100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar

Best kept secret in town

I bought some HS Titanium Golf Balls at Lowlaws a few weeks ago, 15 for $9.98. I did not have great expectations, was just looking for cheap ones until I got my game worked out. I am absolutely ultra impressed with these golfs balls after using them for 2 weeks (1 week straight - 7 days in a row, not just a few weekend rounds here). They fly quite well, in fact I hit a couple of drives 270 yards with them, and I find they fly a bit further and roll very well. I cannot say for sure the extra distance it not from my new equipment and some progress in smoothing out my swing, but the cheap balls sure are not hurting any part of my game. They roll well on the green and seem to bite well from approach shots. I am not one to put spin on the ball, so maybe these hold the green better than others, I don't really know tough. I did seem some minor scuffing on a couple, but that is understandable bouncing of trees, rocks, and cart paths. No cuts on any ball so far.

Specs:
    Product of Taiwan
    Two Piece ball
    Titanium core
    Compression 90
    428 dimple design
    Dupont Surlyn cut-proof cover

no need to rush over to Loblaws, the west end store had a few hundered boxes of 15, so they should not run out today or anything

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

TiLo

Hey Kevin, those balls sound good and for those looking for great value in a low compression ball go to WalMart and buy the TiLo ball, 18 for $12.96. These are durable, pretty good distance and good around the green. It is difficult to find a better value than these. They also have a Ti ball for distance at the same price but I am not sure what they are called.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

I went to buy a new putter today, was 29.95 at Loblaws, just like my old favorite one (like yours Pinshark) a flat D shaped style.
    I could not resist picking up another box of 15 balls as well, they are now on sale for only $7.94/box of 15. WOW, could they get any cheaper????
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Thanks, you guys may just save me few $$$. Going to pick some up for the wife, so she won't clean out my Pro V1s.

Good for you, and try playing one too, you might be surprised at the feel. I actually do not like Titliest as a rule, find them too hard when I hit them. I have not tried the Pro V1s though, but I will borrow one from my buddy to see how they are.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

"Richard"
    Just look for guys with golf balls in their trunks... very cheap high end balls

Thread Information