CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar

The golf simulator

I played a round of golf last night and it was by far my best this year, 85 (well ,good for me!)on a pretty tough course down at Montreal. My driver has been mis-behaving of late so i thought that a upgrade would be a good for my game and finally get a little further off the tee. I have a well-used Taylormade 360xd stiff flex , An average drive for me is anywhere from 240 - 280.

So i called in to Golf Town and took out a few different types of driver to their simulator . Callaway X460 , Cobra Speed , with different shaft types but mostly stiff flex.

The furthest i hit any of the clubs was 239 yds so my question is , exactly how accurate are the simulators? I know that i can hit further than that. I do have a fast swing speed , but am i using the correct flex?
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Tough to say without seeing your swing. I trust the numbers sims spit out even less than launch monitors. Best bet Wilster is to try and find some place local that will actually let you take the club to the range/course and then compare them.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster
    I played a round of golf last night and it was by far my best this year, 85 (well ,good for me!)on a pretty tough course down at Montreal. My driver has been mis-behaving of late so i thought that a upgrade would be a good for my game and finally get a little further off the tee. I have a well-used Taylormade 360xd stiff flex , An average drive for me is anywhere from 240 - 280.

So i called in to Golf Town and took out a few different types of driver to their simulator . Callaway X460 , Cobra Speed , with different shaft types but mostly stiff flex.

The furthest i hit any of the clubs was 239 yds so my question is , exactly how accurate are the simulators? I know that i can hit further than that. I do have a fast swing speed , but am i using the correct flex?
    Did you try hitting your own driver at the simulator to compare to the ones you were testing? That is what I have done in the past at GT. It's the only way to tell the difference because the simulators aren't great for absolute measurements, but pretty good for relative club-to-club comparisons.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    That thought crossed my mind , about bringing in my own club , but i don't want to feel pressured into a sale yet . I'm now seriously considering having my swing assessed for a fitting. Oh it never ends!
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Thread Information