CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Richard"

What is your weakness???

No donny I'm not talking about that boyz to men CD that makes you cry when you pop it in... I'm talking golf of course. For me it would have to be my bunker play and my long irons. I'm pretty happy with the way I've been progressing with all aspects of my game this season but I'm not seeing it in the sand. I'm happy with my putting, chipping (except when I chunk) and as of late my driver as well. Can wait to play with some of you forum guys with this puppy in my bag.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    It used to be my putting, but ever since I picked up a Yes Victoria the putting is awesome. I'd have to say my bunker play might be my weak point right now. I'm decent, but I'm having trouble getting it close to the hole from greenside bunkers.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    What is your weakness???

My weakness is responding to your senseless but entertaining posts
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    What is your weakness???

BAHAHAHAH!! I laughed out loud at that one.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    see sig

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Driver!!!! I usually hit 3 wood off the deck and that works fine since I hit it longer then most hit their driver. I wish I could hit my driver with confidence cause wen I do or did, I could hit it over 280 consistently.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Here are mine: reading greens; drawing long irons; controlling my temper and my tendencies to aggressive play.

Signed: Dr. Phil

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    40 to 75 yard wedge shots.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    60 to 70 yard wedge shots and tendency to over read putts

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Fairway bunker shots..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    What is your weakness???

Bob, ever since bugsy joined the site you have stopped hitting on all the women on the forum.. why is that?

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road

What is your weakness???

Kryptonite. I think they have some hidden in the trees on Manderley South (5,6) and Central (5,6).

[Real answer: Accurate swing and club distances from 140yds to 50yds. I hit my PW 140yds! and my next club options are SW and LW]
    Back at it.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Started2k3
    Kryptonite. I think they have some hidden in the trees on Manderley South (5,6) and Central (5,6).

[Real answer: Accurate swing and club distances from 140yds to 50yds. I hit my PW 140yds! and my next club options are SW and LW]
    You need to learn how to control your distances better then. No need to hit a PW 140 yards. Slow down your swing, become more accurate with the short irons. Then you will not have that huge gap between clubs. There is not spot on any score cards (that I have seen in all my years of golfing) where you write down what club you hit. No one cares if you hit a PW 120 or 140. All that matters is where the ball ends up.

Since I got back playing golf this month I had to swing easy at first. I was hitting 8 irons from 120, not a PW. My control was a lot better. Now I am just about back to normal strength and length. However I am still using one more club at times and hitting it smoothly. During a round this week I hit 9 iron 3X where I normally hit PW. Results were great.

Try it, slow it down, hit it easier and see if you start scoing better.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar
    My clicking joints in my neck and shoulders. Sometimes it is so loud it sounds like a railway car clacking on my backswing. It is not painful, just one heck of a distaction, like I am ratcheting up some power to plow through the ball.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    My fear is having my game all come together just once, like say a round with 6/7 birds, one eagle & no 3-putts.
    If I suddenly improved by a dozen strokes could I ever go back out there again knowing that was never going to appear again!!!

Now I know it's in me somewhere. Over the last 7/8 years, I've recorded my Personal Bests at the two courses that we frequent the most; Mountain Creek & Cloverdale. I'm a guy that's happy to break 85.

100+ rounds at the Creek have me at a 50, 16 birds & eagles on the two par-5's (4 & 9).

60 rounds at the 'Dale have me down to a 55, eagles on 14 & 15 but 5 holes still waiting for a par-breaker.

I think I'll just keep making sure at least one part of my game is not working....

This year it's PUTTING from 2-7ft.

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    My weakness is really my driver and 3-wood. I can hit them a mile but would like to stay between the tree lines more often. When my driver is on, I can easily play even par on any courses (my irons shot are very accurate and my short game very good for a big guy!) but when it's not, I pay the price. How many time I had to play three off the tee at Hautes Plaines!!! I know I don't need a driver on most of the holes and I don't use it unless I have to. It seems that I always find a way to put myself into trouble off the tee and this is really annoying...

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    At the moment, bunker play is particularly bad.

