100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

Double eagle @ IRISH HILLS!!!

Was playing with bobby (BG458) at irish hills today. Half the time he breaks 100 and the other half he is between 100 and 105. He starts off the round with a bridie on the first hole, par on the second, par on the 3rd but was on for birdie on each and just lipped out and settled for pars. Then he goes boogie, boogie, par (almost holed the tee shot on the par 3 and missed a 3 footer for birdie) and now we get to the 7th and he is 1 over par through 6 holes which is an amazing score for me or any of my friends. Anyway, bobby hits a 255 yard drive which is extremely long for him (I hit mine about 15 yards LOL) and then walks up with his 3 wood from 230 out and hits his shot and its going to be short of the green but right on line. He has bad eyes and can't really see that far. This ball just keeps going and going and rolls onto the green. We knew it was close. We walk upto the green and there is no ball in site, he asked me if I was sure if it was not 20 yards farther back because 225 is a long 3w for him. He starts walking back to the fairway and I walk to the other side of the green because I saw it roll up and I'm looking on the other side with just the green between us now. Neither one of us can find it. He starts *ing and complaining about how he could have had a par, he would only have been a chip away from being on for birdie and how he really wanted a par because he was having such a good round. He starts walking back to the point of his 2nd shot so he can re-hit (we play by the rules when its not busy). I stay and putt out and when I look into the cup to get my ball.. there are two balls in there. I checked to see if it was his and sure enough its a DT solo with the initials BG written on them with a big fat green blue marker! So I yell back at him...

DP: BOBBY I FOUND YOUR BALL!
    BOB: WHERE IS IT??
    DEPE: IN THE CUP!!!!!
    BOB: SHUT UP!!!!
    DEPE: NO SEIROUSLY!!
    BOB: PLEASE DON'T JOKE ABOUT THAT!!!
    DEPE: I'M NOT KIDDING BOB, DOUBLE EAGLE ITS IN THE CUP.
    BOB: Holy $^% I can't $^%&#*$ beleive it!!! If you are joking I will $&%^$*# kill you!!!

Then he turns and looks at me with this huge grin and he goes... "what did you have?" like it mattered for our match play!!! Then he bursts out laughing LOL

Anyway, now he is 2 under after 7 holes (no one I've ever played with has ever been 2 under at anypoint durring a round). FInnished the front nine boogie par to finnish -1 on the front nine.

Ou match? He was 3 up after 3, still 3 up after 5, 4 up after 6, 5 up after 7, 6 up after 8, 7 up after 9... AND I HAD TO GIVE HIM STROKES!!!

He fell apart on the back 9 however and lost 7 of the 9 holes for a tie..

SO, my match play record with OG members now sits at 0-2-2

Congrats on a wicked front nine bob and the first double eagle I have ever seen

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Good job Bobby.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Holy . An albatross. That is unbelievable. Way to go.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Dude!

I gotta play a few rounds with you. You always have interesting stories to tell about your rounds.

Congrats on the double Eagle.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Huge props on the double eagle to be sure

On a related note, I swore that I'd never play Irish Hills again after they added the extra 9 holes tp the old back 9.......I ended up playing it this past Monday and I have reaffirmed my previous position....I've heard of bent grass fairways, but not crab grass and clover fairways....and hard ground, I'm thankful that last week was a little wet...really a shame because I used to really like Irish Hills.

My opinions mean squat however, because grass or no grass you don't get to write down 2 on a par 5 many times, if ever, in life.

Sorry to thread jack, but I'm still bitter

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Congrats! It makes my eagle on hole #14 at Chateau Cartier today looks soso. It was my 2nd ever eagle but could not imagine ever getting a double eagle...wow!
    Hope you kept that ball...I did for my single eagle.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Congrats to Bobby for the albatross!

BG458
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    Congrats! It makes my eagle on hole #14 at Chateau Cartier today looks soso. It was my 2nd ever eagle but could not imagine ever getting a double eagle...wow!
    Actually Thotho and I have this thing about chucking our ball as far as we can after each round. Now guess the ball I ended up chucking by mistake . Anyways thank you very much for the props guys .

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Bob:

Congratulations on a great shot. Savour it. A double eagle is much, much rarer than a hole in one.

Mike

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Wicked stuff, congrats to your bud.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Awesome! Congrats Bobby!
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Great job Bob, keep that up and you'll be giving me strokes the next time we play together.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead

Congrats BG458.... and you too bobble.
    Hopefully I'll get my second eagle this Sat. at the stag golf.
    Can you say plenty beers = plenty gimmies?

Hey with BC Mist's amazing feat earlier this year, I think I see a pattern here.
    I need to change my handle to start with "B". I'm checking if "B-Cool" is taken

"Richard"
    How could I forget to mention the best part of the story!!! So after every round we take the ball and throw it in the water but we throw it from pretty car away and see if either of us can get it in and I threw mine and as usual, in the water (from the club house) and bobby reaches into his bag and throws a ball into the water... he also makes it. Then I look at him and said... UMMM, I hope that wasn't your double eagle ball! I thought I would have to pin him down so he didn't go in after the ball. Hilarious and typical bobby!

Anyway, the reason we started throwing balls into the water at the end of each round was because we sucked so bad that we wouldn't want any memory of the round and it just kinda turned into this little contest... I can't win a match play but I'm 13-0-5 at "ball throwing into the water"

Thread Information