CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar

59 or less for Corey Pavin

Corey Pavin at the U.S. Bank Championship in Milwaukee is 8 under in his front 9. He’s out in 26 shots. Maybe a new record in the works.

http://www.pgatour.com/players/score...2090/r029/2006

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Ouch! 12 putts through 10 holes. I'll be really curious to see if he can keep it up.

Also just noticed that he had a single 4 on the front nine as his highest score.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Pars on 10 & 11

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    One of the fiercest competitors ever. Let's see if he can do something special today. Go Corey!!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Needs to birdie 4 of the last 6. There's 2 par-5s though...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Funny stat. He's hit every green, but only 2/8 fairways...

He broke the PGA TOUR record for nine holes.

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    He broke the PGA TOUR record for nine holes.
    http://www.pgatour.com/story/9574050

Par 34 though. If I read the article correctly, is the record 9 under par?

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    He made Par on both 5's on the back nine... I blame it on his height...
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Just goes to show that you do not need to hit it 300+ to be able to score. Pavin's driving average this year is 264.6 yards. When you look at some of the holes he birdied on the front 9 he would have been hitting longer irons in than most.
    I can still remember that 4 wood he hit on 18 when he won his U.S.Open.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Shot 61... But ranks T34 for putting for the round?

"Richard"
    Has a pro oever shot under 59? I Know a few have shot a 59 (duval, anika). I remember someone posting a player who shot a 57 up in canada but it wasn't a recognized score because it was captured on camera

Quote Originally Posted by jmr73
    http://www.pgatour.com/story/9574050

Par 34 though. If I read the article correctly, is the record 9 under par?
    Quote Originally Posted by PGATOUR.COM
    One For The Ages
    Corey Pavin's 8-under 26 on his front nine at the U.S. Bank Championship in Milwaukee broke the PGA TOUR record for nine holes. He finished with a 9-under 61 on Thursday. First-round action has been suspended for the day due to inclement weather. The round will resume Friday at 8:00 a.m. ET.
    Quote from http://www.pgatour.com/ click on the link to see.

"Richard"
    I hope he doesn't play as well tomorrow. Arjun atwal is at 64, 3 shots back. Fellow country man!!! LETS GO BABY!!!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    I hope he doesn't play as well tomorrow. Arjun atwal is at 64, 3 shots back. Fellow country man!!! LETS GO BABY!!!
    I want them both to do well, I picked both of them in the Fantasy Pool this week
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Has a pro oever shot under 59? I Know a few have shot a 59 (duval, anika). I remember someone posting a player who shot a 57 up in canada but it wasn't a recognized score because it was captured on camera
    Here is what you wanted to know thotho Your 59 for 9 holes does not count

Shigeki Maruyama of Japan took golf's magic number one notch lower today by shooting a 58 (29-29) in the first round of 36-hole sectional qualifying for the U.S. Open.

Maruyama's 58 is the lowest score in U.S. Open sectional qualifying since it began in 1924.The score will not be recognized as a PGA Tour record because it happened in a qualifying round, but it was more than enough to earn Maruyama a spot in the 100th U.S. Open next week at Pebble Beach Golf Links in Pebble Beach, Calif.

Maruyama had 11 birdies and an eagle on the 6,539-yard, par-71 South course at Woodmont Country Club, one of 12 qualifying sites for next week's U.S. Open

The lowest score in tour history is a 59 set by five players -- David Duval, Chip Beck, Al Geiberger on the PGA Tour; and Doug Dunakey and Notah Begay on the Nike Tour, which is now called the Buy.com Tour. Plus Anika's on the LPGA.

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    Quote from http://www.pgatour.com/ click on the link to see.
    But from my link....

"Mike Souchak (1955), North (1975), Billy Mayfair (2001) and Gamez (2004) all equaled the mark, but Mayfair and Gamez both made the turn at 9 under. "

Doesn't that mean that the record is 9 under? Or was Paven's record the 26 compared to the other two players 27 (9 under a par 36)?

