CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar

Rest + Ball Striking

Hello,

Just curious what peoples thoughts are on ball striking in correlation to rest. I find if I'm very well rested I play better. Alot of people may be blaming mechanics or this or that but I find my game improves 50% or more if I'm well rested. I"m not rested 90% of the time though unfortunately. Anyone else experience this?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I find I can play just as well or bad rested or not. Many times I'll do a night shift and immediately head to the course after my shift for a round. And I've done equally as well or equally as bad. So no, rest doesn't affect me.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar
    I agree, and I found taking a hot shower before playing helped loosen up the muscles so I can relax. The problem I found with doing that though is the bugs really seem to like me more than usual. i much prefer a later day tee time now because if I have an early morning time I usually cannot seem to sleep well, knowing I have to get up for golf. If I just go with the flow and make golf plans as the day progresses, it does not interfere with my sleep patterns.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    If I play a few days in a row, I start to get sore in wrist/elbow and shots are likely to go all over. After a few days inbetween the shots are better, no shanks etc. Definitely prefer rested me.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Last year and even this year, (Pre Heart Attack) I could play 5 days straight with ease. On the 6th day I found I lost interest. So I needed a day off.
    I found if I played an afternoon round, starting at 4PM and then again the next morning at 8AM I would not be as fresh. Mind you I think a lot of that is mental, more so than being physically tired.
    As amateurs I think we should be able to play 4-5 days in a row and have no problems. Unless of course you are hitting buckets of range balls between rounds.
    Now, I can't play so doesn't really matter God it is depressing staring at all these clubs and knowing I can't use them. I am tempted to sell everything! You hear that Geoff??
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

9 Iron Darin_CS is on a distinguished road
    Well golf is like anythign else. Students in school are recomended to be well rested before exams. A well rested mind is sharp, has quicker reflexes, all the good stuff.

All your muscles are controlled by your brain, the more rested you are, it likely you will make better contact as well. Also, the muscles being well rested can be strong and precise as well. (Assuming you streched and warmed up correctly!)

Thread Information