CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    This is why I mark my golf balls with some relatively obnoxious blue dots.

BTW it's possible to see my blue dots when the ball is in someone's back yard.

2 Iron KenB is on a distinguished road KenB's Avatar
    So, if the ball was marked clearly with his own sharpie and he could positivly identify it in the gutter on the shed in bounds etc etc etc, What would the rule be?

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB
    So, if the ball was marked clearly with his own sharpie and he could positivly identify it in the gutter on the shed in bounds etc etc etc, What would the rule be?
    I think this would be an unplayable because it can be positively identified.
    What's at issue is whether a pre-stamped company logo can be considered proof positive that it's your ball. I sure hope so because I don't want to have to mark up my Dora balls.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Unplayable lie. Drop within 2 clublengths no closer to the hole, or back on a line drawn through the ball and the flag, or return to where the shot was played if neither of the other two options works out.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I put a blue dot under the Strata logo with a sharpie when I put balls in my bag. It's no big deal and it saves a lot of grief.

England Golf Referee AAA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB
    He would be entitled to relief from an Immovable Obstruction. Rule 24-2.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    OKay this is stretching it but what if upon seeing my Dora logo'd ball on the roof of the shed one of my FC's says "but how can you be sure it's your Dora ball? Could be anyone's, Dora is very popular you know"
    After I club the guy like a baby seal, is this then considered a lost ball because the guy disputes it?

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    OKay this is stretching it but what if upon seeing my Dora logo'd ball on the roof of the shed one of my FC's says "but how can you be sure it's your Dora ball? Could be anyone's, Dora is very popular you know"
    After I club the guy like a baby seal, is this then considered a lost ball because the guy disputes it?
    At some point common sense must prevail. If it a Dora ball, of the same brand, and same number it is reasonable to say it is yours.

Case in point, I have found many balls (usually ProV1s) marked with three black dots near the number. I doubt they are all the same golfer's.

BTW, no penalty for clubbing the guy. Those count as practice swings.

Golf is a game of honour. Are you sure it is yours?

I would say - If you are, it is.
    Last edited by AAA; 07-12-2006 at 05:12 PM.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    heck, they convict people of crimes and put them in jail based on "beyond a reasonable doubt"....

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    Wooo, look what I started here When I said it was clearly MY Titleist is because I was playing one with a PM Tournament logo on it and that's what I could see of the ball on the roof.

We started by looking around the shed because the roof is in an angle, chances are the ball would bounce on it and drop on the ground. We were not 100% positive of the ball location because there were some trees in front of the shed that obstructed our view.

Even if I would of marked my ball with my initials for exemple, nothing tells me that my initials wouldn't have been face down in the gut. Since I play with logo balls (ask LeftyLucas, bought em from him ), what are the odds of finding another Titleist DT Solo with the same logo as the one you just hit in the same area of your last shot...

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick
    what are the odds of finding another Titleist DT Solo with the same logo as the one you just hit in the same area of your last shot...
    Astronomical.
    But my question is, what if an FC contests this saying there are many balls with that logo even though common sense tells us it's your ball.
    I'm just wondering what the 'offical" ruling would be.

Astronomical.
    But my question is, what if an FC contests this saying there are many balls with that logo even though common sense tells us it's your ball.
    I'm just wondering what the 'offical" ruling would be.
    Perhaps this helps.

12-2/1 Identifying Ball by Brand and Number Only

Q. In the area in which his ball presumably came to rest, a player finds a ball of the same brand and identification number as the ball he is playing. The player assumes it is his ball, even though it does not carry an identification mark as suggested in Rule 12-2, and plays it. Should the player be considered to have played a wrong ball?

A. No, unless (1) there is reasonable evidence that, because of the ball’s condition, it is not the player’s ball or (2) subsequently it is established that another ball of the same brand and identification number was lying in the area at the time the player played and either ball, from a condition standpoint, could be the player’s ball.

That does help, thank you.

7 Wood dan_670_12 is on a distinguished road dan_670_12's Avatar
    some courses the cart shed is a free drop

Quote Originally Posted by dan_670_12
    some courses the cart shed is a free drop
    If it was not declared to be an integral part of the course he would be entitled to relief from an Immovable Obstruction. Rule 24-2.
    Always assuming it wasn't out of bounds.

Thread Information