Rez' reply in another thread has given me an idea. Its a little late in the season now, but maybe an idea for next year. Not to be an official website event, but what about a match play tourney. Open to say 32 players. Limited to courses within a half hour drive of Ottawa (seeing that most members are actually from the Ottawa core area). I'd look after it. Say there is a sign up date. The first 32 to enter with legit caps (either via the OG site or their home club) get in. Want to limit the number so it doesn't drag out for the whole season. No entry fee, no prizes. Just for bragging rights. After the sign up, we'll assign a seeding based on caps. Then we'll sort players into a tourney bracket (#1 plays #32 and so on). The two players arrange to meet at any course and play. They report the results to me and the tourney progresses throughout the season. And when the last match is played the winner will have some bragging rights. Now I know there are lots of players that won't be able to compete, so by no means is this serious. Just a fun little event to get some people into the competitive spirit. LMK what you all think. Could be something I'll work on.