CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Birdie EO26 is on a distinguished road

Best Club to be a member at.

I'm already thinking about the 2007 season and becoming a member at a club. Any club to recommend ?

Based on the course, membership fee, the facility, services, how crowded the place gets, early tee off privileges...

Out of Bounds chipandput is on a distinguished road chipandput's Avatar

Emerald Links would be my choice.

Great 27 holes course at a great price if you live close.

Quote Originally Posted by EO26
    I'm already thinking about the 2007 season and becoming a member at a club. Any club to recommend ?

Based on the course, membership fee, the facility, services, how crowded the place gets, early tee off privileges...

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar
    I have seriously been thinking the same for the 2007 season as well, and I am really leaning towards Emerald Links too. I need reassurance that I will get half decent tee times though.

Anyone a member there.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Most clubs offer advanced tee times to their members. At Mountain Creek we get 4 days advanced where the paying public only gets three. Some courses offer more of an advanced than others. Call the course to find out.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    The Hylands! Best deal in the city. All it takes is a quick trip to 66 Slater Street and you can be a member in no time! Serve your country and get cheap golf....what more do you want?!

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zoic
    I have seriously been thinking the same for the 2007 season as well, and I am really leaning towards Emerald Links too. I need reassurance that I will get half decent tee times though.

Anyone a member there.
    I don't know about membership, but, (touch wood) I have never gone there without booking and had to wait more than half an hour to tee off. My favourite course. sofar

Posting Sensei doglezard is on a distinguished road doglezard's Avatar

best course

have to agree with Denny HYLANDS is the best course in the region

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    The Hylands! Best deal in the city. All it takes is a quick trip to 66 Slater Street and you can be a member in no time! Serve your country and get cheap golf....what more do you want?!
    Thats where i would be,if i wasnt a low life cavilian
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar
    I miss Hylands so bad since moving to Montreal, damn career mingler and their postings.....
    Claude

Doesn't St Jean have a course?

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar
    Nope, all they have is like NDHQ golf thing where you have to hunt the guy who has the tickets to get one. Vallee des Forts is not bad but I live in St-Hubert so far to drive when I already have to drive there all week long. The Cerf in Longueuil is really nice for a municipal course and it is 5 min from my house (king of emerald links but with 36 holes) No membership there though but they sell 60 pre-paid games for a good price and they have intersectionals and course championship so I am thinking about buying 60 games for there.
    Claude

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by doglezard
    In my opinion the only issue with Hylands is getting tee times on the weekends, unless you want to play early bird then it is not a problem. Although they have 36 holes, they have lots of members (1500 or so last I heard) and it can be tough to get a tee time in the morning on the weekends. If you are patient they do have a call in number that you can book a few days in advance. Other than that, I agree with the other sentiments here, it is a great place to play, very good practice facility too.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    In my opinion the only issue with Hylands is getting tee times on the weekends, unless you want to play early bird then it is not a problem. Although they have 36 holes, they have lots of members (1500 or so last I heard) and it can be tough to get a tee time in the morning on the weekends. If you are patient they do have a call in number that you can book a few days in advance. Other than that, I agree with the other sentiments here, it is a great place to play, very good practice facility too.
    Can't argue with that! The weekends can be a real pain, I have had to play early bird to get my rounds in this year. The main isue is that they do have over 1500 members and it is at approx 80% usage. That's a lot of golf.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by challengegolf
    I miss Hylands so bad since moving to Montreal, damn career mingler and their postings.....
    Claude
    Same here... I miss it so much. I used to love those early birds rounds... But eh.. next summer, back in Ottawa
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Gap Wedge shotpar is on a distinguished road shotpar's Avatar

Emerald Links.

I am a first time member this year and it is at Emerald Links.
    I could not have picked a better place.

I am only a weekday member and get out religiously twice a week,
    and have never had a problem. We can book 10 days in advance.
    Nice little perks too.

