CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hooking

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar

Hooking

It's been 3 days since I've made that header pass at a company soccer game. Now my neck still feeling a pinched nerve on the left side. All my drives and long approach shots are hooking!!! How do you get rid of a hook when playing hurt with the left side of your body? I've been taking extra club and played some puched shot which seem to be alright, I don't want to look like I'm the only one playing under an extreme windy condition... and I don't want to have to rest for a week.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    That's what you get for trying to be like Zinedine Zidane...just don't head-butt me when I beat you

I would suggest aiming 30 yards right of target.

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar
    After too many shoulder dislocations I had to use a punch shot for years, but now I have it fixed from chiro and massage therapy. Range of motion is a big factor in your swing, spring for $40-50 and get massage therapy to work out the muscle and/or pinched nerve, as well as getting a professional assessment if there is a greater problem. The relief from pain alone is worth it, notng it will be more painful getting it worked out though.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Massage won't help a pinched nerve. Get a physiotherapist to recommend the right exercise to strengthen the supporting muscles in the region of the pinch. It's the only way.

I had a lot of pain. What fixed it was regular slow head turning in all directions (lots of reps of all directions) while showering with hot water on my neck. I have been doing this for months and will cotinue to to do so, as I have not had a flare up since Jan

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    That's what you get for trying to be like Zinedine Zidane...just don't head-butt me when I beat you

I would suggest aiming 30 yards right of target.

The way I'm going, I just hope I don't have to aim at Chateau Cartier fairways so it would draw back to Champlain again...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Massage won't help a pinched nerve. Get a physiotherapist to recommend the right exercise to strengthen the supporting muscles in the region of the pinch. It's the only way.

I had a lot of pain. What fixed it was regular slow head turning in all directions (lots of reps of all directions) while showering with hot water on my neck. I have been doing this for months and will cotinue to to do so, as I have not had a flare up since Jan
    Looks like I may have to make an appointment with the clinic... been wearing this neck brace and starting to look like Don Cherry with tank tops...

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Yeah, like everyone else says, get better however you do it.
    I have hooked ball in past, but suggestions only work on technical problems, not if you are doing it do to injury.
    If non injury, often like me, people miss-line up and aim feet at target, rather than just left. It should only be the club head aimed at target.
    I learned this recently, explaining why I pulled across my body to make a draw/hook back to target.
    Once I opened up stance left of target then just swung normal, hook became straight or slight fade.
    Cheers, good luck.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark
    Yeah, like everyone else says, get better however you do it.
    I have hooked ball in past, but suggestions only work on technical problems, not if you are doing it do to injury.
    If non injury, often like me, people miss-line up and aim feet at target, rather than just left. It should only be the club head aimed at target.
    I learned this recently, explaining why I pulled across my body to make a draw/hook back to target.
    Once I opened up stance left of target then just swung normal, hook became straight or slight fade.
    Cheers, good luck.
    It's amazing how injury or pain forces one to focus just a tad more.
    I did remember to open my stance slightly more than normal just to clear the left side and rediscovered my 3/4 wedge shots again, that was the only thing that saved the back nine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Well I just have to politely disagree with you on that one, but a debate would be best had with my Chiropactor and my wifes massage therapist, since I do not know enough to debate it.

I surely have to agree with that 110%, since I have to do this every day to get the ratchet out of my neck. I have to do it all day long to keep range of motion. Ask thotho about the clicks and clacks coming from my shoulder today. Sounds like an old railcar on the train tracks.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Gee if you have to wear a neck brace I would say lay off the golf a bit until it starts healing, it will only further the injury on the left side, even if you only use a punch shot.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Well I just have to politely disagree with you on that one, but a debate would be best had with my Chiropactor and my wifes massage therapist, since I do not know enough to debate it.
    Opinions are a dime a dozen. I will never visit a chiropractor. I have seen my xrays and my doctor is a very smart man. Phisio when I get a flare up for me. chiro is a band-aid fix and not what I am looking for.

chiro is a band-aid fix
    Agreed. Since your cut goes deeper (degenerative discs), physio is best. My wife has major compressed discs, facet disfunction, and fibromyalgia. She could not do chiro at all, and much of physio is out for her. She has massage therapy weekly and does special stretching exercises that she was taught.

[/COLOR]Kevin

That's why a doctor's advice trumps all. Every case is unique.

For sure, but I think even a layman can agree that if Eldred is wearing a neck brace, golfing is not going to help matters any. Ouch!

I tried to play one time with a severely pulled back muscle, was pathetic, quite after 6 holes and just drove the cart and watched the others play.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Albatross Powerdraw is on a distinguished road
    whoever you see, one thing i know is that during this injury, we can still play golf, but a price will be paid by the better player...compensations in the swing will take place and gradually will become frustrating but with TIME,things come back to normal but it is very frustrating....a busted index finger last year destroyed entire golf season for me and it took some time to take a divot this year! lol but things back on the saddle, so get healthy, good luck.

Thread Information