CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I don't see how you're even going to be able to try to get a refund. You don't know the auction number... your friend is in India and won't be back for another two weeks. By then it will obviously be too late. Lost cause I would say.

"Richard"
    his credit card allows for a chargeback upto 6 months (from what I understood). Its only been 6-7 weeks, he'll be back by the 8-9 week mark so still lots of time. I don't think he is even going to go through paypal as you only have 45 days for that anyway

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    his credit card allows for a chargeback upto 6 months (from what I understood). Its only been 6-7 weeks, he'll be back by the 8-9 week mark so still lots of time. I don't think he is even going to go through paypal as you only have 45 days for that anyway
    So much for taking quick action .

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Theese theings take time mon, relax mon, listen to some reggae mon!

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    IF your address is confirmed... Good luck with the chargeback.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Ebay

You can do everything right on Ebay, check feedback, shippers, power sellers, ME, and still get burned. If there is anything funny about the auction, I just dont bid but sometines it is sooo tempting. Like those beautiful R7 425 from China, I am sure they are authentic and if not i am sure they will send my money back! NOT
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    People don't factor in shipping. The cost of shipping back and forth is astronomical!!!!! If you think its' a fake and thats not what you want don't buy. A 1400$ set for 600$ isn't a 1400$ set lol

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Forget about Sinbad, Dreamwork should be making movie about THOTHO and his amazing adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    Andy4par, thanks. Much appreciated it. I have no clue why these things happen to me (although this didn't happen to me but rather a friend) but still, I guess I would be a little skeptical as well

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

I am in

That's true Eldred but I would love to play with Thotho just to see what happens when we play. I would have liked to get in on his schedule wehn he is down but it filled up faster than Marilyn Munroe's dance card at the USO.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

"Richard"
    Hey lefty, Bg458 might be canceling, I'll PM you if he does. July 4th, 920am.. the canadian. will know tonight

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    His future playing partners would have big shoes to fill though to make his most adventure trip list... instead of a golf ball scooper, the person who brings a huge pool cleaning net would likely make the top 10 of "I can't believe this playing partner I had..."

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas
    That's true Eldred but I would love to play with Thotho just to see what happens when we play. I would have liked to get in on his schedule wehn he is down but it filled up faster than Marilyn Munroe's dance card at the USO.

1 Iron Bidou is on a distinguished road Bidou's Avatar

From China with love....

2 of my friends bought this set last summer. They knew the clubs were not authentic but $500 for clubs, staff bag and shipping is a deal very hard to beat by any company. While I would never buy something like this, my friends school me on a regular basis with their knockoffs vs. my Nike/Callaway equipment. Don't want to get into the obvious - it's the player not the equipment song - but suffice to say the clubs do feel good and have a nice low trajectory. Thus my opinion is that this “PNG” set is much better than any starter set you’ll find at golftown for that price.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Talk about resurrecting (and concluding?!) a long-dead thread!!

Putter waterside is on a distinguished road

fake pings

its an ongoing problem:

e bay this week has a seller with beautiful looking clubs etc.

however when I did some security checks it turns out they were frauds.

each PING club has an identification number on the hosel:

no number equals fake

if the club has a number check it out direct with the pinggolf web site--they can tell you whether the number is legitimate and when the clubs were made and usually do it within 24-48 hours. If in doubt ask or if its close to the end of the auction give it a miss.

if you have genuine ping clubs and lose one or damage one you can get an original remake by PING by quoting the reference number. Or, like I have, if you want to add to your set with another club[I added a lob wedge and a 2 iron] just let the dealer see the club and the hosel and the club/clubs can be made to the specification of the set you already have

if you come across fakes be they PING or otherwise simply report the seller to the manufacturuer--this is one step toward closing down fakes.

incidentally can someone tell me: if you are in a competition and found to be using fake clubs can you penalised/eliminated or what?

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    as long as they still conform to USGA standards then you should be fine. msot fakes arnt as good as the real stuff, so it shouldnt be a problem. (ex: too much moi, or cor)

Thread Information