100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Richard"

When is it to hot for golf???

What is the highest temp you will play golf in? Anything over 28 and I can't play. Did 36 holes last year when it was 30+ and I almost died!

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar
    With a power cart it is never too hot! LOL.
    The breeze makes a HUGE difference.... but there is that darn added cost.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I would have to say never as well.. Though last year we played 36 holes on a day that was like 42 with hummidity in TO.. I thought I would die that day..

Riding def. helps on a hot day but also staying very hydrated..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    I cannot play more than one round of golf when the temp. reaches about 111 degees fahrenheit, there is no temperature that has ever been reached around my areas that I will not play at least 18 holes. If you don't believe me talk to my friend Denny in Phoenix. I'll play 18 or 27 holes of golf and then practice for about 4 hours on the practice green and driving range even though the temperature will be around 106. What can I say I love golf, even just practicing.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    It's never too hot in my opinion. Like I mentioned in another thread, I cart most of the time so the heat is no big deal.

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar
    Yeah, if I walk in temps over 30 my eyebrows and eyelids sweat so much I get blurry vision, and that darn burning eyes from the salt.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I walked 18 last year on one of the humidex warning days.

4 liters of liquid consumed and no piss breaks later, I was tired, but certainly not dead.

FWIW, rain gloves are also good when it's super humid and you're sweating buckets.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Temperature isn't the killer , its the damn humidity. I played last nite after 5.00pm and felt "soggy" for most of the round , which the mozzys love of course.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Hey Ironmaster, do you believe this weather up here? When you were here it was pouring and freezing. Now we are worried about heat stroke!

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I can play in 40 degrees, which I did in Myrtle two years ago in July. I love the heat. Just stay hydrated, no problems.

Bud Ice helped in Myrtle!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    Never too hot with the proper precations. i.e. cart, lots of water.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    I agree about yesterday being soggy and mosquito's loving it. I don't drink much liquids but I'll still go out. I would of gone today but some stuff came up.

Ottawa is just BS weather wise. If you have kids & a family and blah blah it's a nice place but for someone who just wants to golf it really stinks.

Too cold / Snow mostof the time and when it is time it's so damn hot & humid.

Ottawa largest range in temperatures of any capital in the world. Yeah!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    My wife and i played yesterday morning and for the first time in many years we got a cart after 9 holes.Made a big differance but just dont enjoy the game as much.We are both over 50 and carry our clubs all of the time,but it was very nice getting away from the blackflies (Edelweiss) ,cheers.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I played three rounds in Orlando this year in 100+ degrees. No issue at all.

Kids these days...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

"Richard"
    maybe its because my skin is darker and darker things attrack more heat The sun effects me more than it would a white person (am I allowed to say white person? or should I say "people with white skin")?

Dude, you have it backwards. I'm olive skinned, sun don't affect darker skin tones nearly as much as the fair skinned.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Considering how cold it is for nearly half of the year... it's NEVER too hot to golf. Just get yourself one of those Play-Dry or Dri-Fit shirts and drink lots of liquids.

MJF

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Yesterday in prescott was close. Couldn't drink water fast enough to replenish. Last couple holes started to wear me down. Come to think of it, yeah! thats why I played poorly...yesssssssssssssss! I love excuses.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    45+ with humidity is where I draw the line... I can stand 40-45 with lots of water in my system.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road

50+

Played last July in Sonora-Mexico, driving a cart and after 1 gallon of water each, we finished at 10:00AM by noon it hits 50+

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Most of the time when the weather is like this you play early, although some courses you can play pretty fast through the middle of the day, as most people won't golf, except us diehards. Another key is obviously water and lots of it.

Caddy Thunder is on a distinguished road
    36 holes today...felt great. It is never too hot, it is only too cold...SNOW (booooo)
    Enjoy the weather ladies

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny
    Dude, you have it backwards. I'm olive skinned, sun don't affect darker skin tones nearly as much as the fair skinned.
    Not true, where a black shirt while playing golf... you will be much cooler in a white shirt! Now imagine playing golf with jet black hair and dark skin. Sure you will get more burn since black and brown skin is hard to burn and harder to get skin cancer to for darker skin (so I hear)

Ideally if you don't have to work you play 9 or more in the morning before the sun is fully risen and than another 9-18 twilight.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    If I can walk, I can golf. If I've ever played soccer or rugby in equivalent heat (and I've played over 40 for both), I can certainly handle golf.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    What is the highest temp you will play golf in? Anything over 28 and I can't play. Did 36 holes last year when it was 30+ and I almost died!
    Never too hot for golf,. ok maybe in Arizona when it's 48.

I have a plan; I"m going to drink 1 glass of water every hour at work until I play. Hopefully that should make a difference. I can't drink fast enough to replenish if I go out and depend on getting water into my system faster than it's drained!

I do have jet black hair, minus the silver that's coming in. And I am as dark as you are in the summer. I don't know, I guess I'm just tougher then you are, muffin.

Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    Not true, where a black shirt while playing golf... you will be much cooler in a white shirt! Now imagine playing golf with jet black hair and dark skin. Sure you will get more burn since black and brown skin is hard to burn and harder to get skin cancer to for darker skin (so I hear)

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny
    I do have jet black hair, minus the silver that's coming in. And I am as dark as you are in the summer. I don't know, I guess I'm just tougher then you are, muffin.
    LOL, you don't have black hair and you don't have dark brown skin... although after meeting me I don't blame you wanting to be chicks dig it

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    I played at 40 degrees in Nappa Valley. No humidity at all over there though, so I only had my head burning since I had a golf hat It's usually the humidity that kills us over here.

Thread Information