CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

Yardage/club question

I can't decide between a few clubs for the last opening in my bag. I go from 10.5 driver to a 21* CFT hybrid. I was thinking of picking up a 3w at 15*, a 4w at 17* or another utility club at 14*. If I buy the hybrid it will be a steel shaft. If I buy either the 3w or 4w then I will buy it in graphite. Here is my problem, I'm still unable to hit either off the fairway so it would almost strictly be a club for off the tee use until I can learn to hit it properly. I was leaning towards the 4w because its a little more loft than the 3w and the distance loss because of the loft and the 1/2 inch shorter shaft wouldn't be much but an OG memeber has offered me a sweet deal on the hybrid which is almost to good to pass up... what are your thoughts? How far would a 14* hybrid go vs a 15* 3w or a 17* 4w? thanks

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Have you acurately measured your shots with each club in your bag? Any gaps? Fill the gaps in your bag. It should be more about collecting a sequence of clubs that give you 10- 15 yards between each stick than collecting clubs that were a good deal.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Have you acurately measured your shots with each club in your bag? Any gaps? Fill the gaps in your bag. It should be more about collecting a sequence of clubs that give you 10- 15 yards between each stick than collecting clubs that were a good deal.
    Agreed 100%.

Buying it because it's a good deal is something a woman would tell you when she got home from shopping to justify her 4 pairs of shoes.

"Richard"
    There are no gaps in my bag right now other than between my Driver and my 3u. 10.5* and 21*

So the question is, do I want my club to be 15 yards longer than my 3u or 15 yards shorter than my driver? Which ever way I do it, there is still going to be a gap. Maybe I should just get the 14* hybrid and if I don't like it I'm sure geoff will pay me double for it

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    There are no gaps in my bag right now other than between my Driver and my 3u. 10.5* and 21*

So the question is, do I want my club to be 15 yards longer than my 3u or 15 yards shorter than my driver? Which ever way I do it, there is still going to be a gap. Maybe I should just get the 14* hybrid and if I don't like it I'm sure geoff will pay me double for it
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! Good point. You should get whatever club then, and sell it to Geoff for double.

3 Wood lastplace is on a distinguished road
    I would go with a 4 wood and leave the gap between it and your hybrid. you can always choke down on the 4 dog for those in-between shots. Go with whatever you hit straightest. I did that and it has worked nicely.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Buy the wood and the hybrid, and drop the driver . It's almost certainly the best way to improve your scores.

Thread Information