100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Your welcome Tanglegrip, give me a call anytime!!!

Richard seems you are a big part of the entertainment here, and you sound like a fun person. The way I view this forum is that people write what they want, and people read what they want......nobody has to keep reading if they chose not to, they just click onto something else!!!! People should not take offense or be offended because a bunch of friends are having harmless fun and laughing about it.
    Laughter is a great stress reliever in itself!!!!!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Thankfully I lost all 5 balls off the tee today that I drew lines on

ROFLMAO, can't blame the Belly Putter or lines on that ! Good luck on the next game bud...... its how it goes sometimes!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    ROFLMAO, can't blame the Belly Putter or lines on that ! Good luck on the next game bud...... its how it goes sometimes!
    Thats how it goes for me all the time

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    I do understand your dilema though. Somebody told me to use a line or mark on my ball to help me putt. Yeah well that helps, but now I can't putt without lining the ball up, and I feel retarted sometimes just having to line the ball up everytime I putt. Just ask Tanglegrip, he watched me putt!!!!

"Richard"
    kerisb, I know I laugh reading the posts on this forum, everyone making fun of geoff and his hoing ways. Its just all in good fun and its to bad there are people like DB who take it to seriously but what can you do. They can say whatever they want just like the rest of us (as long as its within the forum rules).

Indio, I line up my tee shots as well and because the lines were curved the balls sliced

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Indio, I line up my tee shots as well and because the lines were curved the balls sliced

Well, get your eyes checked or find a new method 'Dick' cause it just ain't workin for ya...... witness the 0 - 2
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Indio, I line up my tee shots as well and because the lines were curved the balls sliced [/quote]

How the .... do you do that....... oh never mind if you tell me I might try it then I wouldn't be able to drive without the line either!!!!

1 Iron Tanglegrip is on a distinguished road Tanglegrip's Avatar
    [QUOTE="RichardIndio, I line up my tee shots as well and because the lines were curved the balls sliced [/QUOTE]
    ROTFLMAO. "Richard", Physics major you're not! Well maybe you are too, I don't think anything you do should surprise us but I'm relatively positive that the line doesn't make the ball slice.

Try the paper towel tube. Just cut about a 1 inch strip and keep it in your bag. Maybe you could do a flashy version, paint them different colours and sell them for $4.99 each. There has to be a market out there!

Oh oh, must file patent application before "Richard".

Kerisb, you putt just fine, I don't think that the 20 footer from off the green was a fluke. I figure if you can do it once you can do it again, well at least if the golf gods don't have it in for you that day.

And I always line up the lettering on my ball for my putts, every little bit helps.

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanglegrip
    ROTFLMAO. "Richard", Physics major you're not! Well maybe you are too, I don't think anything you do should surprise us but I'm relatively positive that the line doesn't make the ball slice.

Try the paper towel tube. Just cut about a 1 inch strip and keep it in your bag. Maybe you could do a flashy version, paint them different colours and sell them for $4.99 each. There has to be a market out there!

Oh oh, must file patent application before "Richard".
    If the line is pointing to the tee and you hit a good shot it will go straight, but if the line is pointing to the left and you hit the same shot.. the ball will draw, to the right.. the ball will fade. Now, if the line itself is curved this will just exagerate the draw for a hook and a fade for a slice. Its because the weight of the ink and it covering the dimples with ink so air doesn't pass over them as smoothly. Lets say you have a ball that has a line on that that isn't straight but more left to right curving... there is more weight on the right side of the ball than on the left. Now if you turn that ball to the right, there is even more weight on the right side of the ball. ALso, the dimples going left to right are filled with ink (if you used a felt tipped marker). Now, think about the R7, if the weights are on the left side of the driver that causes a draw, right side causes a fade. Same as the ball. Now, it may not sound like much, the weight of the ink used to make one line... but considering how light a ball is, how fast the ball is traveling... it does add atleast 100rpm + of side spin. SO why don't the pros do this? because they need need to draw the tee shot but after that where the ball lands, where it is pointing ect. is o much to deal with so they just use the swing instead of the bal to work the ball

