100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Richard"

HELP!!! How do you make a line on your ball??

ok I've left my line making took at home. Does anyone know a way to make a line on the ball without one of those plastic molds you buy t golftown for $9.95? Maybe the mouth of a big gatorade bottle? What would fit a golf ball so that 1/2 was still exposed and I could make a line right in the centre of it?? I can't play golf without a line on my ball and no I can't do it free hand and I can't use the letters on the ball. PS thanks in advance

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Just put the mark on freehand, right over the small logo or whatever is on the ball. Young punk like you should have steady enough hands! Old guys like myself can do it, surely you can handle that!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

3 Wood mcnorth is on a distinguished road mcnorth's Avatar
    Could you make a straight line through the letters on the golf ball?
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

"Richard"
    I think I maybe retarded... I did one and I wish I had a camera so I could take a picture of it.. its horrible!!! hahaha I'm a very neat person, i need the line to be perfect!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I think I maybe retarded...
    Must not comment...
    Need strength...
    The temptation is strong...
    Resistance is difficult...
    nah...
    I have great willpower.

"Richard"
    haha, Dan I dont' know why but I've been wondering this for a while..what would happen if a guy signed up for the site and his name was DON KILBANK and he used the ottawa golf logo as his avitar? Would you make him change his name... if that was his actual name? I know you are all about free speach and all but what would happen? I mean if its his name he would have a right to use it, but at the same time... that might cause a lot of confusion as people reading posts might think its you... how would you deal with it?

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    haha, Dan I dont' know why but I've been wondering this for a while..what would happen if a guy signed up for the site and his name was DON KILBANK and he used the ottawa golf logo as his avitar? Would you make him change his name... if that was his actual name? I know you are all about free speach and all but what would happen? I mean if its his name he would have a right to use it, but at the same time... that might cause a lot of confusion as people reading posts might think its you... how would you deal with it?

Dan, please make sure there are real GOOD thotho filters in the new version. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    haha, Dan I dont' know why but I've been wondering this for a while..what would happen if a guy signed up for the site and his name was DON KILBANK how would you deal with it?
    I'd say "Hi dad" and hit him up for some money.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Why does "richard" need another line on his ball----I thought most range balls already came with lines---
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar

line your ball...

I have a shaky hand without my betablockers... I use an inverted beer or pop bottle cap (you may need a dime as a shim) on a table top, Press the marker on the cap.... and turn the ball on the table with your best hand.... If it does not work... set the ball on an another beer cap.... The line should be straight!
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Don't they sell line marking templates at Golftown?

I can see it now, 'Dick' has about 20 forum members running around the house trying various jugs, jars, bottles and things to try and help him out while he is sitting in his livingroom with his $9.95 Golf Town ball marker, marking the 1000 or so balles he recently purchased

1 Iron Tanglegrip is on a distinguished road Tanglegrip's Avatar

Handy Alternative

Cardboard tube from a roll of paper towels fits well, just push the ball down until it's snug, draw the line around it.

If you're desperate a toilet paper roll is the same size and can be found in most establishments

Use the residential ones---not the industry standards found in most washrooms

"Richard"
    EDIT:

This was easily my worst putting performance ever! I'm selling this stupid belly putter
    Last edited by "Richard"; 08-13-2006 at 09:47 PM.

Like I said before--"this forum can be as good as the old comic strips"

Richard---GOOD ONE--gotta love it!

EDIT:

This was easily my worst putting performance ever! I'm selling this stupid belly putter

LOL 'Dickey' does this mean the PGA can now outlaw them there things?

"Richard"
    yes they can outlaw them. I have no control on long putts and if I'm lining up the putt anyway why do I need to use a belly mallet putter?? just follow the line? This putter is a piece of crap! Its almost as bad as the phone dbleber gave me! (gave me... not sold me)

Block "Richard"? Why would we do that. I need to be prepared just in case I'm on the same course. Played MC a couple a groups Behind "Richard" and Geoff and I came prepared with paper towels to clean the peanut butter from the bottom of the cups, just in case.

Must have been a good day for "Richard", or Geoff kept him on a short leash because there wasn't nary a peanut butter smear on the whole course. Thanks Geoff!