"Richard"
    Its amazing that a pro could shoot a 59 on a 7000yard+ course and I sometimes can't even break 60 on the front nine after being out all night boozing. I guess that means they are only two times better than me when I'm drunk so really if I just practice twice as hard and take double the lessons and play twice as many rounds I'll be just as good as them

Its amazing that a pro could shoot a 59 on a 7000yard+ course and I sometimes can't even break 60 on the front nine after being out all night boozing. I guess that means they are only two times better than me when I'm drunk so really if I just practice twice as hard and take double the lessons and play twice as many rounds I'll be just as good as them
    Depe, ever think that maybe the 'boozing' has nothing to do with the bad scores?

Just food for thought!

Quote Originally Posted by jmr73
    But from my link....

"Mike Souchak (1955), North (1975), Billy Mayfair (2001) and Gamez (2004) all equaled the mark, but Mayfair and Gamez both made the turn at 9 under. "

Doesn't that mean that the record is 9 under? Or was Paven's record the 26 compared to the other two players 27 (9 under a par 36)?
    I think we are talking about two different records. You’re talking about the lowest sub-par 9 holes and Paven broke the lowest 9 hole registered score. VJ was the record holder (or shared the record) at 27. Paven made the turn at 26.

I do agree that 9 under is more impressive then Paven’s 26 but impressive none the less.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    Just goes to show that you do not need to hit it 300+ to be able to score. Pavin's driving average this year is 264.6 yards. When you look at some of the holes he birdied on the front 9 he would have been hitting longer irons in than most.
    I can still remember that 4 wood he hit on 18 when he won his U.S.Open.
    He is playing on a 6700y course this week. This makes him 400+ yards longer off the tee compared to regular length courses they usually play on.

Driver overswing is on a distinguished road overswing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    Here is what you wanted to know thotho Your 59 for 9 holes does not count

Shigeki Maruyama of Japan took golf's magic number one notch lower today by shooting a 58 (29-29) in the first round of 36-hole sectional qualifying for the U.S. Open.

Maruyama's 58 is the lowest score in U.S. Open sectional qualifying since it began in 1924.The score will not be recognized as a PGA Tour record because it happened in a qualifying round, but it was more than enough to earn Maruyama a spot in the 100th U.S. Open next week at Pebble Beach Golf Links in Pebble Beach, Calif.

Maruyama had 11 birdies and an eagle on the 6,539-yard, par-71 South course at Woodmont Country Club, one of 12 qualifying sites for next week's U.S. Open

The lowest score in tour history is a 59 set by five players -- David Duval, Chip Beck, Al Geiberger on the PGA Tour; and Doug Dunakey and Notah Begay on the Nike Tour, which is now called the Buy.com Tour. Plus Anika's on the LPGA.
    and jasons gores 59 on sunday of some nationwide event last year.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    altohugh I am sure to be in the minority here, I have to say that I'm glad to see him NOT pull off the sub 60 round...NOT A FAN.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Pavin Wins Again

Well it took Corey Pavin ten years to get back into the winners circle but he made it back today. He lead the U.S. Bank Championship from wire to wire and finished at -20. Some of his shotmaking was really fun to watch today. One shot I loved was a little sawed off 5 iron on a 164 yard par 3, which he birdied. His hole out for eagle on the 436 yard 8th was a great shot.
    Sure this was not a long course by tour standards, at 6759 yds. However it goes to show that guys like us who only hit it 260 off the tee can still score, if we work on our iron games! Plus putting and chipping.
    I for one am happy that Pavin won again. His shotmaking has always been fun to watch.

Makes me happy, I had him in the fantasy golf pool

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Nice to see Corey win after 10 years although it would of been nice also if Wisconsin native Jerry Kelly could of had a huge final round to pull out the win.
    Huge Ryder Cup points for Kelly and Sluman also.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Hey Indio Nice Win this week on the OG Fantasy League.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Funny how I just read on a blog that corey last won the same tourney 20 years ago and won 72K.
    His last win was 10 years ago in 96.
    This win is 10 years after last win, and exactly ten times what he won in same tourney, 750K,
    Weird.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Thread Information