100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack
    I just try to remember how polite (or impolite / ignorant) I was when I was 16 and then alot of this sort of stuff makes sense...
    Yes but you were not in the media spotlight when you were 16. She is, she needs to learn how to handle herself on camera. Woods did, so have other young sports stars.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    Yes but you were not in the media spotlight when you were 16. She is, she needs to learn how to handle herself on camera. Woods did, so have other young sports stars.
    Oh I don't know about that. As much as I love Tiger he has had a lot of media problems. With his F bombs and his tantrums.

Albatross TourIQ is on a distinguished road TourIQ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark
    My question. What is the OGN Forum agreement for her 'age' no longer being an excuse. I understand her defenders keep saying "she's only 16!" Will "She's only 18!" be ok?
    21? Just trying to establish some ground rules here?
    Hi sharkhark

Age is a non issue once you turn pro and deposit the cheque for $10 million.

Her driving distance at the John Deere was 27 yards short of the media hype.

I'm tired of the circus show and her misguided and cash hungry parents and inner circle.
    In the end she is being exploited, which may limit her true potential for greatness.

If they want to give sponsor exemptions to the ladies then pass them around to the other girls.
    Kind regards, Harry

Quote Originally Posted by jbrace
    I caught that quote too and laughed my butt off She kinda contridicted herself too because right before that, when asked what happened, she said something like "It was just bad shot after bad shot". Then she goes "Yeah I had a lot of bad luck out there..." Which one was it???
    Hi brace

In the past Bj would just 'fire' the caddie for MW's poor shotmaking.
    They are starting to run out of excuses.

Furthermore, if she was my kid I would NOT let David Leadbetter even comment on her development or offer guideance.
    Kind regards, Harry

Mike Weir can be 2 shots back of the leader and the US Networks will not even show him!
    Ain't that the truth Golfbum ... hfs
    Kind regards, Harry

[quote=TourIQ]Hi sharkhark

Age is a non issue once you turn pro and deposit the cheque for $10 million.

Her driving distance at the John Deere was 27 yards short of the media hype.

I'm tired of the circus show and her misguided and cash hungry parents and inner circle.
    In the end she is being exploited, which may limit her true potential for greatness.

If they want to give sponsor exemptions to the ladies then pass them around to the other girls.[/quote]

Good Points Harry. Did Annika not get an exemption? I believe she did! She missed the cut, and was smart enough to realize she could not compete against the men. Now there is a pro lady golf who has numerous LPGA wins, 10 Majors to her name and she has enough knowledge to know she can not compete against the men.

Someone else and her "HANDLERS" need to clue in.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Whether it is Michelle Wie, American Idol or the like, I enjoy watching kids change and improve. Michelle is a better golfer today than she was last year, and was better last year than the year before and what her limit will be will make for an interesting few years.

While she is definitely over exposed by the media, we are watching history in the making, as we did with Tiger, even though she has chosen to take a different route than the traditional, and breaking from tradition is something many obviously cannot handle. Her finishing positions in the LPGA majors are outstanding, inspite of the lack of wins. The courses for the majors are obviously a lot more difficult than the weekly LPGA venues so it is more likely than she would do better(win) if she could compete week in and week out on the LPGA Tour. However, she cannot. So, she seeks other opportunities to play.

While most of you see her results outside the LPGA Tour as failures, I see them as experiences from which she has learned, from which she has improved and the sum total of these will make her much better, long term.

A basic understanding of human development shows that at 16, she is not yet completely physically mature, inspite of the adult appearance, certainly not emotionally or mentally mature, as evidenced by some of the things she says. Thrusting a child into an adult world, without the kind of checks and balances that Tiger received from his parents, slows down some of the maturity necessary to be what some of you feel she should be at 16. Stop looking solely at the scores and see the change. Project this evolution down the road 10 years or so, and see that it is conceivable that she could dominate the LPGA Tour like no-one had dominated any tour in history, and may even be able to make a cut or two on the PGA Tour.

