CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    C'mon Mike, at least find a pic with the captain or perhaps Huet. Somebody who made a difference for the Habs last year. We all know Kovalev only plays when he feels like it.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    C'mon Mike, at least find a pic with the captain or perhaps Huet. Somebody who made a difference for the Habs last year. We all know Kovalev only plays when he feels like it.
    Don’t get me started…
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

He is a great talent and one of the most skilled players in the league. But you have to admit there are some nights you'd never even know he was playing. Jagr had that problem a few seasons ago. But when these guys are fired up and ready to play, look out.....
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

He is a great talent and one of the most skilled players in the league. But you have to admit there are some nights you'd never even know he was playing. Jagr had that problem a few seasons ago. But when these guys are fired up and ready to play, look out.....
    I just hope Samsonov will fire him up. I think these two can make a good duo. All depends if their center man will be fast enough.

Koivu or Ribiero would both be good set up men for those two. Most centres would kill to have those options on either wing to pass to. But he doesn't really need to be fast enough, just dump the puck to open ice and let them chase it down.

Koivu or Ribiero would both be good set up men for those two. Most centres would kill to have those options on either wing to pass to. But he doesn't really need to be fast enough, just dump the puck to open ice and let them chase it down.
    You cant put Koivu on that line because you need him on the other line to keep it balanced. Ribeiro on the other hand has great potential but has not shown it yet. I think he “could” be the next Adam Oats because he has great vision and passing abilities. The only problem is that he always tries one to many moves and turns over the puck more often then not. I hope he comes back with more confidence and speed.

Mehhh, do like Ottawa and load up one line and hope the other lines pick up the slack.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Hey, it worked...until they decided to put KELLY on the first line (shakes head). Mr. Murray, what were you thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    You are a god you played goalie before thus making you an expert on the subject. I guess nobody has played hockey competitively here…

Well...I am a god...but that's another matter. All I'm saying is that from the point of view of the goalie, that shot really should not have gone in. I know, because I've let a few in myself. The D-man will often apologize because they've seen Grapes' latest rant, the coach will tell you its not your fault, but in almost all of those situations, you know that you should have stopped the shot. The so called "tip" is just a weak excuse. Now, when the puck gets tipped after going a couple of feet, that is a different matter, because you have already reacted. I think if you watch that replay though, you will find that it got tipped at the point of contact, which does not change the trajectory, as far as the goalie's vision/reaction are involved.

3 Iron guitarman is on a distinguished road guitarman's Avatar
    You have no clue what you are talking about. The Montreal Canadians have the best attendance in the league every year. They “we” are the best hockey fans in the NHL. Fans boo in certain situation because they know hockey and disapprove what they see. Unbelievable ambiance in MTL. Have you ever been to a Sens game. It’s boring as hell. Nobody cheers. When they play the Habs or the leafs, the only thing you can hear are the habs or leaf fans cheering. Pathetic…

As for booing the USA anthem, well that a political issue and wont get in to that.
    Leaf fans are the best fans in the NHL. The only team where you can see plenty of fans for in pretty much every city they play. You'll only see Canadians fans in Montreal.
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by lngdrvcantputt
    u know whats sad about your comment i was at the last playoff game in Montreal and at the last game in Ottawa, sure people were disapointed in Montreal after that goal, but almost 90% of the people stay'd and called out Huet for 10 minutes, and cheering the team on, that's a proud moment as a fan, in Ottawa people booed left 10 mins before the game was over, people yelling, swearing, calling out players it was absolutly rediculous. Montreal fans are a little harsh at times, but loyalty is never a question, and remember most of them are quebecers, i dont know if you know french people have a way of telling you what they think whether u like it or not. And what are you talking about people not showing up, look at the attendance stats big guy, even in the last ten years Montreal struggled they still had the best attenddance record in the league.
    quote:

ive been to every arena in Canada to watch Montreal, ive been to Buffalo twice, to Long Island and Boston to watch Montreal play, teach me about hockey im 23yrs. old and i'll put up my hockey knowledge to yours anyday

Great original point there - Habs fans are better/more loyal than Sens fans - The sky is also blue.

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...awa+worst+fans

Welcome to the thread where I argued the exact same thing, about three months ago. (see post #16)

Nobody is going to debate teh fact that the Habs have the most loyal fans, and the best atmosphere. That doesn't necessarily mean they have the most knowledgeable fans. If anything, you're probably blinded by your undying love for them an unable to realize that their team for this year looks nothing more than an outside shot to do anything of note.

I love the fact that, since you're a die hard fan who's been to lots of arenas to watch the Habs (which, btw, I do commend), you fancy yourself a hockey expert. Watching a game doesn't necessarily mean you understand it. And, just in case you're trying to impress us all with the fact you're so infinitely knowledgeable at such a tender young age, I'm 20

Quote Originally Posted by guitarman
    Leaf fans are the best fans in the NHL. The only team where you can see plenty of fans for in pretty much every city they play. You'll only see Canadians fans in Montreal.
    NOT!!!! I hate the leafs but I will admit that the Habs and the leafs have the largest core of fans in the NHL. I have seen Habs jerseys in the southern part of the States and western part of Canada and USA during games that did not involve the Habs.

Pitching Wedge lngdrvcantputt is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    Great original point there - Habs fans are better/more loyal than Sens fans - The sky is also blue.

