CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    1 Iron sparsons is on a distinguished road

Golf courses between Ottawa and Tremblant

Myself and three friends are heading to Tremblant next Friday and what to golf on the way up. I have called a few courses and they are all booked either with tournaments or just busy. I have called the following courses Heritage, Montebello, Le Belle, Le Bete, Le Diable and Le Geant, all busy on June 9th. We are already booked to play Royal Laurentian on Saturday and Sunday, so we don't really want to play that course again on Friday. Are there any other courses on the Quebec side that are worth playing? Thanks,

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Buckingham is not bad if memory serves (been many moons) and is not too far out of your way -- only about 10 minutes or so.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Another option is Carling Lake in Brownsburg near Lachute. A little more out of your way than Buckingham but I have a few friends who played it and loved it...

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    La Cite in Hawkesbury is a nice course. I know its not in Quebec, but there's a bridge to Quebec in Hawkesbury so it might be work for you.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Does Buckingham golf have a web site?

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Arundel - best value around Tremblant - not the same quality as the courses you mentioned but it's a good bang for the buck & you'll probably be able to get a tee time.

Gap Wedge shotpar is on a distinguished road shotpar's Avatar

Courses between Ottawa and Tremblant

I hear from friends that Lachute, 36 holes, right off the new part of Highway 50 in Lachute, is quite nice.
    And reasonable.
    You can never golf too much. What was that dear? Oh okay. Maybe you can.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I'll second the recommendation for Lachute. Both courses have very nice layouts. I haven't played in a while so I can't comment on recent conditions but in the past they were always well maintained.

If you want to take a little detour, the Falcon in Hudson is also pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by sparsons
    Does Buckingham golf have a web site?
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/golf/

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Try Gray rocks just before tremblant , very nice course , not a bad price, awesome setting.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster
    Try Gray rocks just before tremblant , very nice course , not a bad price, awesome setting.
    Those would be La Belle and La Bete - the old Gray Rocks course and a newer course. He already tried those - booked solid.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Les quatre domaines , just off highway 15 / 50, isn't bad they have two courses there, its pretty close to Blainville. www.golflesquatredomaines.ca

At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster
    Les quatre domaines , just off highway 15 / 50, isn't bad they have two courses there, its pretty close to Blainville. www.golflesquatredomaines.ca

If you do, play #2 - much better than #1

6 Iron Ian is on a distinguished road Ian's Avatar
    I'll second Shivas' recommendation of Arundel. Great little course!

bbad
    Heritage or Montabello are both nice pitstops along the way.

I was able to book a round at La Belle. They must have had a cancellation. Thanks for all your suggestions. I was wondering if anybody knew of a web site that has a course layout for La Belle?

5 Wood SIMMER is on a distinguished road SIMMER's Avatar

Montebello

Anyone have any info on Montebello? I will be playing there on Saturday for my cousin's bachelor party. I was wondering if this was an ideal place for a bunch of bachelor party hackers who will probably show up in jeans. Any other course info would be appreciated. thanks.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMMER
    Anyone have any info on Montebello? I will be playing there on Saturday for my cousin's bachelor party. I was wondering if this was an ideal place for a bunch of bachelor party hackers who will probably show up in jeans. Any other course info would be appreciated. thanks.
    hmmmm...it's part of the Chateau Montebello resort, fairly high end. I've never played it but I would imagine if you showed up in jeans it might be a problem..

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMMER
    Montebello does not allow jeans. Maybe give the course a call to verify but I wouldn't recommend showing up there in jeans.
    Not really the ideal course for a bunch of hackers either, but I'm sure you'll have a blast.

5 Wood SIMMER is on a distinguished road SIMMER's Avatar
    Yeah, I've been reading up on it and it was rated higher than one of the Tremblant courses ( Le Geant or Le Diable) can't remember which one. So it has to be pretty damn good to be ranked in line with those courses. GPS carts and all. I'll tell everyone to dress with proper attire and I'm just gonna make sure I am part of the first group teeing off so the marshalls can yell at the hackers behind me holding up everyone else.

Thread Information