CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello All

Pitching Wedge LHSteve is on a distinguished road LHSteve's Avatar

Hello All

I have recently returned to viewing this web site to keep up with the golf world in Ottawa. I moved from Ottawa to London On. and must say I enjoy the few extra weeks of golf down here. Was a member at Greyhawk in Ottawa and was able to transfer my membership to Greenhills in London. Still miss some of the courses up there but I get back to play a couple of times a year.

I look forward to greater participation in the discussion forums.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Welcome Back Steve

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Welcome to the forum Steve. Enjoy your time here. Its a great way to chat and read about everything golf. And some things not golf related (Indio and braille).
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Steve Great bunch of people in here, you should enjoy it!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

7 Wood bugsy is on a distinguished road bugsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LHSteve
    I have recently returned to viewing this web site to keep up with the golf world in Ottawa. I moved from Ottawa to London On. and must say I enjoy the few extra weeks of golf down here. Was a member at Greyhawk in Ottawa and was able to transfer my membership to Greenhills in London. Still miss some of the courses up there but I get back to play a couple of times a year.

Welcome, sure you'll have a great time, just watch out for Indio

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    You have not met "Richard" yet?????
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac
    You have not met "Richard" yet?????
    I'm still waiting to meet that boy...heard he's a riot

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Hi Steve, welcome to my neighbourhood! I am in St Thomas, just down the road from London.
    Hey how do you like that little creek that runs through Greenhills and floods that course everytime there is a lot of rain? Man I have seen pictures of young guys in canoes on that course I have played it a couple of times and enjoyed it.

I play out at Westminster Trails, home of the 30 MPH Winds! Gotta learn to hit em low out there!

Enjoy the forum, maybe we'll bump into each other. If you are ever in the mood to shop for golf equipment come down and visit Fore Golfers Only just outside St Thomas. It is an amazing store!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGolfer
    I'm still waiting to meet that boy...heard he's a riot

Actually I think what you heard was that 'He causes Riots' !!!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

"Hey how do you like that little creek that runs through Greenhills and floods that course everytime there is a lot of rain? Man I have seen pictures of young guys in canoes on that course I have played it a couple of times and enjoyed it. "

Yes, the course was actually closed for three days the Civic Holiday weekend. The huge rainstorm we got here flooded the course again. On hole number ten beside the creek the water was up four feet almost to the top of the ball washer at the tee-off.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    "Hey how do you like that little creek that runs through Greenhills and floods that course everytime there is a lot of rain? Man I have seen pictures of young guys in canoes on that course I have played it a couple of times and enjoyed it. "

Yes, the course was actually closed for three days the Civic Holiday weekend. The huge rainstorm we got here flooded the course again. On hole number ten beside the creek the water was up four feet almost to the top of the ball washer at the tee-off.
    I heard the water was over the ball washer on one hole! The Mighty Dingman Creek strikes again It will strike often too. I think last year that course lost 8-10 days of golf in mid summer due to flooding. Too bad, decent course. I honestly do not feel it is worth the price Club Links wants to join it but that is my opinion. Union is a better course for about the same amount of money.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    I heard the water was over the ball washer on one hole! The Mighty Dingman Creek strikes again It will strike often too. I think last year that course lost 8-10 days of golf in mid summer due to flooding. Too bad, decent course. I honestly do not feel it is worth the price Club Links wants to join it but that is my opinion. Union is a better course for about the same amount of money.
    It was actually the year before it was closed for almost two weeks following the rain storm. That was when the famous picture showed up in Score Golf magazine of the fellow in the boat at the 13th green.
    I agree the course is not worthy of Clublink designation and this year they made it gold level. It would not have been my choice of club to join but having already joined in Ottawa it was the only option without losing my initiation. Besides I have many courses in Toronto I take advantage of regularily.

Thread Information