Can't go wrong.
    You can never golf too much. What was that dear? Oh okay. Maybe you can.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Frankly I think the best membership around is Reservation Masters (did I just say that I dont' want others competiting for my spots )

Seriously though.I played Manderly 4 times in April back to back I got sick of it. Same for say Metcalfe. Unless you join one for social reasons I think the best bet is playing different ones. I"ve played over 65 games this year and not fed up... Try playing 65 rounds at any 1 course... It would get old.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Renfrew for me. value, conditions, admin, pro shop= best. I've been a member 6 years now and am not tired of it at all.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Reservation Masters.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Just got back from the "Frew" and it is got to be the course to join--it is in immaculate condition. I have to agree with "dh" as far a being a member at one club--I have to go with Executive Golf : been with them from the start--next year might take out 2 memberships. I am gunning for 70 plus this year--looks like I will make it

"Richard"
    Glem mar or Mile high

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doglezard
    Unfortunately if your not military then the waiting list is approximately 300 (civilian)people which should turn out to about a 10 - 15 yr wait! But for just under $2000 membership you get practice facility 2 18 hole courses, and practice hole to use on the otherside of the north! So it is pretty much worth it but I'll just stick to playing with my father, thanks the extremely long wait!

But since I am with corporate golf, I will stay with them but still might look for a little course to have a membership with that I can play when I can't get the bookings that I want with Corporate! As well I will get the benefits of have a true indexed handicap, and will be able to enter some tourney's next year!!!

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Are Private courses out of the picture? If not, I'd recommend Rivermead. I used to be a member there and in my opinion is the best private club in the area. I liked it better than Hunt Club because I think the club house at The Hunt feels like a community centre and has the looks of it too. I'm not a huge fan of Royal Ottawa because the course conditions aren't as good as Rivermead. The chefs at Rivermead are also a cut above the rest.

If you are only talking public courses, I'd say Renfrew is a great place or Eagle Creek.

It all depends on how much you want to spend and how important the conditions or course type you are looking for.

3 Wood lastplace is on a distinguished road
    If I could afford it, I'd play out of either Rideau View or the Mead. Both incredible courses with top notch pros and facilities. There are a lot of great players at both courses and they are not overly busy. However, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lastplace
    If I could afford it, I'd play out of either Rideau View or the Mead. Both incredible courses with top notch pros and facilities. There are a lot of great players at both courses and they are not overly busy. However, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    You mean you wouldn't recommend your home course???
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

3 Wood lastplace is on a distinguished road
    Love the Outaouais, but it is really busy. In terms of calibre of course /dollars paid, the Outaouais is great. It is a real value and having 27 holes has reduced the traffic problem.
    However, I'd definately take the Mead or Rideau View over my home course.

[QUOTE=OutOfTheRough]Unfortunately if your not military then the waiting list is approximately 300 (civilian)people which should turn out to about a 10 - 15 yr wait! /QUOTE]

Well it is a military course! If you want to be a member without the waiting lists, 66 Slater St will get you automatic membership.
    Last edited by dbleber; 07-27-2006 at 08:31 AM.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    After winning a one year membership at the Canadian i can only say good things about it.Very nice club house and the staff are second to none, lots of marshalls not too pricey. The only down side is that its 50 min. away from my place.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    The determination of where it is best to be a member depends on a lot of things. If money is no object, then a number of obvious courses jump to the top of the list. On the other hand, if money is an object, then there are very few economical courses around especially those that don't charge a non-refundable initiation fee. I believe that I happen to play at one of those courses, namely: Manderley. Before you start groaning, hear me out. The cost is very reasonable. More than that, the 27holes present the player with a variety of shots. I rarely play a round from the blues or the whites for that matter, when I don't use every club in the bag. The holes are, for the most part, well designed and the greens are always in good shape. As well, the folks who own the course and their staff and my fellow members are friendly and accommodating. And most importantly, I can always secure an ideal tee time each and every weekend. As if that were not enough, the each divisional winner in the club championship benefits from a reduction in their next year's membership dues. I could ask for nothing more.

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar
    If you are under 30 and are considering joining a Private course, my advice... Do it! Most courses offer Intermediate memberships where you either pay no initiation or an initiation at a reduced rate. You have full playing privs.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dasnutz
    If you are under 30 and are considering joining a Private course, my advice... Do it! Most courses offer Intermediate memberships where you either pay no initiation or an initiation at a reduced rate. You have full playing privs.
    Rivermead is like that. You pay the initiation but it's split up over however many years you have until you are 32 I believe. There are some time restrictions with the intermediate membership though, but not too bad.

Thread Information