CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack
    Ok, i'll take your word for it, but i see no yellow on that dawg.
    Here it is 3Jack. This is from the 3rd round. I borrowed the pic from Getty Images.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    WOW, they are showing 8 hours of PGA Champ on TSN today! 11:00 to 07:00 Glad its raining!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    My hi-lite so far is Mike's incredible reaction after that bunker shot on 15 over the trees to 2'. He looked he just sh#t his pants with that laugh & the "oh-my-god, did I just do that" expression.

Almost worth getting rained-out today to sit & veg on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by faldo
    Almost worth getting rained-out today to sit & veg on the couch.

Almost?

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Oops, you're right. NEVER GOOD news but just finishing holidays so 12 rounds in over the last two weeks. Will admit to a tensy-little-tired

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    Here it is 3Jack. This is from the 3rd round. I borrowed the pic from Getty Images.
    Cool. Thanks fella!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Anybody else catch this 'GEM'? Vern Lunquist was interviewing the president of the PGA of America and they were talking about how the game had improved and how young people, ladies and minorities were getting into the great game of golf. They finish off the interviw and Lunquist gives the final 3 pairing and for Woods/Donald he say and it is a few hours yet tilee they hit their first shot in 'Anger'

I just found that so ironic talking about the wonder game, how the players were such gentlemen/ladies how it teaches children truth, trust and honesty, then he follows it up with that comment!

"Richard"
    Wier is doing really well, keep it up buddy. Tiger is well on his way to his second major of the season, and 12th of his career. How come they don't count Us amateurs as majors? they used to count them for jones did they not? also for jack when they put him at 20... woods won 3? 4?

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Looks like Weir is hooping it up in true Weir fashion. Donald isn't playing well either. Tiger is playing well, but the players around him are doing him quite a few favours.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    The trophy engraver has already engraved the trophy with Tiger's name on it and has left Medinah. I don't care who wins, but I want some suspense!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

3 Wood mcnorth is on a distinguished road mcnorth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Wier is doing really well, keep it up buddy. Tiger is well on his way to his second major of the season, and 12th of his career. How come they don't count Us amateurs as majors? they used to count them for jones did they not? also for jack when they put him at 20... woods won 3? 4?
    From Wilkepedia:
    Alternative ranking including amateur majors

Before the professional game acquired its modern dominance, the British Amateur and the U.S. Amateur were regarded as majors. If wins in these tournaments up to this day are included, there are four men with ten or more major titles: Jack Nicklaus 20; Tiger Woods 14; Bobby Jones 13; Walter Hagen 11.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Golf Nut pvs1313 is on a distinguished road pvs1313's Avatar
    I have to say i totally agree with you. problem is, it sure was tigers 12th voctory, tiger makes it vbery hard to show others as he really does so many outstanding things, while the rest of the field just doen;t play up to him.

mike proved it again, fell apart at the end.

sergio tried , but not enough, and luke, well we all saw his round right

3 Wood mcnorth is on a distinguished road mcnorth's Avatar
    What I'd like to see is the Golf Channel go to a PPV style ala Nascar. We all know Tiger brings in the ratings so we're stuck watching every blink he has all day on the network channel - and it'll be pretty much the same in 2007 with the Golf Channel. What Nascar has done is gone to the "Nascar in Car" where you can flip to five or six different driver's car. Because every hole already has the cameras set-up we would be able to purchase the option to watch any one of the top ten plus the notables in the field for their round of 18. It would be great to be able to flip between golfers to watch the action at the different holes. Even with the static set-up with the cameras limiting the shots I'd much rather watch something like that than one or two golfers all day.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I love the way Tiger just walks off the green before his playing partner has even finished putting , top class right there ! He's good , that we know , but have some respect for your fellow pga players , you cocky little...
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Shagging Balls DavidY is on a distinguished road DavidY's Avatar
    After seeing all the Tiger stuff at the beginning, I hardly watched much of the final round.....why should I even bother. Did anyone see that the guy knock down Tiger's shot along the left side as the ball was heading into the deep rough? It was in the 3rd round if I recall correctly. That's so stupid....Tiger gets a break from a fan....like he really needs it? Hope that they kicked the fan out.....golf doesn't need a deliberate or blatant action like that IMO.

Dave

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    The commentators didn't hand him the trophy the other players did. Its getting really boring watching Tiger dominate tournaments like he does. I am a fan of his golf game and what he can do but it's about time somebody stepped up when he's in the lead or close to it. Guys just crumble like they've never felt pressure before.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    When Tiger got a 3 shot lead, it became boring to watch. Yes, the announcers talk a lot about Tiger, but everything he did today was pretty great.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I find it interesting how the very best at their sport always seem to get a bad rap for things that they have no control over.

Do you think Tiger want the cameras on him for every shot of every round? Do you think that he wants fans to knock his bad shots back in play? And as for the comment about him having no respect for his fellow players PLEASE - Tiger is extreemly gracious but even if he wasn't he's earned the right to be a little cocky as far as I'm concerned.

