100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    The poles and wires that you mention on hole #15 are not part of the golf course (they are not through the green). You have made the correct interpretation.

Anyone who has played Base Playdowns or Canadian Forces Regionals should be able to tell you that.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag
    Anyone who has played Base Playdowns or Canadian Forces Regionals should be able to tell you that.
    I have done both of the above, and honestly never remember it being an issue in playdowns or regionals. Maybe I slept through that part of the rules briefing

Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    On the other hand, if a player's ball flight is such that it might have flown back into play, they should not be punished.
    Just to clarify, if a ball is on such a flight as to strike one of these particular poles/lines (on hole 15), there's no way it would come back inbounds had the pole/wire not been there. Unless it took the freakiest of bounces off some hidden rock in the bushes or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Tanglegrip
    I am making an assumption that the local rule only applies to obstructions within the confines of the course itself unless the rule is more specific.
    And herein lies the problem - the local rule is open to assumption. We both assume the same thing, btw.

Does anyone know if there is any documentation stating that rules - be they official or local may only apply within the confines of the golf course, or something to that effect? I've been looking everywhere.

P.S. This is what happens when your course can't afford to hire a CPGA Pro...

Thread Information