100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Iron FrankoSport is on a distinguished road

Post The Fed Ex Cup Playoffs We Will NOT Be Seeing

Greetings ....

In 2007, they tell us that we will be seeing the Fed Ex Cup Playoffs conducted as a four-week four-event stroke play affair.

Have any of you speculated on the fact that we will NOT be seeing the Fed Ex Cup playoffs conducted as a one-week one-event match play affair?

I'm sure that upon seeing the words "one-week one-event match play affair" you would realize, as I have, that the PGA Tour probably considered that idea, but then shied away from it, out of fear that the Top Players (IE, likes of Woods, Mickelson, Singh, etc.) would get knocked out early.

Still, the very thought of such a match play playoff intrigued me enough to actually work out fantasy scenarios for a 32-player playoff series in 2003, 2004 and 2005. And I'll be adding a 2006 fantasy scenario when this PGA Tour season is done.

Here's the essential web-link »» Fantasy PGA Tour Playoffs

You'll first get very specific details on how the playoff setup works, then you can view the results for 2003, 2004, 2005 and (when available) 2006.

Regarding 2006, I have an interesting idea. By the Monday before this year's Tour Championship, we'll know who the Top 32 Leading Money Winners are. I plan to conduct a poll - from that Monday thru late Saturday - where you get to choose how each of the 32 would finish in a match play version of the Tour Championship. The votes will be tallied up based on a specific formula, and when that's done, both you and I will know how the 2006 fantasy playoffs turn out.

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Sport
    Last edited by FrankoSport; 07-14-2006 at 09:23 AM.

Thread Information