CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar

Figured out my iron problem, always pulling

I was taking a practice swing today preparing for my shot and my brother standing adjacent to me says, "You wanted to know why you are pulling your irons because the club face is closing right?"

Of course I did, so I got him to spit it out, and he said I have the ball to far forward in my stance. I disagreed, but tried moving my feet anyway. He was right of course, and this time the ball went straight to the target, since I was hitting it when the club face was more square and less closed on the ball.

4 Iron JoeldMtl is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by zoic
    I was taking a practice swing today preparing for my shot and my brother standing adjacent to me says, "You wanted to know why you are pulling your irons because the club face is closing right?"

Of course I did, so I got him to spit it out, and he said I have the ball to far forward in my stance. I disagreed, but tried moving my feet anyway. He was right of course, and this time the ball went straight to the target, since I was hitting it when the club face was more square and less closed on the ball.

How far back did you have to move it?

I moved the position closer to cente (roughly half way), but I have to work on it for a few rounds to see where the optimal position is for the 3-5, and 6-8. I seem to have no trouble with the 9 and PW, as I already played then with the ball centered. I noticed after looking that I do already almost center if for my 9W as well, which I usually make someof my best shots with.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zoic

hmmmm? Sounds so similar to some advice I gave someone yesterday???....I can almost remember it........
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark
    Zoic, a club face closes as it gets to impact, not opens..........
    As a matter of fact, for some people who hook the ball, like me, putting the ball more in your center helps, because the face has less time to hook as you hit the ball sooner..........
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Yes, and thanks sharhark. Now I am hitting some of the irons better, but I will have to remember to take one club less since the are going further again, like they used to.

Thread Information