100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar

Reservation Masters

I was just glancing around the website (actually trying to figure out my handicap....but that is another disappointing story..not bad if the object is to have a high handicap)haha! Anyways was wondering if anyone was a member to the Reservation Masters and how they like it? Let me know any pros and cons thinking of joining next year!!

Keris

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kerisb
    I was just glancing around the website (actually trying to figure out my handicap....but that is another disappointing story..not bad if the object is to have a high handicap)haha! Anyways was wondering if anyone was a member to the Reservation Masters and how they like it? Let me know any pros and cons thinking of joining next year!!

Keris
    Keris,

Although I am not a member of RM, I have played with a few folks in this forum that are and I can tell you the big 'PROs' is their cost to play vs mine .... RM members get significant discounts at the clubs that are participants of the membership and my wife and I will more than likely join next year.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    By all accounts RM is great. You can find more info since I basically asked the same question back in January:

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...light=discount
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    I haven't stopped to figure anything out but if we play say 2-4 times a week each, we could probably save alot of money....which in turn means we might play more often!!!! I would have to check out the courses to see if they are ones we would golf at I guess.

Keris

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I am actually looking forward to winning a RM membership via the generosity of Mr. Kilbank for 1st place in the Forum Match Play Tournament.

Even though I am already a renfrew member, I would have saved signifacant $ this year already. I think its a great idea, there have been other threads on this topic before, and lots of positive feedback.

if we play say 2-4 times a week each, we could probably save alot of money....which in turn means we might play more often!!!!Keris

oh good lord.....Keris, there are only 7 days in a week!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Why wait until next season? You can join now for $99 for the remainder of the season, or try it out for 30 days with a 30 day membership.

There is lots of golf left this season!

"Richard"
    Dan, any chance of adding some toronto courses??

We will be adding some Toronto courses next season.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    I"ve played ~70 games or more this year w/ my RM club card.

NOthing but good things to dsay. I joined the platinum and well it paid for itself AGES ago. I mean I golf whenever I feel like it and besides playing a few other courses w/ friends I never have to reach for my wallet.

THANK YOU RM!!!

Now that they added the RM GUEST ... You get 20% off for your friends if you book for them.

Don't know why I"m saying all this I'm greedy and want the course spots to myself

One thing you gotta be flexible you can't just want playthe same course everyday but if you work your schedule... You can

can' tjsut wanna playthe same course everyday but if you work your schedule...
    That is the key to enjoying the program.

DH, you're welcome!

Now I wonder who the biggest golf pig in the program is... hmmm Don't need to give names but whats the game count??

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar
    I just got one and played Les Vieux Moulin today, price was great.
    So far the only drawback I can see if for booking guests. It would be so much nicer if they could just pay directly and still get a discount. I really cannot justify piling up my credit card with extra charges, then spending the money they give me instead of putting it towards the card.

I plan to revisit some old haunts at bargain prices, like Gatineau, Champlain, and maybe a few more. If you can manage 3 or 4 rounds a week the saving could really add up though.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

So far the only drawback I can see if for booking guests. It would be so much nicer if they could just pay directly and still get a discount.
    Sorry but it cannot work that way. Of course your friends could always pay full price to the proshop.

I hear ya Zoic. I probably have ~150-200$ in cash that has gone on who knows what god knows where but like Dan said thats our perogative.

Either way the guest is a new addition to help use up spaces. That is why you can't just go to the proshop as its' an ingenious way in my opinion to use up some unused spots on courses that generally don't get all the slots used. Basically it allows the guet to assume one of RM's membership for the day at a 20% discount w/ no other obligation. Obviously the high volume courses don't allow this. (Thank you lol)

I bet they wish they did this a while ago lol.

The flip side: (Well one of many) Your more likely to get friends to come to Sorcier etc w/ you for 48$ instead of $60.

Let's play some weekend before the end of the season.
    Last edited by dH; 08-10-2006 at 07:45 PM.

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Sorry but it cannot work that way. Of course your friends could always pay full price to the proshop.
    Well yeah!

Or..... they could get an RM membership too, even better right.

Now if I can even find one of my friends that will play Gatineau, I would very surprised.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

I bet they wish they did this a while ago lol
    That would be a good bet. I am glad the members apreciate what we are trying to do.

1 Iron Tanglegrip is on a distinguished road Tanglegrip's Avatar
    Staff in my office bought me a RM membership this spring (April) which was a great birthday gift and I've used it about 18 times so far this year. I play most of my golf on weekends but have managed a few weeks off this summer where I golfed almost most everyday.

Since I'm at the western extreme of the city most of my use has been at Mountain Creek but I've also used Manderley and Chateau Cartier. The system is easy to use, just book through the member's part of the RM website.

