CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Sorenstam at the Canadian Open?

Seems that Annika Sorenstam may be invited to play at this year's Canadian Open in Hamilton, and possibly other PGA events this year (see article in today's Globe and Mail):

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...s_temp/4/4/26/

I certainly think she has the talent to make the cut, if she plays at the top of her game on the right course, she could win. Any thoughts?

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    I don't recall where The CDN Open will be this year (Hamilton?) nor do I know the length or style of the course but my bet would be she tries Harbourtown. In the article I read she said she would pick a tournament that is on a course which is not long and which places a premium on accuracy off the tee.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Canadian Open in Hamilton

The 2003 Canadian Open is being held at the Hamilton Golf & Country Club, which is located just outside Hamilton in the village of Ancaster.

I've seen the course, and the course design would seem to suit her game. It is under 7,000 yards, with narrow tree-lined fairways. Here is a blurb on the course from the RCGA news release:

One of Canada’s most prestigious and historic clubs, Hamilton Golf and Country Club is one of the 10-founding clubs of the Royal Canadian Golf Association. Opened for play in October 1894, the original 12-hole course was located next to the Hamilton Jockey Club.

After only one full season the club moved to a new 18-hole course at the base of the escarpment in the western part of Hamilton, then moved again in 1916, this time to its permanent home in Ancaster.

The original 18 holes at the Ancaster site were designed by noted English golf course architect Harry Colt, whose other works include the Eden course at St. Andrews, Royal Portrush, Toronto Golf Club and St. George`s CC. A third nine was added to the layout in 1975.

The illustrious history of Hamilton Golf and Country Club includes hosting many of Canada’s premiere golf events:
    Canadian Open - 1919, 1930
    Canadian Senior Open – 1996
    Canadian Amateur Championship – 1922, 1927, 1935, 1948, 1977, 1994

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road

here we go down the slippery slope...

Remember you read it here first - if Annika plays a PGA event she will be embarrassed.

I'm sure the sponsers love it, but what will this do for the LPGA?

Thread Information