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    Don't preach to me about Canada. People like me, before me and after me are the reason why you have that freedom. Just because people chose to abuse their freedom doesn't make it right. It's called Ottawagolf for a reason and there is an anything thread topic to post stupid stuff in, half the site doesn't have to be taken up by this crap. And by the numerous PM's I have received with people agreeing with me, I know I am not the only one. But I give up, I have blocked a few repeat offenders and hope other will speak out because sometimes it is a bit over board.

I doubt he has recieved any PMs at all. ponk ponk ponk

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Their are far worse "abuses" of free speech than a guy asking how to draw a line on a golf ball. I have all the respect in the world for the military, but nobody has the right to tell anybody what they can or cannot say (whether you had a hand in securing that freedom or not) - that is the entire point of free speech.

"Richard", technically you might (stress might) be correct in a microcosmic sense. Now the however, I had my new R7 425 set-up for draw, nothing, Set it up for more draw, still nothing. Set for neutral (low), straight as an arrow sometimes, othertimes slight draw or fade. But still knocking the snot out of the ball today - yahoo!

Given the weight of the golf ball versus the weight of the ink, and the speed of your swing, and how you can knock the cover off of it, I just can't imagine how 1 microgram of ink can do this to your ball!!!!

It's all in your head man! (And I don't want to go there!).

Just about forgot, I hit one today that started out left, faded right, wobbled a bit then ended up drawing. I think that you mentioned this in a previous post, never thought that I would see it.

3 Wood mcnorth is on a distinguished road mcnorth's Avatar
    A lot of this has to do with what people want out of their message board.

This board, when I originally started lurking/posting, was very, very straight. The purpose was golf and the tone was pretty serious aside from the occasional laugh at ourselves about spending too much money on the game. Now threads are starting to go off in different directions, not hijacked so much as becoming more conversational in tone.
    I personally prefer the latter because it leads to a sense of comaraderie and fun. The site was terrific before but it was all business basically. A big part of golf is socializing - what this site was missing, for me at least, was the feeling after the round. We had all the equipment, course, and instruction posts covered but its nice to inject some levity as well.

Avoid posts, and posters, you just aren't interested in. There's plenty here for any and every golf nut. If you don't feel like responding to the 100th question from a newbie about shaft flex - don't, if you don't want to argue about the Sens vs the Leafs - don't, and if you don't care to swap war stories - don't. This site is much, much better when the membership is diverse and their experiences varied.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

"Richard"
    Haha, I was just fooling around man. Seeing if anyone would buy what I was selling Just wanted to give DB some light reading

Quote Originally Posted by Tanglegrip
    "Richard", technically you might (stress might) be correct in a microcosmic sense. Now the however, I had my new R7 425 set-up for draw, nothing, Set it up for more draw, still nothing. Set for neutral (low), straight as an arrow sometimes, othertimes slight draw or fade. But still knocking the snot out of the ball today - yahoo!

Given the weight of the golf ball versus the weight of the ink, and the speed of your swing, and how you can knock the cover off of it, I just can't imagine how 1 microgram of ink can do this to your ball!!!!

It's all in your head man! (And I don't want to go there!).

Just about forgot, I hit one today that started out left, faded right, wobbled a bit then ended up drawing. I think that you mentioned this in a previous post, never thought that I would see it.

But I'm serious about the left, right, wobble, left thing! Maybe it's the TG I put on for a mark?

Certainly can't be my cross handed grip!

Sand Wedge Birdman is on a distinguished road

Thumbs down

Used to enjoy this website, think it is ridiculous now. To many dumb stories.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    "Richard" if your having trouble with a straight line--my wife says put an ARROW on your ball then it will be sure to go in the right direction--she says it works for her!!!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Birdman that is the worst post i've ever read on this forum. If you don't like what goes on here then take off brother.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I'm loving the banter going on here and I totally with the comment about noone is forcing anyone to read any of this........getting back on topic for a second

Jjust get yourself a thick rubber band that is 1/4 - 1/2 inch wide.