The only drawback I've found is that courses in the west end and beyond are under represented. It would be nice to use it at Eagle, Loch, Pakenham, Renfrew, Greensmere, Canadian, etc.

I'm sure that Dan is working on adding courses....is there anything RM members can do to help Dan?

Indio, there may only be 7 days in a week but when you work 12 hour days and shift work it means I only work about 16 days a month....plenty left over for golf, problem usually is finding partners...For example since last week I've golfed Sat, Sun, Mon and tonight then I am golfing Fri, Sat and Sun only draw back is I have to work 2 out of every 4 weekends which cuts into the golfin time!!!!HA HA!!!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Indio, there may only be 7 days in a week but when you work 12 hour days and shift work it means I only work about 16 days a month....plenty left over for golf, problem usually is finding partners...For example since last week I've golfed Sat, Sun, Mon and tonight then I am golfing Fri, Sat and Sun only draw back is I have to work 2 out of every 4 weekends which cuts into the golfin time!!!!HA HA!!!
    Sounds like we work almost the same shift. But ask around, I'm usually available for a game. If interested lmk. Love getting out with forum members.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Sucks to be me I guess....... I have played 6 rounds of golf this year........ 2 with Bugsy and 4 with forum members.

Indio;

aren't you a member somewhere? 6 times?!? 6 Rounds!?! We're mid August!!! Thats ~1.5X a month!

Quote Originally Posted by dH
    Indio;

aren't you a member somewhere? 6 times?!? 6 Rounds!?! We're mid August!!! Thats ~1.5X a month!
    Nope, not a member this year for the first time in 12 years. Just got fedup with the club membership mentality and political crap and sold out my share. Also, purchasing a new house that needed alot of landscaping sort of put a damper on golfing as well.... but reality is, I am not missing it this year but next year will be a different matter I am sure. RM here I come! Although the club I was a member at is a great track, I kinda like playing different courses and playing with different people, not the same 4some day after day after day.... there are some unbelievable people in here to join up with and i look forwrd to meeting more before the end of the season!

Geoff that sounds like a good plan. You are out of Stittsville? That is not far away, and I know the country alot better than I know the city. Live in Kemptville, but work in Perth. Some of the courses I go to alot are (now don't laugh, they are not the most prestigious ones, but they do) Upper Canada, Nationview, Smiths Falls, Mapleview, Timberrun. Went to Le Sorcier last Sat.nice course but expensive!
    Am dying to try the one in Gananogue...Smugglers Glen, also interested in trying the Iroquois Golf course, or is it the Morrisburg one that is 18 holes!!
    I'm not the best golfer there ever was...still trying to break 100 (will do it this year though).......then the next goal is to beat my husband.
    We should set up a day where a bunch of us go out somewhere and play, just to meet each other. Not sure of how many of you guys know each other personnally, but would be nice to put faces to names. Also me being a female golfer, my husband doesn't like the thought of me heading off to play with strangers, but once he meets people he is generally ok with it.

Indio, I agree with you, we have thought about getting memberships, but playing the same old course does not appeal to us at all. We like the challenge of different courses and different people. (That way we can blame our bad score on not knowing the course,HAha!) So a membership that lets you play different course at discount rates sounds perfect to me. I do believe I know now what one of my hubbies Christmas presents will be......I will just have to drop a lot of hints to make sure I get the same gift in return...membership to RM!!!

Geoff that sounds like a good plan. You are out of Stittsville? That is not far away, and I know the country alot better than I know the city. Live in Kemptville, but work in Perth. Some of the courses I go to alot are (now don't laugh, they are not the most prestigious ones, but they do) Upper Canada, Nationview, Smiths Falls, Mapleview, Timberrun. Went to Le Sorcier last Sat.nice course but expensive!
    Am dying to try the one in Gananogue...Smugglers Glen, also interested in trying the Iroquois Golf course, or is it the Morrisburg one that is 18 holes!!

Oh Keris, you should always mention Mountain Creek if you are talking to Geoff!

Indio, I agree with you, we have thought about getting memberships, but playing the same old course does not appeal to us at all. We like the challenge of different courses and different people. (That way we can blame our bad score on not knowing the course,HAha!) So a membership that lets you play different course at discount rates sounds perfect to me. I do believe I know now what one of my hubbies Christmas presents will be......I will just have to drop a lot of hints to make sure I get the same gift in return...membership to RM!!!

LOL.... just accidently leave a printout of the Reservation Masters information on top of the TV remote

Where is Mountain Creek?? Sorry for the ignorance...this is actually my first year at taking golf serious and actually becoming quite competative at it!!! Hooked now for life I guess!!

Yeah, my hubby doesn't go on here much anymore, but I've already showed him the Resevations Masters web site and told him about this site. Not sure what he thinks of it, but I love it you guys are great and a bit crazy.....I laugh at most of the forums everday!!!

Thread Information