CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar

Driving Range Liability

I'm just curious, how much liability if any do driving ranges have?

Today I went to a range not far from my place. I have never been there before so we wanted to try it out since they have grass to hit off.

So I start hitting off the grass and notice it's pretty uneven and kind of gritty a bit.

I hit about 20 balls then left because it was a bit ridiculous having your feet at different heights while trying to hit the ball.

So the first few swings were with my new 50 degree CG10 for warmup, then I moved over to my new 904F. In short, the grass sucked so I left.

I just finished cleaning my clubs because in one shot a large amount of soil and dirt would be on the club even when hitting the 904F, and noticed there are some very visible and probably more than surface scratches on the face of my new 904F and the same with my CG10. Now, to say the least, I'm pretty ing pissed off because these are new clubs and I know for sure if I hit them on the course with a regular golf ball that these scratches would not be there.

All of this being said...I expect to get scratches on the face of the wedge because hitting out of the sand and other areas will leave scratches over time, but even with my rac Black TP's which I've used for 5 or 6 rounds, I don't notice the same depth of scratches as on this CG10. The same goes for the 904F....I actually wouldn't assume to have scratches on it until maybe a season of use, not one driving range session of maybe 5 hits. My V-Steel which is two season old doesn't even compare to this.

Is there anything I can do about this? I'm pretty pissed off about this right now and just wondering if I am SOL or if I can go speak to the owner of the place and ask him to compensate me for the damages.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I doubt you'll get anywhere with that complaint... but I feel your pain.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer
    Is there anything I can do about this? I'm pretty pissed off about this right now and just wondering if I am SOL or if I can go speak to the owner of the place and ask him to compensate me for the damages.
    You're SOL.

There's a good grass range at the course I usually play which has a very sandy base. I made the mistake (once) of picking a ball off the ground and putting it on a tee to hit driver.

Needless to say the ball was covered in sand and left a bunch of marks on my driver.

I now make sure I wipe the ball off before I hit it.

Need a Caddy rgk5 is on a distinguished road rgk5's Avatar
    The CG10 wedges scratch very easily as the CMM used to mold the heads is much less durable than the Gunmetal or Chrome finish. As for the liability aspect, no chance.

ty for me I guess. Good news is the new Titleist 906F2 is going to be available in 10 days so I can pick one of them up to replace the 904F. It's not even that it affects the shot, it's the fact it was brand new without a mark and then after minimal use it has these scratches.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOURNS!!!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    If you want to make it look better some 1000 or 2000 grit wet sandpaper will do a good job of polishing up most scratches.

3 Wood mcnorth is on a distinguished road mcnorth's Avatar
    I feel your pain. My stand bag fell over in the parking lot last night and I scratched the backs of four of my clubs pretty bad. Not that I feel anyone is responsible for this but it really sucks when your new clubs get dinged.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent
    If you want to make it look better some 1000 or 2000 grit wet sandpaper will do a good job of polishing up most scratches.
    Sweet. I'll give that a try on the 904F. Worse case scenario if I pooch it up a bit, I'll pick up that 906F2.

I was always afraid that I might screw up the integrity of the club if I used sand paper on the face but I'll give it a shot.

Thread Information