CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Starting to wonder

What would you do? Recently entered into a transaction with a member of another forum. He is a fellow Canadian, actually Ontario, and has been a member of the site we started our deal on for almost six years. We discussed a price and shipping details. On the 13th I sent him the payment. He said he would ship the head out yesterday morning. We have talked and I know he works 8:30-6:00 everyday. Every other time I have sent an email he has returned it. Most times late in the evening, but always before 11pm. Scenario is, I haven't heard a thing from him since Wed evening. No email to notify the item has been shipped. No email with a tracking number. No email explaining there might even be delays. Now I know people have busy lives, but past interaction has led me to believe I should have heard something by now. What would you do? BTW, payment was made via Paypal. Starting to think I might have been had.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I've had that happen before and it has usually worked out. Plus you paid with PayPal so you can always get a refund if you don't get the item.
    I know the site of which you speak and as I have mentioned before, I'm not wild about some of the characters on it.

I hear ya. But I searched the Pos and Neg folders and couldn't find anything on him. He's been a member since 2000 so figured I was good. Here's to hoping he's just been busy.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Hi Geoff,

Hope everything works out for you. Maybe he has been hospitalized or something else happen to him. If he has been around since 2000 I would be tempted to think like you.

Good luck,

Jean-Guy

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I checked him out on the GEA Geoff and I would be very surprised if you have a problem with this individual. Perhaps it's an e-mail issue. Just bump the thread and tell him you were wondering why you haven't heard from him.

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Could it just be that he is away for the week. Maybe a business trip or vacation. I can't see someone doing something like that after being on the site for 6 years.

If he is, he lied to me. We talked about shipping the head this week and he said Thurs morning. The wait continues......

jhazelton

Unexpected things happen

Something may have came up. If it was shipped Thursday as planned, from within ON, you should probably receive it tomorrow. Wait another day or two and see if it shows up. Paypal will get your money back if he is trying to scam you. Their resolution process is slow, so hopefully it is not a load of cash.

I fully expected to recieve it Mon or Tues. But I would've really liked a confirmation of product sent. Will be sending another email tonight if I don't hear from him. And if I don't recieve anything I will be seeking my cash back. And if the product happens to arrive, I will gladly pay him back again. But as of right now I am not getting a good vibe.

jhazelton

Did anything show up?

Did the shipment arrive?

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    I fully expected to recieve it Mon or Tues. But I would've really liked a confirmation of product sent. Will be sending another email tonight if I don't hear from him. And if I don't recieve anything I will be seeking my cash back. And if the product happens to arrive, I will gladly pay him back again. But as of right now I am not getting a good vibe.
    Geoff, how about an update bud?
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Yeah, got my driver on either the 20th or the 21st. He was just busy apparently and never got a chance to check his email. Got the club and love it, so its water under the bridge.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    GOOD STUFF!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Thread Information