CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    [quote=lngdrvcantputt;122981]

Ottawa's offence is now like Montreal's, u better hope the rookies come through again this year or Ottawa's in trouble, it's ok guys just like the Renegades you'll realize that Ottawa as a so-so team and you'll all stop going to the games, and they'll slowly vanish to Hamilton.
    quote]

Don't think the team is going anywhere anytime soon. Except maybe in a month or so when they finally head out to the golf course to maybe get a round in with some Hab players. But the Habs might have a chance to win then. They have after all been playing golf for how long now..........
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Geoff Johnston;183607]
    Quote Originally Posted by lngdrvcantputt View Post

Ottawa's offence is now like Montreal's, u better hope the rookies come through again this year or Ottawa's in trouble, it's ok guys just like the Renegades you'll realize that Ottawa as a so-so team and you'll all stop going to the games, and they'll slowly vanish to Hamilton.
    quote]

Don't think the team is going anywhere anytime soon. Except maybe in a month or so when they finally head out to the golf course to maybe get a round in with some Hab players. But the Habs might have a chance to win then. They have after all been playing golf for how long now..........
    I wonder what’s more painful, not making the playoffs by a couple of points or losing in the finals…
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    [quote=mberube;183610]
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post

I wonder what’s more painful, not making the playoffs by a couple of points or losing in the finals…
    Missing the Play-offs - tis better to have played and lost than not to have played at all

[quote=mberube;183610]

Ohhh we have a

I'd have to say not making the playoffs. By making the finals you at least have a chance of winning it all. By not making the playoffs, and especially blowing it over the last couple of weeks (wait...for the Habs it was over the last couple of months wasn't it....ok, there's the knife in the wound), and getting eliminated by the Leafs has to be much more painful (and there's the twist and a handful of salt thrown in for good measure).
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    [quote=Geoff Johnston;183612]
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    ......... getting eliminated by the Leafs has to be much more painful.

OUCH!!!! That one just might leave a scar

[QUOTE=Geoff Johnston;183612]
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post

Ohhh we have a

I'd have to say not making the playoffs. By making the finals you at least have a chance of winning it all. By not making the playoffs, and especially blowing it over the last couple of weeks (wait...for the Habs it was over the last couple of months wasn't it....), and getting eliminated by the Leafs has to be much more painful.

Got that right. Especially after a two goal lead…

Stirring aside I hope the Sens win but I predicted that the ducks would win it all before the playoffs began. I hope I’m wrong. The thing is that the Sens have not faced a good physical team with a combination of great D and goaltending. Buffalo had Miller but no D, the Devils had a good D but Brodeur was shaky. It should be a great series and I hope Sens win in 6.

[quote=mberube;183614]

Got that right. Especially after a two goal lead…

Stirring aside I hope the Sens win but I predicted that the ducks would win it all before the playoffs began. I hope I’m wrong. The thing is that the Sens have not faced a good physical team with a combination of great D and goaltending. Buffalo had Miller but no D, the Devils had a good D but Brodeur was shaky. It should be a great series and I hope Sens win in 6.

I agree. Personally I wanted it to be Detroit. But not because we'd have the chance of possibly beating Hasek, but Detroit is a skating team. They like the skill game more, right up Ottawa's alley. With Anaheim you're going to get a youn, big, strong, physical and energetic team. And the worst part is, most of their big guys can really play. Which is why they beat Detroit. They just wore them down and tired them out. Detroit couldn't take the beating. But if the Sens can get traffic in front of Giguere and get him moving side to side, they should be fine. Just have to find a way to get around Pronger and Niedermayer.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Caw, caw, caw!!! Is that some crow eating I hear????
    Hey, I said they would crap out because they didn't strenghten their front lines. Well, they have since added the biggest power forward in the game.....Mike Comrie.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Hey, I said they would crap out because they didn't strenghten their front lines. Well, they have since added the biggest power forward in the game.....Mike Comrie.
    I figured you'd have a good comeback. Just pulling your leg buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Comrie...the biggest power forward in the game!!!! I hope that was a joke!!

Thread Information