In general, the "brain fart". I manage to throw out somewhere between two (when playing well) and 6+ (when I suck) totally random crappy shots per round. They could be with any club from any distance.

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    My short game.. I have a lot of problem chipping. I figure that if I could get my chipping togheter, I would lower my score at least 10 strokes. I can overchip the green, chip it 10 yards from the cup, then 3 putt from there, all that after being 20 yards from the cup in 2 on a par 5.

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Recently it has been getting off the tee for me! If/when I end up hitting the fairway on the first shot the next couple are the easy ones!! I could use a little work on my putting as in reading greens better, but other than that, I have progressed well through my first year playing!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    The latest is "reading thothos posts before I go golfing!" Got to meet this guy.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    I don't think I even want to be on the same course as him....

He scares me

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    You need to learn how to control your distances better then. No need to hit a PW 140 yards. Slow down your swing, become more accurate with the short irons. Then you will not have that huge gap between clubs. There is not spot on any score cards (that I have seen in all my years of golfing) where you write down what club you hit. No one cares if you hit a PW 120 or 140. All that matters is where the ball ends up.

Since I got back playing golf this month I had to swing easy at first. I was hitting 8 irons from 120, not a PW. My control was a lot better. Now I am just about back to normal strength and length. However I am still using one more club at times and hitting it smoothly. During a round this week I hit 9 iron 3X where I normally hit PW. Results were great.

Try it, slow it down, hit it easier and see if you start scoing better.
    First off ... thank you.

I tried to start this season off playing like you suggest. Use nice easy swings, slow it down, go for the ultra-smooth swing. Well I didn't break 100.

The morning of July 16th my wife says to me when I am just about to get up and sneak out for my round "Don't think. I am tired of hearing about your crappy rounds." Went out and matched my personal best, same the following weekend [see sig]. I think my wife wants me to go back to shooting crappy because at least she didn't have to hear about a crappy round 3 days later.

What happened, I swung like I normally would, which meant I knew exactly the distance I will get with a full swing with each club (no guessing).

I am working on determining some repeatable partial swings that give consistent distances. My plan:
    Backswing postion of hands: Full, 10o'clock, 9o'clock, 8o'clock, 7o'clock
    Wrists: "full cock" [ie hands at 9o'clock shaft vertical], or "no cock" [ie hands at 9o'clock shaft at about 30°-35° above horizontal]
    Clubs: mainly for PW,SW,LW (but 5i and 7i might be useful if I need to keep a short low shot)

This will give me about 30 different options (some may be the same distance but have different characteristics).
    My initial test results are:
    PW: 9o'clock: no cock = 100yds (very little roll)
    PW: 9o'clock: full cock = 125yds (very little roll)
    LW: 9o'clock: no cock = 34yds + 6yds roll = 40yds
    LW: 7o'clock: full cock = 39yds + 1yd roll = 40yds

Again thank you,
    Charles

PS - No help on the Kryptonite ... oh well.
    Back at it.

In the Zone psniddy is on a distinguished road
    In a word "GOLF".

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zoic
    My clicking joints in my neck and shoulders. Sometimes it is so loud it sounds like a railway car clacking on my backswing.
    Tiger has this problem too, but he always blames it on someone taking picture.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faldo
    I don't think I even want to be on the same course as him....

He scares me

Trust me on this one, it is a treat to play with the bozo! Very entertaining and he is a great guy..... Plus, he cant beat ANYONE!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    consistency is my biggest issue. I will make a run of 6-7 holes at par or 1 or 2 over and then take a triple or worse. I am also a streaky putter, good when I am good and really bad when I am bad.

Also, this year, I have had a surpisingly difficult time with par 5's.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    consistency is my biggest issue. I will make a run of 6-7 holes at par or 1 or 2 over and then take a triple or worse. I am also a streaky putter, good when I am good and really bad when I am bad.

Also, this year, I have had a surpisingly difficult time with par 5's.

I feel your pain! My season in a nut shell.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    MIne is a duck hook that appers sometimes????????
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Redheads .
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    New shiny clubs.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information