100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

something crazy happened at the driving range today!!!!

As I'm getting out of my car today at the docs (driving range in towntown toronto) a man asks me if I want to buy some golf balls so I say.. sure. Its something you always need and if you get a good deal you buy as many as you can carry because you will also run out and need more eventually. So I look in his trunk and its FULL of golf balls in zip lock bags (packs of 12). SO i tell him, I'm going to go to the ATM and get some money, think of some really good prices.

We didn't end up doing price per dozen but I just picked out dozen of these, a dozen of those and in the end this is what I got for $100 total..golfotwn price is on the left (don't forget to add tax )

1dzn hogan tour deep - $54.95
    1dzn hogan hawks - $32.95
    1dz Callaway big bertha- $24.95
    1dz noodle long soft - - $19.95
    1dz wilson tx4 - $44.95
    2dzn HP tour - can't find the price
    2dzn HP2 - can't find the price
    2dzn HVC distance - can't find the price

Anyone know what the last 3 are worth?? I can't find them on the GT website.

These things are in awesome condition, no scuffs, no cuts.

So in total right now, I have 144 balls here in toronto (listed above)

and in ottawa I have 120 various golf balls bought on this site along with 4 boxes of noodle long and softs, 1 dz pro v 1's and 2 taylor made TP balls (not boxes, but two singles) for a total of 182 golf balls in ottawa in AAA condition. I don't imagine having to buy golf balls for the next 5 years!!!!! What a wicked score!

3 Wood mcnorth is on a distinguished road mcnorth's Avatar
    The same thing happened to me except the guy asked me if I wanted to buy an o.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Albatross TourIQ is on a distinguished road TourIQ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    1dzn hogan tour deep - $54.95
    1dzn hogan hawks - $32.95
    1dz Callaway big bertha- $24.95
    1dz noodle long soft - - $19.95
    1dz wilson tx4 - $44.95
    2dzn HP tour - can't find the price
    2dzn HP2 - can't find the price
    2dzn HVC distance - can't find the price
    Hi thotho

Why wouldn't you play just 1 model of ball, then you will know how far you hit each club, and you will know its spin characteristic around the green. Changing balls every few rounds doesn't sound like a logical way to plan improvement in your game

Now if you want to do golf ball evaluations to pick out your optimized ball, then you are well down the right road
    Kind regards, Harry

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Funny...I saw the title of this thread and thought for a second you were going to say you hit the ball straight.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    Funny...I saw the title of this thread and thought for a second you were going to say you hit the ball straight.
    I was thinking that exact same thing
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Same thing happened to me once, but the guy was selling crack
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

5 Iron iyell4 is on a distinguished road iyell4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    Same thing happened to me once, but the guy was selling crack
    samething happened to me 'cept the dude was selling speakers.

I never gave much thought to balls, but it makes sense to play the same ball brand/model ..
    to reduce an input variable in the formulae for a good golf shot.

"Richard"
    I'm not good enough to see the difference between a good ball and an OK ball, but I acn tell the dif between a bad ball and a high end ball

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnorth
    The same thing happened to me except the guy asked me if I wanted to buy an o.
    pssssst...pssssst...did you buy the o? I really need an o.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    ROFLMAO..... jon, that wouldn't have been crazy, that would have been a miracle!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I used to represent fellows who sold things out of the back of their cars. Usually it was TVs, VCRs and the like. Most of them made these sales in the parking lot of the tavern. A few of them ended up in jail together with the purchasers. Do you suppose that they've now changed their MO or are that these fellows are simply kindred spirits? It may be all legit, but I'd be careful that these are not simply stolen balls. Did the balls looked used? If not, you should be worried, especially if the vendor was looking lovingly at your clubs!

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    If the balls were "hot" then I guess you wouldn't have to microwave them.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    OK guys--just got back from Cambridge and it looks like I missed a few things. First of all I will never play with "thotho"----he cant add!!!! Check out his purchase of 12 doz balls--I can only find 11. Who adds his score on the course? Dan-maybe you beat him more than you thought last week-sorry I missed it

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare
    I used to represent fellows who sold things out of the back of their cars. Usually it was TVs, VCRs and the like. Most of them made these sales in the parking lot of the tavern. A few of them ended up in jail together with the purchasers. Do you suppose that they've now changed their MO or are that these fellows are simply kindred spirits? It may be all legit, but I'd be careful that these are not simply stolen balls. Did the balls looked used? If not, you should be worried, especially if the vendor was looking lovingly at your clubs!
    Hey mike, the balls looked pretty new to me but used balls I've bought in the past looked pretty new. Some of the balls had scuffs and cuts but I didn' take those ones... maybe they are stolen but then why not just sell them in the box... he would probably get more for them that way.

"Richard"
    Oh big mac, I bought a box of Brigestone E6 golf balls as well. Forgot to add them to the list :S YOu will play with me and you will love it!!!! Where thotho guys the cart girls come

Quote Originally Posted by big mac
    OK guys--just got back from Cambridge and it looks like I missed a few things. First of all I will never play with "thotho"----he cant add!!!! Check out his purchase of 12 doz balls--I can only find 11. Who adds his score on the course? Dan-maybe you beat him more than you thought last week-sorry I missed it

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Where thotho guys the cart girls come

Ahem, scuse me but dont you remember the day we played at MC.... we never saw the cart girl all day, she avoided us like the plague! Oh wait, maybe that was because of me!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Where thotho guys the cart girls come
    I seem to recall there were cart girls aplenty during our round at the Canadian...you just never got up the nerve to go over and talk to them.

"Richard"
    you were to worried about your score, I told birdie man that I was going to play the canadian again that week and hit on her... and I did with much sucess. I'm not stupid, not going to hit on her infront of you guys and if I get shot down have it apear all over the board Waitresses, bar tenders, shooter girls and cart girls... easy pickings (not to generalize or offend anyway, theres always the exception to the rule)

Haha...doesn't sound like a man who's confident in his abilities. "better wait til nobody else is watching."

"Richard"
    tiger is the best golfer in the world, but he doesn't win every time. Why hit on a girl when one of the guys you are with (birdieman) is talking loudly about her physical atributes and her thing

Confidence is no problem on this end. Just didn't want to get shut down (it happens, and I move onto the next girl) infront of people who would never let me live it down on this board But ok, you are on. Next time I'm in town I'll pick up the cart girl for you (well for me, but for you to witness). I just need to play the course one day before I play with you so she recognizes me and makes for easier convo. I have a game plan when it comes to stuff like this

He doesn't win every time, but whenever he loses, he does so publicly

To quote Seinfeld: "If only you could put your mind to something worthwhile. You're like Lex Luthor." although, I can't really think of anything more worthwhile.

Thread Information