I know I have had this on a thread before. However I have had a couple of members inquire about doing this so I thought I would just post it again. Copy it and save it and you'll be good to go in the future!

I am taking business away from myself, but that's ok. I would prefer to save members money.

Think of the colours you could use to PIMP your driver I know Geoff has that
PINK SHAFT in his driver, I can forsee a PINK CLUBHEAD.

PAINTING CLUB HEADS
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
1. Mask off any areas of the club that will not be painted. I use 3M masking tape (Cause I get it free from work!) and a small sharp exacto knife to get the lines along the club face exact to the original paint job.<o:p></o:p>
Also tape off the ferule and part way up the shaft so no paint overspray gets on those areas.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
2. Now if you have access to a sand blaster then great, I use the one at work (Thank You Mr Ford <o:p></o:p>
However you can also sand off the old paint, in your case if the mark is too the metal you have to sand the entire area of that clubhead down to the metal. Use 200 grit to remove the paint, then go over it again with 400 grit. That way you will not see any sanding lines once you repaint it.<o:p></o:p>
3. Wipe off the club head with a clean cloth to remove any dust. Be careful not to touch it with your fingers as human oiland paint do not mix!<o:p></o:p>
4. Use a quality automotive prime spray paint and lightly dust the clubhead. This is not for rust protection, this is allows the paint to adhere better.<o:p></o:p>
5. Now use a quality auotmotive spray paint, (you decide which colour, hey pimp it and paint it bright yellow or red !! ) Lightly coat the club head with the paint. Then allow it to dry. Paint it again, with a light coat of paint. By now if should have enough paint to cover it properly. Allow it to dry, then check to make sure it is properly coated with paint.<o:p></o:p>
6. Use a quality automotive air dry clear coat to put the finish on the clubhead. Again, lightly spray it, this prevents sags. Let it dry. Do it once more, let it dry. You will know if you have enough clear coat on as it will have a nice glossy finish once it is dry. If it looks dull then you need to apply one more coat of clear coat.

7. After allowing the clubhead to dry overnight you can remove the tape. Now you should have a nice looking club head, the dummy mark is gone!
That's all there is too it. Use Air Dry paints, good quality paint produces a better job.<o:p></o:p>
I have painted club heads at work using the cup guns which use air to spray, and then baked them. I have done club heads at home using paint from Canadian Tire, and they looked fine too. <o:p></o:p>