CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shoeless golf

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar

Talking Shoeless golf

As some of you are already aware, I wear hiking sandals, and also golf wearing them (long story foot problem). Well I had found the perfect ones and they had a blowout after a few weeks, so I got a replacement pair free, thinking it was just a defect. It was, a design defect in fact. Second pair did the same thing again, but this time not AFTER I finished golfing.No this time it happened on the 4th hole at Les Vieux Moulins yesterday while enjoying a round of golf with jonf.

The group in front had just waved us to play through (thankfully), we both his magnificent drives and on route to our second shot, my sandal back strap blows out, cannot walk without it falling of constantly. A guy in the group in front gave me a piece of white medical tape from his back, but it only head for a minute. He was willing to tape my foot into the sandal, but I decided not to use all his tape and try playing in sock feet. What a blast.

I could still drive it 250 yards no problem, and the putting greens we like the softer pile carpet you have ever walked on. If you have never walked on a green wiithout shoes you have to try it some time, it is really neat. So to makes matters worse, we got caught in the rain on #8, and had to wait a bit after nine before continuing. Of course the rain made it very wet without shoes, but surprisingly I did not have problems much with slipping, making a minor reduction on body movement seemed to be enough to let me still strike the ball well and not slip. If anything the disadvantage of having to swing a little easier just served to straighten out my drives, which were slicing before that sandals came off. The other downside was walking on rocks and gravel, and my fender were starting to get a little tender by the end, being wet for 11 holes and all.

I was really ticked too, because I just took my spare golf shoes out my bag right before leaving to play, since I had not used them at all this year. DOH!
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar
    ....haha....

This almost sounds like an ad for NOT wearing sandals on a golf course...
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    In my teens and twenties, I use to play golf barefooted. That was in the days when courses didn't get to "uppity" about these things. It was very comfortable. It also taught you to swing in balance. Come to think of it, it's a lesson I should go back to. There is one downside. Getting stung on the bottom of your foot is not pleasant.

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    Zoic...you weren't playing with thotho were you???? Or was he the one with the medical tape??

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare
    In my teens and twenties, I use to play golf barefooted... There is one downside. Getting stung on the bottom of your foot is not pleasant.
    Played Lac Carling barefoot on my b-day 3 years ago. Didn't bring my bag - just a 7-iron, sand wedge and putter. What a wonderful round, I levitated for most of the round so I didn't have to worry about being stung on the bottom of the foot.
    If the opportunity arises I highly recommend playing barefoot.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy4Par
    Zoic...you weren't playing with thotho were you???? Or was he the one with the medical tape??
    nope, he was playing with me. It was quite a site to behold. He played pretty damn good, too, considering the situation.

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar
    LOL, it was interesting for sure, and I think I pulled a muscle compensating for the lack of footing slightly, but some Tiger Balm, and therapeutic massage has that under control now. I got a shoe repair shop on Merivale to sew the sandals straps properly at all four connections, with heavy duty thread. Was only $8 and now they are better than new.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Last year at the Outaouais going up the num. 8 hole east course, my feet were killing me so i decided to take my shoes off.Wow what a feeling, did not remember what it was like being a kid again and running around barefoot on grass.A must do .

Thread Information