CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

Did I hit a 370 yard drive???

So, I played Pakenham today and had a lot of wind at my back on all three of these drives.

First drive

I'm was standing at the tee box 486 yards away from the hole on a par 5 with the wind at my back... it must have been a good 2 club length wind so I decided to hit my driver as hard as I could just for fun. My ball landed 16 yards back of the 100 yard stake on the left side of the fairway! I went to google earth and messured it and its 370... 9th hole lake course

second drive

Canyon 8th hole... TONS of wind at my back and the hole was 366 yards from out tees. I hit my driver and landed about 40 yards short of the green, so close that I ran it on with a PW because I suck at such short wedge shots

Third drive

Canyon 9th hole, again, lots of wind at my back. All my friends went straight up the fairway and were a good 250+ out from the green but I decided to use the wind and cut the corner (hoped I didn't hit a tree) and go over the water. Hoped that I could land it in the fairway but my ball went threw the fairway inline with the 150 but on the hill passed the fairway!!! I googled the yardages and captured the picture.

I had a horrible round, but those three drives more than made up for my horrible round. I was so happy when I was done.

Anyway, for those who don't beleive the word of a fellow OG memeber, check out the layout of the course, all three holes are directioned the same way, directly with the wind at your back...

I kinda felt like tiger

edit: I paced off the yardage left to the centre off the green after each drive so I could come back and check the actual yardage, that is how I know where the line ends in the pictures, just went backwards and started a line from there back to the tee box.

I'd say its +/- 5 yards ac.

Edit #2: also ran into geoff there, he had some bombs as well. What a fun course.. for $20 with the cupon it is up there in my top 5 for best bang for your buck!

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I believe you man. Lots of people will say, "It's not a true long drive because you had wind at your back." To me, it doesn't matter if someone has wind at their face or back, wherever your drive lands is how far you hit it.

Nice Job.

"Richard"
    thanks man, you like the google pics? sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    thanks man, you like the google pics? sweet!
    Yeah the pics are cool. It looks like you had some time on your hands. I expect to see that kind of distance when I'm in Ottawa next month. I was trying to get there earlier but the vacation schedule at work got pretty busy for August so September is looking a little more realistic.

"Richard"
    when are you coming???? What dates?

when are you coming???? What dates?
    As soon as I know exact dates I will post it in the forums because I have a couple of rounds to play with other members who also need the dates. I have the haggle with my manager for vacation days so as soon as I know they will be in the 'General' section.

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    You should go at Vieux Moulin someday, you will have a blast there. My friend and I were there yesterday. The ground is rock solid and the fairway bounce like your hitting it off a cart path. We had a few 300 yards drive, and we usually max at 270-280.

Birdie srennick is on a distinguished road srennick's Avatar
    I say it doesn't matter...

I believe Davis Love III has the 2nd longest recorded drive in a tour event...with a big wind at his back:

Davis Love holds the second longest ever officially recorded drive in competition play in history with a massive drive of 476 yards at the 2004 Mercedes Championships.

"Richard"
    I played irish hills today and hit the back of the green with my driver and rolled off It was 285 yards from the white tees, dead straight a little bit of a head wind but hardly anything.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I played irish hills today and hit the back of the green with my driver and rolled off It was 285 yards from the white tees, dead straight a little bit of a head wind but hardly anything.
    DRIVE FOR SHOW
    CHIP & PUTT FOR DOUGH

That's why you can't beat DAN
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

"Richard"
    I know, tell me about it! I seriously need to hit the range more and courses less. Just pissing money away

I know, tell me about it! I seriously need to hit the range more and courses less. Just pissing money away
    I'd rather hit the course more and hit the range less. Range balls are horrible for your club faces and I'd rather hit from the course and play a twilight time where I can hit two or three balls.

I hate the range to tell you the truth.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer
    I'd rather hit the course more and hit the range less. Range balls are horrible for your club faces and I'd rather hit from the course and play a twilight time where I can hit two or three balls.

I hate the range to tell you the truth.
    Why are range balls horrible for your club faces? You must be going to Fred Flintstone's Range

Our range has Srixon range balls, they do no damage to club faces.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    Why are range balls horrible for your club faces? You must be going to Fred Flintstone's Range

Our range has Srixon range balls, they do no damage to club faces.
    90% of driving range golf balls are Top Flite. Most of the time these are not perfectly clean. I experienced what a ty range ball can do to a brand new club this past week and it's not very good.

The only ranges I will go to are ones at high end courses because they don't make money off their range and rotate their balls on a very frequent basis and make sure they are washed properly so the members don't scratch the living hell out of their club faces.

That's why.

3 Wood lastplace is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick
    You should go at Vieux Moulin someday, you will have a blast there. My friend and I were there yesterday. The ground is rock solid and the fairway bounce like your hitting it off a cart path. We had a few 300 yards drive, and we usually max at 270-280.
    I'm definitely going to play there. It will do my ego some good to hit a ball over 260 yards, never mind 300. That term (300) does not exist in my world!!!!

Thread Information