CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar

Want to boost your ego?

Went out yesterday to Vieux Moulins with Rlaw and Zoic. We had a great time. The course has seen better days condition wise. However, I have never driven a ball further in my life. I had two drives over the 350 yard mark and shot a personal best, 4 over 76. My game had been struggling recently mostly due to lack of practice and I recomened anyone who needs a midsummer boost head out to Les Vieux Moulins and have at it.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Out of curiosity what tees did you play? Unless you played the Gold's, chances are your 350 yards drives were more like 290, since the Golds are really the Blues on the scorecard, the blues are the whites (on the card) for the most part and the whites are sort of a hybrid. Sorry to burst your bubble but congrats on a personal best.

And for anyone who has ever played LVM in August, it is actually in the best shape it has ever been, ponds are almost full and the fairways are green. In fact we're putting an asterisk beside the club champions name this year since we played under abnormal ground conditions (i.e. Grass) !!

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GarthM
    Out of curiosity what tees did you play? Unless you played the Gold's, chances are your 350 yards drives were more like 290, since the Golds are really the Blues on the scorecard, the blues are the whites (on the card) for the most part and the whites are sort of a hybrid. Sorry to burst your bubble but congrats on a personal best.

And for anyone who has ever played LVM in August, it is actually in the best shape it has ever been, ponds are almost full and the fairways are green. In fact we're putting an asterisk beside the club champions name this year since we played under abnormal ground conditions (i.e. Grass) !!
    Played it about a month ago. Fairways were yellow i.e burned but the greens were in excellent condition. I hit the ball longer than usual because of the fairway condition. Some holes are real easy but some present a real challenge.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar
    Garth, I believe this was on the 410 yard par 4, 4th hole. The drive rolled for quite awhile, then stopped 35 yards short. I did not see any yellow tees, and the yardages looked OK to me, but hey, I wear glasses.

I played 4 times there this year, plan on get 4 or 5 more rounds there this next few weeks, maybe we could hook up some time.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by zoic
    Garth, I believe this was on the 410 yard par 4, 4th hole. The drive rolled for quite awhile, then stopped 35 yards short. I did not see any yellow tees, and the yardages looked OK to me, but hey, I wear glasses.

I played 4 times there this year, plan on get 4 or 5 more rounds there this next few weeks, maybe we could hook up some time.
    The fourth hole is 444 from the golds which are WAAAY back from the blues. If you played the whites (which read 410 on the card, you probably played a hole that is only about 380-390 (the reds are 367). Trust me the gold tees are there, look back.... way back on some holes, and you will see them.

Yep, checked today, there are gold tees, way back on most holes. Wonder why they do not fix the score card, or put the tees at the same distance as the scorecard indicates. It seems to me something like that would put people off if the yardages are not correct. Is that just on some holes? The par 3 distances seem to be accurate in relation to what I get with the clubs choices I make.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Kevin:

The yardages on the card (blue, white, red) are in reality gold, blue(mostly), red. As I mentioned the whites on most holes are sort of a hybrid or "upper" blue (according to the score card).

Still wondering what tees you were playing....and how far the drives were going...?

G.

Thanks Garth, we were playing the whites. The blues where moved up closer to the whites on a lot of holes, whereas when I played today, the whites were moved back closer to the blues on some holes. I guess it is really hard to tell the distance without a plate in the ground, and measuring drives accurately in many cases is not easy, since the courses move the tees around and sometimes do not have a brick or reference of any sort in the teeing area.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Thread Information