Put it around the ball and pinch it tight with the thumb and forefinger of the hand that you are holding it with.

Grab your sharpie of choice with the other hand, trace the rubber band and Voila!! You're golden

I LOVED MacGyver so I always carry rubber bands

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnorth
    Could you make a straight line through the letters on the golf ball?
    Yes I sure can, in fact I just tried it right now, looks fine to me.
    I could care less if I have an ink line on my ball, there is enough print on most balls to use in lining up a putt.
    "Richard" just needs steadier hands! Young guy like him should be steady as a rock
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac
    Why does "richard" need another line on his ball----I thought most range balls already came with lines---
    Now that is hilarious.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    I have got to keep coming to Canada to forum outings until I get to meet both Richard and Indio, it is my lifes' passion. Plus maybe get to play a round with Golfbum and or BCMist, that would be too cool!!!

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213
    I have got to keep coming to Canada to forum outings until I get to meet both Richard and Indio, it is my lifes' passion. Plus maybe get to play a round with Golfbum and or BCMist, that would be too cool!!!
    The thing is that BC and Golfbum are about 6-7 hours apart.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    The thing is that BC and Golfbum are about 6-7 hours apart.
    ....O.K. that's a little cold water on that idea so maybe I'll visit them one at a time and play their home courses with them my treat. That's if I would get invited of course. It's just a little wish list of mine to play some rounds with older gentleman that can hit the ball well and probably would enjoy my company as I know I would enjoy theirs.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker
    Jjust get yourself a thick rubber band that is 1/4 - 1/2 inch wide.

Put it around the ball and pinch it tight with the thumb and forefinger of the hand that you are holding it with.
    Grab your sharpie of choice with the other hand, trace the rubber band and Voila!!
    ...and that completes Hackers home neutering instructions

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker
    I LOVED MacGyver so I always carry rubber bands
    Patty? Zelma ?

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    ...and that completes Hackers home neutering instructions
    BURN!!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    We would love to have you at the September Forum Golf Day--(Sept30)--maybe you could pick up Golfbum on your way up--just a thought--I am 61--I will play with you--I am an "old" gentleman--at least that is what my wife says--I say she is lying!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213
    ....O.K. that's a little cold water on that idea so maybe I'll visit them one at a time and play their home courses with them my treat. That's if I would get invited of course. It's just a little wish list of mine to play some rounds with older gentleman that can hit the ball well and probably would enjoy my company as I know I would enjoy theirs.
    I was telling Dan the other day that I had planned in the back of my mind to come to Ottawa this summer. I have never been there and thought it would be nice to visit our Nations Capital. Also planned on playing at least one round of golf there with Dan and Geoff and whoever else wanted to join in.
    Then a little issue called a heart attack sidelined me, then a by pass sidelined me even longer But maybe next year if the time is right I will make the trek. Ottawa would be at least a 7 hour drive from here as I am south of London. Might take longer, never driven there!

As for playing with older guys who hit the ball well, uhhhhhhhhhh we might want to wait until next year for me! My index has risen from 7 to 11 (hey like the corner store ) since I started playing after the DBP. Now I am not making excuses, but....................... Finally starting to hit it solid, had a decent round today at +9 which included two brain dead double boogies. Slowly the game comes back.

I honestly would enjoy meeting and playing golf with guys from this forum. Everyone here seems to be relaxed and easy going (OK "RICHARD" might be the exception to that rule ) Unlike another forum I frequent where arguements seem to flair up constantly, this forum is more laid back. To me this indicates the people here are the same way.

So hang in there boys, maybe next year the old guy will make the drive down the 401 to Ottawa to kick some Capital Butts Yes "RICHARD" you can join us, but leave that damn belly putter at home!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Thread Information