100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loch March

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar

Loch March

I played Loch March this morning, no waiting, casual 4-1/2 pleasant walk (while smacking around some golf balls). I notice the price is up $10 to $65, and no twilight rate. To bad about the twilight rate not offered, I would play there at least one late round every 2 weeks if they offered it.

It was is excellent condition, the fairways a little soft in places still trying to dry up. That only chopped a few yards off some drives with very little or sometimes no roll after it landed. Greens were pristine, with an odd rare patch on a few, but biting and holding fabulously, and slick as a water slide. Some of the pin placements were just cruel, and I even 4 putted one green, yikes!

Surprisingly I managed to play yet another round with the same ball. I almost lost it on #10, but my brother had a ball retriever, so I snagged it out of the pond on the right side. On 18 I hit it way to the right and paste the path into the bush after it bounced right off the mogul. I walked in a few feet, found a Titliest, then another few feet, two more Titliest inches apart, then another foot and I found my ball, horrible lie, but playable, saved a bogey.

I managed to hit it out to where my provisional was. My provisional was a smoker to about 80 yards from the green, so I had a good chance either way.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Have they done any more work on the new tee boxes on #5?

I really like the fact that they moved them back on #3 and #5 will be a completely different hole once the new boxes are put into play.

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar
    Well there was a crew working on them on #3, but I do not recall noticing anything on #5. I had not played if for a number of years, so nothing would really stand out to me anyway, wish I could tell you more.

Thread Information