100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

What a combo!!!!!

Anyone intersted in having a cannon of a driver built, look no furhter than a R5 TP head with a Graman Limey UL540 shaft. Got to take this set up today, and what can I say. I was in spots on the course I've never been before. And straight too. Only maybe had two drives with my usual fade/cut. Most were right down the middle or even a few had a slight draw to them, which to my dismay put me in the rough. But if I can get used to that, I won't have a problem. Very sweet combo, very pleased. Would recommend this set up to anyone.

If anyone is familiar with Mountain Creek I'll give some examples of where my drives ended up today:

No. 1 380 YDS Par 4 slight dogleg right
    Usually I'm just inside 100 yds or so. Today I was almost at the base of the upslope to the green.

No. 5 410 YDS Par 4 straight away
    Usually between 100 and 150 yds out. Today had about 120 in or so after hitting my tee shot into a headwind.

No. 9 515 YDS Par 5 dogleg left.
    Usually with my cut/fade I am near the 200 marker or furhter out. Today hit a bit of a draw and even after slightly hitting a tree had only about 155 in to the green.

No. 11 410 YDS Par 4
    Usually have about 150 in on this one. Today, pulled my tee shot onto the adjacent fairway of No. 12 but was still quite a bit inside the 100 yd marker.

No. 13 365 YDS Par 4 dogleg left.
    Usually can be inside 100 yds by cutting the corner. Pulled it a little today but was almost on the 18th tee which is close to the 13th green.

No. 17 360 YDS Par 4 slight dogleg right.
    Usually take an iron and put it up to the 100 yd marker. Excited about driver today, so took it out with a bit of a tailwind and put it on the upslope to the green.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 06-26-2006 at 01:46 PM.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I give it two weeks at best before we see it in the For Sale Forum.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Good to see the new driver is working.. Now keep it!
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Looks like you have the right combo now Geoff, good luck. We'll have to wear shades for sure with that bright shaft now/I bet your just kicking yourself you didn't have this earlier in the season

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Congrats Geoff. Don't forget to put me first in line for this when it's available .

Oh for sure. Got to the course today and for some reason my tee time was pushed up about 15 mins. I walk up to the starter to check and next thing I know we're told we're on the tee. So didn't even get a real warm up. Kind of just took a few practice swings and then teed off. Ball took off in the direction of the dogleg and figured I'd be in my usual spot just around the 100 marker, maybe in the rough. To my surprise it was way down there. I found it tough to tell how well I hit the ball with the driver. A much more muted sound with the TP model. Usually you get that loud "ting" like sound when you hit one on the screws. This is more of a thud. Will just have to get used to the sound and feel. Looking forward to tomorrow.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Caddy KickerOfElves is on a distinguished road KickerOfElves's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reid Masson
    Congrats Geoff. Don't forget to put me first in line for this when it's available .

Masson!!!!

No fair calling dibs when I'm AFK

Anyways, this thing launches the ball real high, but it just keeps going forever. And the Graman shaft is just smooth. Nice feel during the swing, and what a kick.

Quote Originally Posted by KickerOfElves

Masson!!!!

No fair calling dibs when I'm AFK
    LOL! I just figure I should be done with the Bridgestone J33R I just picked up by then .

LOL! I just figure I should be done with the Bridgestone J33R I just picked up by then .
    Heh, well don't be so greedy! After all, I only have 4 drivers + a couple of shafts vying for a spot in the bag...the selection is a little sparse around here.

(How do you like the BS?)

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Geoff what happened to that Nike 460 Lucky 13 that you were "IN LOVE" with a couple of weeks ago? I might be interested in it if you still own it. (I know the chances of that are slim to none and slim left town a week ago ) But if you still have it email me. Thanks...Rick

PS. Glad that new driver worked well for you TODAY
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    See how much fun this game is!!!!! and to think you were thinking of packing it in a couple of weeks ago. I guess it's true good things come to those who wait.

Quote Originally Posted by KickerOfElves
    Heh, well don't be so greedy! After all, I only have 4 drivers + a couple of shafts vying for a spot in the bag...the selection is a little sparse around here.

(How do you like the BS?)
    Just made the deal for the Bridgestone a few minutes ago so I don't know yet. right now still in love with my G2 . Also have a Bridgestone Z350 head that I need to find a shaft for and just picked up a Tour Issue Titleist 983E. The driver shootout is back in full swing. Now if I can just add Geoff's R5 TP to the mix LOL!

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Reid: Lemme know when your selling your G2... 1st dibs!

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Don't forget to put me first in line for this when it's available .
    I have first dibs since I assembled it.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Quote Originally Posted by dH
    Reid: Lemme know when your selling your G2... 1st dibs!
    Serioiusly, I doubt the G2 will ever be available. I just keep picking up more drivers to shootout against it to remind me of how wonderful it is!

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Fine fine.. maybe for the Bridgestone Either way one day when that g2 and you seperate... I'll be waiting!

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Nice to see your still experimenting with drivers Reid, although the G2 still stays. We'll have to get together again now that I've got my G2 and see how they fly.

Quote Originally Posted by fireice
    Nice to see your still experimenting with drivers Reid, although the G2 still stays. We'll have to get together again now that I've got my G2 and see how they fly.
    I'd love to get together again. Perhaps a week from Saturday? I'll send you a PM

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I feel so underpriveleged here, I only own 2 drivers and have less than $70 invested into both! I have to rush out and buy a couple more big sticks to have in the bag so when I go back out golfing I can really screw myself up by not being able to figure out which one I like the best!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Birdie srennick is on a distinguished road srennick's Avatar
    Now all we have to do is get you to hit the Tour Issued R5....you'll fall in love all over again.

I played with a guy last week who has the Retail R5 TP and you could really feel/hear the difference in the 2 heads....my Tour Issued sounded totally different than his retail version....oh, and it was about 50 yards farther too (we were in a best ball tournament and held up most of the time, so I hit a ball with each club at a few of the holes)

Same loft, same shaft flex, he had the stock TP graphics Diamana at full 45" length, and I had the Redboard at a little over 44".

Come over to the TM Tour Issue "Kool-aid" dark side!

50 yards huh?

Birdie srennick is on a distinguished road srennick's Avatar
    Yup, no bull...

Again, keep in mind that the shafts are different as well, and people usually have a tendancy to be more confortable swinging their own club.

With his Retail R5 TP/Diamana combo I was hitting a high fade....with the Tour Issued R5/Diamana Redboard I was hitting it dead straight or with a touch of a draw.

My weight config was set up 10g in the heal and 8 in the toe and so was his.

Thread Information