CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar

Tiger will own the record books by the time he is 40

For those who had and still have doubts. Tiger will own the record books before he reaches 20 years on the tour. This guy does not seem to quit. He changes his swing. Critics said he would never be as dominant. It’s hard to see a weakness in his game now. He wins three in a row included two majors.

I am just glad I’m living to see this legend play. I will talk about him to my grand children in twenty some years from now.

What a clinic.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    I totally disagree with you!!! It will not be 20 years, it will be 15 years
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

"Richard"
    He will have 18 majors in the next 3 years.. he is at 12 if he wins today... He'll win 3 more next year (PGA, masters, british), then the following year he will win 2 and then 2 more after than. Go tiger

Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    I totally disagree with you!!! It will not be 20 years, it will be 15 years
    I was conservative. 6 majors to go + 1 to beat Jack. Will he break the 20+ major mark???

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Tiger has as 12-15 years left and quite frankly I think the only thing that will stop Tiger IS Tiger - He's has more money than God now. Once he passes Jack he'll have nothing to play for (except maybe the most PGA wins in a career).

"Richard"
    Why does everyone say this? He has nothing to play for??? Tiger is the best golfer in the world, the most recognizable face in the world, filthy rich... when he passes jack.. why wold be stop playing or stop trying? did gretz stop after passing gordie? How about rice? The guy loves being the best, loves winning, wants to destroy the comp... I don't see him quiting or not trying as hard after he passes jack. Tiger will end up with as many majors his body will allow him to get... he most likely wants to get to a number that no other player will ever get to. In my mind that is 22

Seeing as how they are playing in CHI how can I not use jordan as an example. THe guy was easily the greatest basketball plyer to ever play, won 6 titles, still kept coming back. These guys have it in them to be the best, let everyone know the best... kinda like me

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Why does everyone say this? He has nothing to play for??? Tiger is the best golfer in the world, the most recognizable face in the world, filthy rich... when he passes jack.. why wold be stop playing or stop trying? did gretz stop after passing gordie? How about rice? The guy loves being the best, loves winning, wants to destroy the comp... I don't see him quiting or not trying as hard after he passes jack. Tiger will end up with as many majors his body will allow him to get... he most likely wants to get to a number that no other player will ever get to. In my mind that is 22

Seeing as how they are playing in CHI how can I not use jordan as an example. THe guy was easily the greatest basketball plyer to ever play, won 6 titles, still kept coming back. These guys have it in them to be the best, let everyone know the best... kinda like me
    I hope your right "Richard" - I really do. I don't think that the sporting world has ever seen someone as dominating as Tiger and I think it will be a very long time before we see someone as great...if ever!!

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Here are my thoughts on Tiger:

- He is far and away the best golfer in the world and probably the most talented player ever. When he's on, he's incredible... almost a machine.

- I don't like him. I never have. I doubt I ever will.

- His dominance in the majors has pretty much ruined my enjoyment of watching the game. If he's anywhere near the lead going into the weekend... in my mind, the tournament's over. I only watch to see if he might screw up severely which, of course, he never does.

- I wish I did like him. It would be less depressing watching televised golf.

MJF

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Yesterday was the best televised golf I have seen in a long time. Sometimes it's not about the win, but it's about the play. Competition is everything. No competition, no excitement.

"Richard"
    I'm kinda like donny... I can go both ways...

Yes, he is already the greatest golfer ever to live but I am on the fence about him being the greatest in all sports as you stated. You'd have to compare him to gretz, joradan and so on.

Edit: back on topic

Yep. Off topic. Start a new thread.

"Richard"
    Dan, I didn't get to watch yesterday but for the frirst the rounds all I heard was "no going live to tigers shot" and then "monents ago, blahblah for eagle" I mean, tigers live shot over somenoes eagle shot when there are 22 guys within 2 strokes of the lead? He is one of my favs but I'm getting sick of him on TV all the time.

You should have watched yesterday. Less Tiger. More others in the hunt. Great coverage. The lads were knocking down the pins!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Dan, I didn't get to watch yesterday but for the frirst the rounds all I heard was "no going live to tigers shot" and then "monents ago, blahblah for eagle" I mean, tigers live shot over somenoes eagle shot when there are 22 guys within 2 strokes of the lead? He is one of my favs but I'm getting sick of him on TV all the time.
    I’m not. He pulls off incredible shots. His recovery and scrambling abilities are mind blowing.

Mike

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    You should have watched yesterday. Less Tiger. More others in the hunt. Great coverage. The lads were knocking down the pins!
    I have to agree, a great day of tv coverage. One of the best in a long time.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

"Richard"
    ah man, I missed it! I guess its understandable for the first two days, that was an allstar 3some

Mike was on fire. To bad he was not paired with TW today as a co-leader.

Mike

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Yesterday was the best televised golf I have seen in a long time. Sometimes it's not about the win, but it's about the play. Competition is everything. No competition, no excitement.
    Agreed. It was excellent, right up until Tiger finished tied for the lead and I said to myself, "It's over".

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Mike was on fire. To bad he was not paired with TW today as a co-leader.
    Given his record in Sunday rounds I'm glad to see he didn't make the final pairing w/ Woods .... he seems to have enough trouble w/ pressure as it is, and although I am rooting for Tiger and not much of a Weir fan I still don't like to see him blow up on Sundays...not being in the final group should help him a little.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Thread Information