Time to give the kid a break.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    How about having some understanding of your playing partners as well. She realized she was feeling bad, medical staff said to stop, she alone decided to keep going.
    The result?
    Her group was put on the clock, twice. Her playing partner Gove desperately trying to make the cut had people taking pictures of her sitting on her bag, in the middle of him putting. He had to tell the reporters "that other people are still putting".
    He missed the cut by the way.
    She should have gone off when it was recommended.
    If her parents are so worried about her (they're not, she is a meal ticket) then they should have listened to medical advice.
    What parent goes against a doctor on their childs health. Especially if as wielovers say "she's only 16". Then she is too young to decide things like that herself.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    Is it just me or did her hips look really wide in comparison to her waist????
    I have no idea what this means.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

How about having some understanding of your playing partners as well. She realized she was feeling bad, medical staff said to stop, she alone decided to keep going.
    The result?
    Her group was put on the clock, twice. Her playing partner Gove desperately trying to make the cut had people taking pictures of her sitting on her bag, in the middle of him putting. He had to tell the reporters "that other people are still putting".
    He missed the cut by the way.
    She should have gone off when it was recommended.
    If her parents are so worried about her (they're not, she is a meal ticket) then they should have listened to medical advice.
    What parent goes against a doctor on their childs health. Especially if as wielovers say "she's only 16". Then she is too young to decide things like that herself.
    She's criticized either way. If she quits immediately we call her a wimp. She tries to gut it out, literally, and we call her inconsiderate. Another no win situation. She likely should have quit earlier. Wonder what this board woulda said about that... hmm.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    She's criticized either way. If she quits immediately we call her a wimp. She tries to gut it out, literally, and we call her inconsiderate. Another no win situation. She likely should have quit earlier. Wonder what this board woulda said about that... hmm.
    I agree, she's darned if she does and she's darned if she doesn't. If she made the cut a lot of people would probably say. "well, look at the strength of the field....".

Nobody ragged on David Toms when he had to withdraw after suffering heart palpitations.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    Whether it is Michelle Wie, American Idol or the like, I enjoy watching kids change and improve. Michelle is a better golfer today than she was last year, and was better last year than the year before and what her limit will be will make for an interesting few years.

While she is definitely over exposed by the media, we are watching history in the making, as we did with Tiger, even though she has chosen to take a different route than the traditional, and breaking from tradition is something many obviously cannot handle. Her finishing positions in the LPGA majors are outstanding, inspite of the lack of wins. The courses for the majors are obviously a lot more difficult than the weekly LPGA venues so it is more likely than she would do better(win) if she could compete week in and week out on the LPGA Tour. However, she cannot. So, she seeks other opportunities to play.

While most of you see her results outside the LPGA Tour as failures, I see them as experiences from which she has learned, from which she has improved and the sum total of these will make her much better, long term.

A basic understanding of human development shows that at 16, she is not yet completely physically mature, inspite of the adult appearance, certainly not emotionally or mentally mature, as evidenced by some of the things she says. Thrusting a child into an adult world, without the kind of checks and balances that Tiger received from his parents, slows down some of the maturity necessary to be what some of you feel she should be at 16. Stop looking solely at the scores and see the change. Project this evolution down the road 10 years or so, and see that it is conceivable that she could dominate the LPGA Tour like no-one had dominated any tour in history, and may even be able to make a cut or two on the PGA Tour.

Time to give the kid a break.
    BC_MIST .............. Solid!

A pleasure reading this post.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    I don't know what thotho means either 3jack, but I think Thotho that her hips are wider because she is a GIRL
    I have no idea what this means.

Sand Wedge kontesto is on a distinguished road
    It was the pants she had to wear instead of her normal skirt

All things considered she's doing a pretty good job.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by little brit
    I don't know what thotho means either 3jack, but I think Thotho that her hips are wider because she is a GIRL
    An odd post nonetheless...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zhangtony
    basically I am not any fan of the golf players except Wie. her swing
    is perfect. I mean, her golf talent is greatest in this world. maybe
    you don't believe what I said.
    So the greatest talent in this world, with the perfect swing still hasn't done anything with the sponsor's exemptions she was handed. I guess all those less talented guys like Woods & Mickelson are just getting lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by zhangtony
    However I spent half a year to do
    research the golf swing.
    Many people spend a whole lifetime doing this.

Yes, but this is a good thing.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    I think Wie and Gulbis should get together and compare waist sizes.
    Then while there at it, can discuss various ways to have a successful financial career while avoiding a 'win' at an event.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Lob Wedge kennedyk is on a distinguished road

gulbis and wie

do you seriously think neither wie nor gulbis will win on the LPGA tour? They are both very young and not everyone wins right away. Look how long it took phil to win a major.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    I think Wie and Gulbis should get together and compare waist sizes.
    I'd watch that!

I think we should move on to the real golf world this week, THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP. That's goollfffff.

Thread Information