CorporateGolfXtra 2023

View Poll Results: Who will win and by how much!?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Will Win by a LANDSLIDE

11 33.33%
  • "Dick" will win by a LANDSLIDE

0 0%
  • Dan will lose with much humility by a close score

2 6.06%
  • "dick" will lose and inform us of Dan's antics and claim its cause his balls weren't microwaved

18 54.55%
  • It will be a draw; but a loss in dan's eyes and a win in "Dick's"

2 6.06%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    3 and 1 on 16?!?
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    So seriously, how would you assess thotho's game?
    Good one for hanging on till the 16th thotho.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    mpare hit one 285, and had an eagle putt soon after that.

I GPS measured a few of "Dick's" drives at about 240. His provisional on N1 (our back nine) did carry the creek. His first one went all the way over the driving range

Sorry 3 & 2. I fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    3 and 1 on 16?!?

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Sorry 3 & 2. I fixed it.
    LOL, I thought it might be a new scoring system
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    We're ready for some pics.

So seriously, how would you assess thotho's game?
    He played very much like a 17 hcp who is in a bit of a temporary funk. Some good holes and some not so good holes. I think if he were to practice his short game he'd be a more consistant scorer. Bunker play also could use some practice. He's a bit nervous in the bunkers I think his words were "Oh crap I suck in the sand" and I can't disagree , but he'll work on it.

I didn't play all that well, I shot 91, and my current average is 87, so I should have finished him sooner if I were playing my average game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba
    We're ready for some pics.
    Sorry the camera stayed at home.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Sorry the camera stayed at home.
    We'll have to wait & see what they have to say on the Grey Goose 19th hole.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

I GPS measured a few of "Dick's" drives at about 240. His provisional on N1 (our back nine) did carry the creek. His first one went all the way over the driving range
    And thanks for yelling FORE!!!!

We had no idea it was comming from the tee behind us but thought, they just wanted us to see where his ball ended up.

We were on the green in fornt of the them. Sorry for the slow updates but they never caught up to us for us to get the info everyone was waiting for.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

"Richard"
    Yes I took it like a man. I've honestly never had so much fun playing golf before. knee knockers for boogie?? Who would have thunk it? I didn't hit a single good drive in my sweet spot and wasn't swinging the way I can (probably for fear of shank or fear of slice). I'm going back to my 10* driver, the 13* is straghting me out (alot) but I'm losing to much yardage because of the loft and because of the sky high pop ups. So, the V2 goes into the adams RPM and I'll set it in draw mode. So geoffs old nike 13* goes back on the market later on tonight. I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous on a few of the shots after Dan put one out of bounds or screwed up a shot and that lasted pretty much the whole round as I didn't want to get beat to badly. His friend he played with is... AWESOME! You could tell he wasn't playing well (for him) but still managed to shoot 3 over PAR! I could tell dan was off his game which made it a lot closer than it should have been but I guess I was off as well from how I was playing with geoff. I've challanged him to a rematch for aug 28th or somewhere around then... whenever I get back from cali. I'll deff be parctising more instead of just heading out and hacking up courses. My overview of dans game.. other than being a short hitter, there is nothing wrong. The guy doesn't miss putts under 5ft. I don't think I saw a single miss from that dst. If he was longer and still able to keep it straight like he does... he could go even lower. After watching him hit fairway after fairway some green in reg. I could easly see how he shoots low 80's on that course. Dan gave me 4 strokes but I was unable to capatize on any of them. It did leave us even on one hole after I had a double and he had a boogie. Anyway, I had a fantastic time so from now on, its only matchplay from here on in. For those of you who don't play match play I can't even explain to you what a rush it is!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dH
    Who will it be and by how much!?! This is turning out to be the "match" of the summer. I can hardly wait I've already booked off work to join the gallery!
    Hey DH, To finally answer your ORIGINAL question ' Who will win the Epic Battle of Dan Vs. ''Dick'', the answer is really ALL OF THE FORUM MEMBERS! This was a fun thread and hopefully, the 2 had a good day of ragging each others asses on the course just like we all dragged them leading up to the event!

Good thread dH
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Agreed I'm glad I ran w/ Sakaruba's idea and made a poll. Something cool to check in your cycle between work and web browsing.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    For those of you who don't play match play I can't even explain to you what a rush it is!
    Next step, put some money on the line. Doesn't have to be a lot.

My normal game is $0.50 a hole and the most money that's ever changed hands was $4.50.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    [quote=thotho]I can carry my new driver 275 (ask geoff). I didn't hit a solid drive all day and hitt one just a bit out of the sweet spot and carried it pretty far on the first tee box and that is with a 13 degree driver. was much longer with my 10* driver but atleast now I'm not putting them OB off the tee so I think I'll do just fine.

