100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vieux Moulins

Putter Laurie is on a distinguished road

Vieux Moulins

What can I expect, playing tomorrow, haven't been since last year.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    ...700 yard drives

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    Rock solid fairway making your ball bounce an extra 30 yards, fairway are still in OK condition. Nice green, they were normal speed last time I played.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Winter rules for sure, find grass to hit your ball but the greens and around them are pretty good. The fairways are hard and on a few greens it is better to land short and let the ball run up the greens (2, 4, 10, 12) I took a couple of clubs less almost every hole.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Building houses on/near the course so a lot of dust.

They have also rearranged the nines. Now you play 1, 2, 3, 4 then play 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 as the new 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Start the back 9 as usual but now the old 5 is 14 then play 6, 7, 8 and 9 as the new 15, 16, 17 and 18.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill
    Building houses on/near the course so a lot of dust.

They have also rearranged the nines. Now you play 1, 2, 3, 4 then play 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 as the new 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Start the back 9 as usual but now the old 5 is 14 then play 6, 7, 8 and 9 as the new 15, 16, 17 and 18.
    I wonder what precipitated this change. I had heard about the shuffle earlier in the year and finally got to play a couple of weeks ago. The par 37/par 34 layout makes no sense to me at all... and I kind of liked the old 16-18 as finishing holes, more so than what they have now.

If they had to change holes due to construction, I'd understand... but re-routing just for the sake of it - if that is what they did - I just can't fathom...

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmason31
    I wonder what precipitated this change. I had heard about the shuffle earlier in the year and finally got to play a couple of weeks ago. The par 37/par 34 layout makes no sense to me at all... and I kind of liked the old 16-18 as finishing holes, more so than what they have now.

If they had to change holes due to construction, I'd understand... but re-routing just for the sake of it - if that is what they did - I just can't fathom...
    They did do it for construction, they are going to be building houses right up the middle of the course between the 3rd and 4th fairways on one side and the new 15th and 16th on the other side (old 6th, 7th). In the pro shop they had diagrams of the proposed buling plan and the gap between the old 4th and 5th will not exist anymore, hence the reshuffling of holes. I spoke to the guy in the pro-shop and he was worried that a lot of the houses will be hit by errant golf balls.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie
    What can I expect, playing tomorrow, haven't been since last year.

Glad to see you are up to post #2 Let us know how your game went Laurie
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

9 Iron r2g2 is on a distinguished road

Great layout

I love the layout of this course. Picturesque and playable. Hopefully they can invest into improving the conditions though. I played there about a month ago but don't plan to go back again this season.
    [COLOR=Blue]Rob [/COLOR]

Thread Information