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...awa+worst+fans

Welcome to the thread where I argued the exact same thing, about three months ago. (see post #16)

Nobody is going to debate teh fact that the Habs have the most loyal fans, and the best atmosphere. That doesn't necessarily mean they have the most knowledgeable fans. If anything, you're probably blinded by your undying love for them an unable to realize that their team for this year looks nothing more than an outside shot to do anything of note.

I love the fact that, since you're a die hard fan who's been to lots of arenas to watch the Habs (which, btw, I do commend), you fancy yourself a hockey expert. Watching a game doesn't necessarily mean you understand it. And, just in case you're trying to impress us all with the fact you're so infinitely knowledgeable at such a tender young age, I'm 20
    say no more then you've just answered all of my questions, i never said i was an expert, i was stating my opinion as an avid hockey player/fan, thats been around the hockey scene my whole life, if your so confident Montreal will be a bust, lets have a friendly bet for next year, if Ottawa doesnt beat Montreal by more then 8pts by the end of the season, the loser treats the winner to a round of golf at Eagle Creek next year, sound like a deal, pm me your info and ill leave it in my BlackBerry as a reminder for next april, sound like a deal. This will end this whole controversy.

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Ohhh.....i like it!!!!!
    Do it...Do it....
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

3 Iron guitarman is on a distinguished road guitarman's Avatar
    NOT!!!! I hate the leafs but I will admit that the Habs and the leafs have the largest core of fans in the NHL. I have seen Habs jerseys in the southern part of the States and western part of Canada and USA during games that did not involve the Habs.
    In alot of buildings throughout the NHL, there are times when its almost hard to distinguish that your not in Toronto,
    Terry

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    if habs fans are this touchy now I cant wait till playoff time!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew
    if habs fans are this touchy now I cant wait till playoff time!!!!!
    Were not really that touchy?
    Were used to losing these days.More fun watching Leafs and Sens fans crying every year

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    It is too bad that one of the greatest goalies of all time could not even stand being in Montreal any longer. The sad thing is he was french Canadian!
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Are you talking about Patric roy?
    If so i agree,biggest screw-up in their history.

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Indeed..
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar

Refereeing

I think one of the biggest deciding factors will be how penalties are called this year!
    Specialty teams were HUGE last year, check 5on5 goals vs pp and you'll see that without a great pp unit teams in general stumbled.(a certain defenseman turned this fact into a monster contract) Lets see if the league will keep calling the games similiar to last year, different calls on different nights, with players often confused OR will consistency come back. Lets see if the "NEW NHL" many analysts were so enamored with continues.
    I guess that's a whole new discussion

every team has to deal with the same crappy reffing though (if you see it that way). Although it may have an effect on individual games, it ultimately won't have a positive or negative impact on specific teams over the long haul. These things tend to even out. (You will also notice that a certain defenceman was entirely ineffective in the second half once the opponent learned that the only thing they had to defend on the powerplay was the pass from Kaberle to that certain defenceman)

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    If kaberle would have shot the puck more, he'd be the guy we'd be talking about. Teams adapt to other teams plays and unfortunatley mcabe and kabrle didnt realize that till the end of the season. They could have been equal in goals and assists. Both are huge talents and kaberle may be one of the best at going coast to coast and never shooting the puck.

Hey!...I was enjoying this thread what happened?
    Let me get it going again

LEAFS SUCK,SENS SUCK

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Hockey. Who needs it. Too many games, season is too long. The NHL should learn from the NFL. Every game means something.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

1 Iron mike_weir_fan is on a distinguished road mike_weir_fan's Avatar
    Vancouver Canucks all the way to the cup

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    interesting to read through this thread now. I guess we all know who the best team in Canada is now ;-)
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    interesting to read through this thread now. I guess we all know who the best team in Canada is now ;-)

Phew, glad I read your reply. Here I was thinking you were already jumping to next year before this season is even over.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Ottawa will be the best during the year, but it will mean nothing when they crap out in the playoffs again because they have done absolutely nothing to strenghten their front lines which failed them so badly in the second round.

Calgary will be next - they've strenghtened their offence with the addition of Tanguay, the most underrated playmaker in the game - he and Iggy is a scary combo. Can't forget their excellent defence and possibly the best goalie in the game.

Vancouver will be a strong contender, and will compete with Calgary down the stretch for the northwest division crown. They've made a big improvement in net, but have also lost a key D-man in Jovo-cop. Their offence has not reallly improved over the offseason either...they still need to make a move their

Toronto will do well this year - top 6 in the east. Goaltending is improved, defence is vastly improved, the addition of Peca can do nothing but help, and they finally have a coach who will give their impressive young guns the ice time they need to excel.

Edmonton will squeek into the playoffs, as they always do. Pronger is gone, but their goaltending with Roloson is much better than they had during the season last year. Look for them to grind out the number 8 spot with another gritty stretch drive.

Montreal doesn't look like a playoff team, as they have done nothing this offseason. That said, they didn't look like a playoff team at the beginning of last season, but they proved everyone wrong. They might well make a run at it - the last 2 or 3 spots are always hotly contested in the east, so anything can happen.

Caw, caw, caw!!! Is that some crow eating I hear????

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    I think that the best thing that could happen to the Sens is a 4th or 5th place finish in the conference. Teams that enter the playoffs with a good dose of humility usually perform better.
    Look at the oh so wise Leaf fan. Good call on that one LW!! Right on the money.

Thread Information