100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road

Have You Ever Noticed?

Here is an observation that I am interested in sharing with others and perhaps reading some other comments about.
    - Have you ever noticed how many of our playing partners have to explain to you why there golf shots went astray, always in great detail?.
    - Have you ever noticed that a missed shot seems to be the fault of a bird squawking or the fellow 3 holes over talking with his buddies?
    - Have you ever notice how quick some folks are about giving advice about you bad shot or your game in general?
    It is also my observation that a great many of these folks hold very responsible position in life. Wonder what it would be like to work for these folks, not fun would be my bet?
    Wake up folks, not many people want to know what you think about your own game or theirs.
    I am making this post today after having spent 4.5 hours of my most miserable time on a golf course with folks as described above, I could not get far enough away from them.
    One thing is for sure, I will never play with this particular group again!
    Just my rambling thoughts.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I like it when I play with guys, who I respect and know what they are talking about, let me know what they see in my swing especially when I'm having trouble as I have been as of late. In my group we talk about our bad shots as well, maybe the lie was a killer or I didn't expect it to jump out of the rough like that or man was I quick on that one. I guess it is different when it comes from your friends and not a stranger. Either way you could have politely asked them to stop or to refrain from commenting on your swing, just my take on it.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Funny you should post this. Just Saturday I was explaining to my buddies after a particularly bad shot, how the guy talking on his cell phone in the next fairway distracted me. It caused me to pull the club to the inside and hit a big hook.
    I've never seen you play, but I can tell you this... you're lifting your head .

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

lost swing

This reminds me of one of my playing buddies. Every year he makes this statement "damm it I have lost my swing again!" Listen---if any of you find an lost swing out there let me know because I am tired of looking for it!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmajic
    Here is an observation that I am interested in sharing with others and perhaps reading some other comments about.
    - Have you ever noticed how many of our playing partners have to explain to you why there golf shots went astray, always in great detail?.
    - Have you ever noticed that a missed shot seems to be the fault of a bird squawking or the fellow 3 holes over talking with his buddies?
    - Have you ever notice how quick some folks are about giving advice about you bad shot or your game in general?
    -And, have you ever noticed how many golfers want to give you a shot by shot description of their round, after you just spent 4 hours watching them do it?
    -have you ever noticed how many golfers want to describe their round, shot for shot, but whose eyes glaze over after 10 seconds of the description of your first double eagle?
    -have you ever noticed how your playing partners ignore your suggestion on how to improve their swing, but treat the same suggestion from a pro like it's mannah from Heaven?
    -have you ever noticed how your playing partners walk on your putting line but think nothing of talking during your backswing.
    -have you ever noticed how your playing partners play at a 6 hours pace and when you suggest that they speed up they say, "What's the rush?"
    -have you ever noticed how your playing partners say, "My putter let me down today," or, "My driver cost me several strokes," when in fact, when it was their driver swing or putting stroke that was the real problem.

Golfers are a strange bunch.

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar
    Oooooo, grumpy old men thread eh? Let me chime in with this one then, LOL.

Have you ever noticed you are the first one to find a lost ball from another player in the group, stanger or friend, but when you put one in the fray, no one else IS EVEN looking for your ball EXCEPT YOU.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmajic
    ...and have you ever noticed how quick we are to criticize others for what we think their mistakes are? Yes, I realize that for the most part we are a patient lot and we suffer people to act the way they do over and over before we tire of it. Perhaps it's partly our fault as well for not guiding them earlier on... or perhaps it's our fault for not forgiving other people for their humanity - the capacity to make mistakes.

...personally, I think forgiveness is an easier road to go, especially speaking as one who has made his share of these very mistakes and had to pay dearly for his heinous crimes. I wish I could adopt the savvy of a mentor in coaxing people to act differently, unfortunately it's a skill that very few of us seem to have mastered.
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

Thread Information