100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Holiday Monday, August 7

I am going up to Mt Ste Marie on Monday and playing at 7:45 if anyone would like to join me please let me know asap. You can meet me at my house and we could take one car.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    You will be there to witness the destruction of "Longballhitter" by me for the forum match play tourney!! I believe we are 7:44am? Are they doing a crossover? Are you in our group? There are just the 2 of us.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Leftylucas - you must be in our group at 7h44.

Sakuraba - There will definitely be destruction - of you!!!!!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba
    You will be there to witness the destruction of "Longballhitter" by me for the forum match play tourney!! I believe we are 7:44am? Are they doing a crossover? Are you in our group? There are just the 2 of us.
    I was actually going to message you about joining you lads for the round to scope out the next round competition (even tho we're playing on Saturday), but I don't fancy the idea of waking up at like 5:45. I guess I could just drive up in the evening and sleep in my car at the course.

Crazy fools... I will murder the winner by forcing them to play in the evening, muahaahahah
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Ahem, this is not the appropriate place for trash talking folks. That would be over in the match play thread. Tear each other apart.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hoolio! take that spot! It'll just mean you have to behave yourself on Saturday. I could use some guidance actually. My father-in-law is a great guy, but I could use someone's help reading greens.

8-2 Indicating Line of Play
    a. Other Than on Putting Green
    Except on the putting green , a player may have the line of play indicated to him by anyone, but no one may be positioned by the player on or close to the line or an extension of the line beyond the hole while the stroke is being made. Any mark placed by the player or with his knowledge to indicate the line must be removed before the stroke is made.
    Exception: Flagstick attended or held up — see Rule 17-1.
    b. On the Putting Green
    When the player’s ball is on the putting green, the player, his partner or either of their caddies may, before but not during the stroke, point out a line for putting, but in so doing the putting green must not be touched. A mark must not be placed anywhere to indicate a line for putting.
    Penalty for Breach of Rule:
    Match play — Loss of hole; Stroke play — Two strokes.
    Note: The Committee may, in the conditions of a team competition (Rule 33-1), permit each team to appoint one person who may give advice (including pointing out a line for putting) to members of that team. The Committee may establish conditions relating to the appointment and permitted conduct of that person, who must be identified to the Committee before giving advice.

Since hoolio wouldn't be your partner or a caddie, it's a breach of rules... LOL!

Well... You should join us anyways, hoolio, it will be fun to see how you'd fare out against your future opponent.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I dont think so... i'm not getting up that early to pay full price. Yes, that makes me cheap and lazy.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Yikes

What have I gotten into. I am not sure if there is a cross-over that day but yes I am at 7:44. Levesque-Pitts. I will wear my battle ready microfber Kahkis to ensure to deflect the golf shrapnel coming from the battle between you two.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Its all talk, Luc. We're looking forward to a fun relaxed match. It just appears that the tee time is full. L.B.H. & I are 2, then it looks like Levesque-Pitts are the other 2.

Looking forward to the game.

I'm looking forward to it as well - weather looks like it's going to be awesome

Should be fun LBH, the weather should hold!! Here's to a nice drive off the 1st hole onto the top of the hill!!!
    Lefty Lucas

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    It is not an holiday in Quebec, therefore, you should be charged the normal rate for Monday. I know other courses in Quebec that do it like that, not sure about Ste-Marie.

Probably, I am with Golf a la Carte so its the same rate.
    Lefty Lucas

Rip-off

Well, apparently cross Province holidays are an issue. Mont Sre Marie charged a holiday rate on a non-holiday in QC. UNbeleiveable, so I asked then if they charge a holiday rate if there is a holiday in BC. What difference is there???? My wife works in QC and she is payed regular rate today. Anyhow my apologies to Sakubara and Hoolio for missing the tee time. I actually was 10 miniutes late becuase my partner would not exceedthe speed limits. W eteed off at 8:10. we may have been right behind you.. Were you a 4some, 3 walking and 1 on a cart?
    Lefty Lucas

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    I played Vieux Moulin and they charged normal Monday rate. I called Cascades and they were charging normal Monday rate but were pretty busy so I didn't go to get a 6 hours round in. Good thing I didn't go to Ste-Marie after all

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas
    Well, apparently cross Province holidays are an issue. Mont Sre Marie charged a holiday rate on a non-holiday in QC. UNbeleiveable, so I asked then if they charge a holiday rate if there is a holiday in BC. What difference is there???? My wife works in QC and she is payed regular rate today. Anyhow my apologies to Sakubara and Hoolio for missing the tee time. I actually was 10 miniutes late becuase my partner would not exceedthe speed limits. W eteed off at 8:10. we may have been right behind you.. Were you a 4some, 3 walking and 1 on a cart?
    We were 3 walking, but only Longballhitter & I were playing. My father in law was "caddying" for me (which apparently involves not carrying my bag, not pulling the pin, not raking traps, and not helping my line on any putts--not that I ever wanted him to ). I was on the deck at the clubhouse looking back for you guys, I think you were behind us? Somebody had a bright Taylormade staff bag.

I was the tall guy drinking beer on the deck above #18 after the game.

The 4 some with 3 walking and 1 on a cart was the group behind us so you guys must have been 2 or 3 groups behind. I left immediately after the round to go back to the cottage.

I didn't realize I was charged a holiday rate on a non-holiday. I'll pay more attention next time.

That was me the Black/yellow TM bag, I saw you watching me miss that long putt!! I really would have liked to play with you guys but man my buddy drove like an old woman, 1 hour for a 45 minute drive!!
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information