100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wedges

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar

Wedges

The wedge poll gave me the idea for this....

Which wedges do you have in your bag and what lofts.

I read an article that says the majority of people don't use the PW that comes with their iron set. I'm contemplating picking up some Cleveland CG10's or 11's to replace the PW from my 695CB's(that aren't here yet).

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I started using Cleveland 588 wedges...first SW(56*) then GW(51*), LW(60*) and finally PW(47*) since I liked them so much. So if golfers replace their 3 and 4 irons for hybrids(like i did) and then replace the PW...your paying for a full set of 8 irons and only using 5 of them. Too bad most retailers won't let you purchase individual irons.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    I started using Cleveland 588 wedges...first SW(56*) then GW(51*), LW(60*) and finally PW(47*) since I liked them so much. So if golfers replace their 3 and 4 irons for hybrids(like i did) and then replace the PW...your paying for a full set of 8 irons and only using 5 of them. Too bad most retailers won't let you purchase individual irons.
    That would be nice for sure. I've taken my 5 wood and 3 iron out of my bag and replaced them with a Nickent Ironwood. I ordered my new 695CB's from 4-PW because I don't need the 3 iron. Too bad I couldn't have subtracted the PW too and used that extra money for a nice Cleveland wedge.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I was so happy when I found out that one of the local pro shops was a Cobra dealer...I got custom fitted for free and order the Cobra SSi irons(5 to 9) a couple of years ago. The only problem is if ever I want to sell these irons...it would be difficult. It was nice to have the option of just purchasing individual irons and not the whole set.

I love the Cleveland wedges!

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    Raven VCT Near-Net Forged 52, 56, and 60* in TT DG300 rflex. Like them better than my Maltby M-series (in Rifle Spinners) around the greens. I think I will 'ho some OEM wedges this summer like Clevelands or Vokeys just to see how they compare.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    That in it self is a very good reason to seriously consider going the route of custom fitted clubs. A good fitter/ maker should only sell you what you would be able to hit. If not, he is only interested in $$$$, not a return customer.

Thread Information