Yeah I can carry my driver 275 too. I just put it back in the bag after hitting it off the tee, go hit my second shot and eventually I will carry that driver 275 yards, sometimes 300+ depending on how long the hole is!

That's ok ThoTho we all have a bad day with the BIG STICK! There are days we just can't seem to find the sweet spot. I am using a 11.5 G2 and I think my yardage has dropped from the 10.5 I was using. But I hit more fairways now!

Good Match, went further than I thought it would and I have not seen either of you play golf!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

after Dan put one out of bounds or screwed up a shot
    That was a staked hazard, not OB

Thanks for a great round and a great build up and all that. What an experience!
    Yah mpare can play can't he!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Yes I took it like a man. I've honestly never had so much fun playing golf before. knee knockers for boogie?? Who would have thunk it? I didn't hit a single good drive in my sweet spot and wasn't swinging the way I can (probably for fear of shank or fear of slice). I'm going back to my 10* driver, the 13* is straghting me out (alot) but I'm losing to much yardage because of the loft and because of the sky high pop ups. So, the V2 goes into the adams RPM and I'll set it in draw mode. So geoffs old nike 13* goes back on the market later on tonight. I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous on a few of the shots after Dan put one out of bounds or screwed up a shot and that lasted pretty much the whole round as I didn't want to get beat to badly. His friend he played with is... AWESOME! You could tell he wasn't playing well (for him) but still managed to shoot 3 over PAR! I could tell dan was off his game which made it a lot closer than it should have been but I guess I was off as well from how I was playing with geoff. I've challanged him to a rematch for aug 28th or somewhere around then... whenever I get back from cali. I'll deff be parctising more instead of just heading out and hacking up courses. My overview of dans game.. other than being a short hitter, there is nothing wrong. The guy doesn't miss putts under 5ft. I don't think I saw a single miss from that dst. If he was longer and still able to keep it straight like he does... he could go even lower. After watching him hit fairway after fairway some green in reg. I could easly see how he shoots low 80's on that course. Dan gave me 4 strokes but I was unable to capatize on any of them. It did leave us even on one hole after I had a double and he had a boogie. Anyway, I had a fantastic time so from now on, its only matchplay from here on in. For those of you who don't play match play I can't even explain to you what a rush it is!
    Isn't it good to know Dan that you are intimidating to play against.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Only to some people. mpare was not phased at all!

Only to some people. mpare was not phased at all!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Nicely done and congratulations to both of you. We should have more of these types of challenges/events. I wonder if we should start a handicap thread and get our numbers on the table so pairs of players can challenge each other and play?
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

"Richard"
    nor should he be! The guy is awesome. It scares me to think how good BC mist is after seeing this guy play. I played with the teaching pro at Don valley and I dont't hink he played as well as Mpare did! It was just awesome so see. The guy was on for eagle!!!! crazy. I've been on for eagle before but its always because of a dog leg par 5.. never a dead straight one like he was. I'm playing with geoff on friday since I'm leaving friday night instead now. I just have to play against him. I get 10 strokes!! after my 93 handicapped (99 total, 6 strokes adjusted) and my last two rounds I might even get more strokes! haha, the advantages of sucking! I went back and read the posts while we were gone, thats hilarious! when we were told people were calling for updates and stuff me and dan couldn't help but laugh. It was pretty fun, thanks for the support guys, its much appreciated. Geoff thanks for helping me through the shanks. I'll buy you a beer as a thank you before you come up with some crazy fee you want to charge me as per your PM!

nor should he be! The guy is awesome. It scares me to think how good BC mist is after seeing this guy play. I played with the teaching pro at Don valley and I dont't hink he played as well as Mpare did! It was just awesome so see. The guy was on for eagle!!!! crazy. I've been on for eagle before but its always because of a dog leg par 5.. never a dead straight one like he was. I'm playing with geoff on friday since I'm leaving friday night instead now. I just have to play against him. I get 10 strokes!! after my 93 handicapped (99 total, 6 strokes adjusted) and my last two rounds I might even get more strokes! haha, the advantages of sucking! I went back and read the posts while we were gone, thats hilarious! when we were told people were calling for updates and stuff me and dan couldn't help but laugh. It was pretty fun, thanks for the support guys, its much appreciated. Geoff thanks for helping me through the shanks. I'll buy you a beer as a thank you before you come up with some crazy fee you want to charge me as per your PM!
    You paid me back my letting me know it helped with your problem. But who am I to turn down a beer.

Thread Information