CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer
    Are you still a member?
    I left after 17 years of membership at Outaouais and joined Rivermead in 1980. I enjoyed my time at Outaouais, made a lot of golfng friends there, some of whom I still play with almost every week, even 35 years later. Passed through Carleton G &YC (7 years), Mississippi (12 years) and now Greensmere(5 years). Time to settle down.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    I left after 17 years of membership at Outaouais and joined Rivermead in 1980. I enjoyed my time at Outaouais, made a lot of golfng friends there, some of whom I still play with almost every week, even 35 years later. Passed through Carleton G &YC (7 years), Mississippi (12 years) and now Greensmere(5 years). Time to settle down.
    Very nice. Makes perfect sense too since you're so close to the course.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    What are other benefits for being a member at clubs? We were joined by a member at Outaouais last year, he mentioned there's the Wednesday men's league. You get assigned to play with different four-some every week, at the end of the year there's a major tournament and winners get cash or reduce annual fees etc. The gentleman mentioned he'll also get good deal for his daughter's wedding there. I guess it's more social activities than just golf.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldred
    What are other benefits for being a member at clubs? We were joined by a member at Outaouais last year, he mentioned there's the Wednesday men's league. You get assigned to play with different four-some every week, at the end of the year there's a major tournament and winners get cash or reduce annual fees etc. The gentleman mentioned he'll also get good deal for his daughter's wedding there. I guess it's more social activities than just golf.
    Many benefits, some of which you've mentioned. If you find a course you won't get bored of, being a member is a very good experience in general. The atmosphere is always great.

Thread Information