

"Richard"
    yes but he gives me 12-13 strokes a round

yes but he gives me 12-13 strokes a round
    I will repeat, he would still kick our asses!

"Richard"
    blah blah blah, when he is shooting 70's and gives me strokes we are always even after the 18th hole.. if he is shooting 80s... its game over for young jeffery

blah blah blah, when he is shooting 70's and gives me strokes we are always even after the 18th hole.. if he is shooting 80s... its game over for young jeffery

Yup it would be my friend.

Thread Information