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    Maybe I should chill a bit, but this use to be the best place on the net to talk about golf with local guys. Now half the time you have stupid threads being made on on things that a monkey with his head up his ass could figure out. I know a lot of you find in "funny" or "amusing" but I'm sure that there are a number of us, like me that find it annoying and wish most of you would just go to a chat room and leave this place for golf.
    Sorry you feel that way man. i still feel it is the best place on the net and some humor injected into nonsensicl threads never hurt anyone. If the forum wishes for 'us annoying members' to go away all they have to do is say so and I will gladly pack my bags ang find some other place. But until that happens, i believe we are ALL entitled to post exactly what we feel like posting as long as it falls within the rules of the forum. I believe it is called FREE SPEECH here in Canada.

Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    Sorry you feel that way man. i still feel it is the best place on the net and some humor injected into nonsensicl threads never hurt anyone. If the forum wishes for 'us annoying members' to go away all they have to do is say so and I will gladly pack my bags ang find some other place. But until that happens, i believe we are ALL entitled to post exactly what we feel like posting as long as it falls within the rules of the forum. I believe it is called FREE SPEECH here in Canada.
    I haven't been a member for very long and I LOVE IT in here. Indio I see in other posts you see your couch quite often ... do you get asked to pack your bags too?

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Well I for one thoroughly enjoyed all the laughs I got form this post. And laughed about it today when I was lining up my ball for a putt!! Thanks Richard, you guys are better than the comic strips!!! Hey if you can't have fun and laugh with your friends.....who can you laugh with!! Life is for enjoying!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewGolfer
    I haven't been a member for very long and I LOVE IT in here. Indio I see in other posts you see your couch quite often ... do you get asked to pack your bags too?

ummmmm, ummmm, no, just 'invited' to sleep on the comfy couch occasionally

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    Maybe I should chill a bit, but this use to be the best place on the net to talk about golf with local guys. Now half the time you have stupid threads being made on on things that a monkey with his head up his ass could figure out. I know a lot of you find in "funny" or "amusing" but I'm sure that there are a number of us, like me that find it annoying and wish most of you would just go to a chat room and leave this place for golf.
    YOu call me a retard but who gets mad at someone for something on a CHAT BOARD that isn't even directed at them??? You need to chill buddy. Go to the range and work out your agression on some balls or something. If you like, I can take you to the gym with me to my mui thai kick boxing classes and you work it out on a bag, atleast that way you won't flip your lid on a msg board. I'm not saying you are like this (not that it matters since you have me blocked anyway so I guess I can say whatever I want now).. but I used to be a very agressive person, had a very short fuse (insert fundonny joke here) and then one day I decided to do something about it. Started working out, taking kick boxing and sambo and after I was done I really had no energy left to be angry, bitter and grumpy all the time. 5 years later I am now I'm at the point where if someone bothers me or gets on my nerves I don't care because I am so mentally strong from all my training an even if I wanted to do something I can't because my body is a lethal weapon and registered with the police (are required by law when you reach my level of training). So you see, focus on working out and martial arts and nothing will bother you and if it does, to bad... I could go to jail for even slapping someone as I might get charged with asult with a deadly weapon. Its really helped me a lot. If you like, here my my masters name. Baih Tor

Hi Kerisb, thanks again for the game yesterday, very enjoyable. Won the "trophy" back from my buddy today and got to beat my boss at the same time. Will try to hook up with you & your hubby next week if time permits.

Now back to this pointless thread LOL!

'Dick' leave it alone bud..... not worth it

"Richard"
    seriously, I can not putt without that line. My putting was HORRIBLE today. I have never putt this badly before. I still have to pick up $100 worth of golf balls from dc1947 so I'm going to putt lines on all of them right away.

yes they can outlaw them. I have no control on long putts and if I'm lining up the putt anyway why do I need to use a belly mallet putter?? just follow the line? This putter is a piece of crap!

So 'Dick' you didn't tell us how you finally got the lines on your damned balls! The cartoon strip has to have an ending to it or I just won't sleep tonight

"Richard"
    I did them by hand but I should have done the beer bottle top thing. My lines weren't even straight. What a waste of $40 on a round today. I'm playing again on wednsday in toronto so I'll be sure to have the lines ready to go. Thankfully I lost all 5 balls off the tee today that I drew lines on

Thread Information