Tiger isn't alone in this, it was the same with #99 - he's a whimp, he can't skate yada yada yada....it seems to be a fact of human nature that we love to hate the best

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    You picked me up wrong, I think Tiger is superb, with out a doubt the best there is.I think his golf is absolutely amazing , and i do not hate him one bit.
    I think his game, when he gets into the zone, is one of the most brilliant there is.
    But can you remember the last time a golfer playing in his group , walked off the green before tiger finished putting ?Maybe they were just waiting to see... or hoping he missed his putt. Or maybe the had the courteousy to wait till he finished ?
    That's all , I'm glad he won , he deserved it for sure . The man's a star , just needs to work on is manners a bit.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Maybe his security crew were rushing him abit. Back in 2000 Bell Open, his 6 man security group went a head too far to clear his path to the next tee, leaving Tiger walking alone. With his head down on his score card, a couple of us including yours truly gave the cat a love tap on his shoulder...

What a horrible day to be on the road driving to TO, a couple of accidents on the 401 got us missed the final round. Actually only saw Mikey incredible Saturday highlights all of the 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by pvs1313
    I have to say i totally agree with you. problem is, it sure was tigers 12th voctory, tiger makes it vbery hard to show others as he really does so many outstanding things, while the rest of the field just doen;t play up to him.

mike proved it again, fell apart at the end.

sergio tried , but not enough, and luke, well we all saw his round right
    At least Weir was trying to make things happen... perhaps a trying a bit too hard, but he was going for pins that one might not normally go after, but he knew Tiger wasn't coming back to the pack, he had to go get him. You can't blame a guy for trying. Weir ended up short siding himself a couple of times and leaving it in a couple of bunkers with little green to work with. To me that's not falling apart. Falling apart is what he did in 1999.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack
    At least Weir was trying to make things happen... .
    I agree. He was the only one who had a chance, and he did everything he could. It just wasn't there for him yesterday like it had been on Saturday.

After he finished the 10th, and was at -15, he was within 3 shots of Tiger. He knew he had to make more birdies. If he had been trying to make pars, I expect he could have finished around -15 or -16, but I'm sure he knew that wasn't going to win.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster
    You picked me up wrong....
    Hey Wilster - sorry if I came off as shooting at you, that wasn't my intention, although I am surprized that you feel Tiger isn't well mannered.

My main point is that we all seem to love to hate a winner take the NY Yankees for example people either Love them or HATE them - personally I can't stand them because George just tries to buy the Championship every year, BUT it isn't the players fault I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkshooter
    I agree. He was the only one who had a chance, and he did everything he could. It just wasn't there for him yesterday like it had been on Saturday.

After he finished the 10th, and was at -15, he was within 3 shots of Tiger. He knew he had to make more birdies. If he had been trying to make pars, I expect he could have finished around -15 or -16, but I'm sure he knew that wasn't going to win.
    Exactamundo.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    as mike said, he wasn't playing for 2nd, he wanted to win. he had to push to make some birdies and sometimes it goes the other way.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    The commentators didn't hand him the trophy the other players did. Its getting really boring watching Tiger dominate tournaments like he does. I am a fan of his golf game and what he can do but it's about time somebody stepped up when he's in the lead or close to it. Guys just crumble like they've never felt pressure before.
    Ditto.
    It's crazy the way these guys fall by the wayside when Tiger is leading. Pathetic really. This tournament was a total YAWN on Sunday.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    Ditto.
    It's crazy the way these guys fall by the wayside when Tiger is leading. Pathetic really. This tournament was a total YAWN on Sunday.
    I was there and no one there thought it was a yawn. They were not falling it's a tough course when you HAVE to make birdies. Tiger is just better than anyone else.

And seeing him live is the icing on the cake. I watched the Tiger Donald group up close. They're two different golfers. The ball sounds different off tigers clubs. The ball flys higher, longer and lands softer. He's more focused and deliberate. and he drained 2 40 footers. That helps. Donalds putting went south.

If you look at the score cards everyone had an avg round at medinah and a great round. Tiger was the only one to do it all 4 days.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    as with any sport, being there live is 100 times better than watching it on TV. Heck you can watch every week on TV but you might get to see one live event if you're lucky and get all caught up in the aura of the event (and even more so if its a major).

That being said, it was boring TV and domination by Tiger is not good for golf. Right now, he's back to the point where he is dominating so much, everyone else is playing for second. Saturday's round was 10x better to watch than sundays.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    I was there and no one there thought it was a yawn.
    I watched it on TV and thought it was a total bore, which it was.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    I watched it on TV and thought it was a total bore, which it was.
    Depends on your point of view from the couch where you can't appreciate the kinds of shots he was hitting it's a bore. From 20 feet bhind him you're amazed at the display of skill and precision. Saturday was an awesome day with tons of guys making moves on the leader board is was exciting to be there. They were renting these Dell Axiom's with a wireless connection giving you updates and the leader board at your finger tips. We saw weir, micheel, donald, Herron, dimarco, etc making moves it was very exciting and we were jazzed about Sunday. But once reality set in and people started realizing. just how good he was playing any dissapointment turned into general excitement for

1) being part of history and 2) witnessing the level of golf being played over 4 days. Just incredible. 3 Three. THREE bogeys in 72 holes of golf!!!!! I guess you have to be a golfer to appreciate that.

Thread Information